other carb on LC4

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by lost1, Apr 2, 2006.

1. lost1

lost1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Has anyone installed a carb other than the FCR on the LC4. I was looking at some of the other (read cheaper) keihin flatslides and was wondering if...
  2. Buckster

Buckster Banned

Oddometer:
    All hail the BST.
  3. creeper

creeper Still alive...

Oddometer:
    There are only two that come to mind. The Mikuni HSR 42 (which is actually intended for Harley applications) and the Mikuni TMR, which was run on Husqvarnas for a few years. Apparently no one could get them sorted out on the Huskys, so in '05 (I think) Husky went to the FCR.

This is a generic image of the HSR series.

[​IMG]

This is an image from the Topham website in Germany. These carbs are also available from Schneider cycles.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Thats about it... I'll stick with my tuned BST thanks, although I'd love to fool around with a TMR, just to see whats what. :wink:
    C
  4. meat popsicle

meat popsicle Ignostic

Oddometer:
    There is a pumper carb made by Mikuni - their 'TM' series - that Flanny put on his LC4. He even produced a guide to the switch. It's in my Yahoo briefcase that is indexed (Other Downloads).

As I recall, he eventually switched to the FCR, but I can't remember why at this point... perhaps you can get him to explain why he did what he did. I do know that the Mikuni TM carbs are a bit cheaper than the Keihin FCR carbs if that is why you are asking. I will ask why you are considering a switch? :ear

Oh yeah, creeper was selling an HSR carb recently that I think someone put on their LC4 - EDIT: I see he has answered...
  5. meat popsicle

meat popsicle Ignostic

Oddometer:
    Here is a bit of Flanny's note on the TM40 installation:

There are a couple of pics of the minor mods needed to use it.

Sucdo page on Mikuni

Sudco pic of the Mikuni TM
    [​IMG]
  6. Loadedagain

Loadedagain making chips

Oddometer:
    all hail the bst :pope
  7. jimeconomou

jimeconomou Guest

I have been a party to hooking up a Dell Orto 40(?, but pretty sure) on a LC4 640 Dualsport and a Duke 2 and we had great results. This was the original carb on the (my) 2000 620 SX, oddball bike not supposed to be imported but some came in anyway, and it was great on all of them. Got it for around $220 new from the dealer, when we finished jetting the Duke, the most recent, it flat hauled ass and response was incredible. The 640 with it's lower gearing was a handful to say the least and after I broke my wrist over jumping a 30 foot rythm double at the MX track I realized it was too heavy and traded it in for a 525SX. I was hoping to duplicate my 620 SX with electric starting but the suspension revalving I did at Race Tech was not even close to controlling that beast. Dell Orto is cheap and works very well, the Duke is still in our circle of friends and it tears. Jim.
  8. fire_strom

fire_strom Long timer

Oddometer: