Over the Top Hop - Anchorage to Dawson City, Yukon

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Katoomer, Dec 29, 2002.

1. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Ok JO MAMA......wanted to initiate a new thread. Rather a band; a band of warriors...the Chicken, Alaska Warriors. A place where those of the allegiance can come, express their views and exchange information and stories.

Anyone out there have a problem with that? Ok...thought so. Anyway, the troops are massing, they all are informed and have much to contribute to this forum.

Hey fish et. al.: I think you've started something. Come-on boys, lets talk some trash and exchange some good stories.

I'll put out a call for a moderator if no-one volunteers!
  2. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    HEY! MR! Glad to have you. Spoke to a couple of buddies tonight...set the hook. Hopefully they will see the posts and respond. Good to hear from you again! We're regular, AK (mostly home grown) except me. Anyway, great group of guys, we would like to share some stories and........given the forum, talk some shit with those on either side of the truth; left or right!

:drums
  3. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    I love your quote...straight up their ass! I think it irritates them don't you?

Balanced, hospitible living under the umbrellela of the greatest concept ever!: the US Constitution. Fly you flag, salutes to you veterans and heart felt thanks.

Woe to those on EITHER extreme! Do not enter! :splat

Wish the buds would join. Hey have you ever listened to Acoustic Alchemy? Very cool sounds to post by! :drums :1drink
  4. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Would be glad to know him. Would like to honor him among the Gruvers. Don't forget to send other items of interest across the email lines, I have friends that love to sail, fish, hunt and motorcycle. Would like to count you in our circle of motorcycle friends. The Over the top is gaining popularity. ....would love to have you Mike.!
  5. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    Chicken, Alaska Warriors? What are the values of this group?
  6. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Glad you asked Fish. We value the sweet delictable taste of dust, the meaningless banter of who dusted who, was sliding most on the cornor (hence pucker factor slide scale) as we drove by one another.

Oh yeah, we admire family, honesty, courage, loyalty, humor and fine equipment; be it snowmachines, motorcycles, or cars. A fine band of merry warriors. :tongue
  7. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Caribou is our staple....canned, burger, brats, liverwurst, and sausage. Many pounds....enough to last us the entire year.

Greatful......and no more than you would say. Thanks for asking.

Oh yeah, no legal Moose spied. Saw some marginal ones in the unit I was hunting in. Just watched them. Wish they would re-institue fly-in wolf hunting. Preditor control is the key to healthy populations of our Moose. Need to get rid of the wolves and bears. Then they'll bounce back. May take 15 years.:mad:
  8. Fast Mo'

Fast Mo' Guest

I love Alaska!
    Where the men are men, and the women know it, and love it:))): :super :super :super :super
  9. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    In. :thumb
  10. Fast Mo'

Fast Mo' Guest

I have just finished up an article about wolves in Alaska and it was noting that the wolf has really made a negative impact on the native moose population in Alaska especially around Anchorage and the outlying areas.
    Whats up with that?
  11. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Guys. Just waiting for a little administrative action (User IDs and Pws). Then my band of merry warriors will have news; news for other ADV riders out there. My Pals should be arriving soon. They will bring with them a new outlook, a new perspective, an Alaskan perspective; one that many seek to understand. Some of you do...for the further removed.....they will learn something of our mind set.

Hey Mike,.......how bout a trip to Dutch with the band of Chicken Warriors!

:strum
  12. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Yep, wolves are the problem in a great many areas. Certainly not the Anchorage Bowl! I can feed them out my back door but never get close to a legal one in the units open to hunting.

Stakes are raised every year.....3 brow tines, four brow tines......50" or greater.....Until we cull the preditors, the moose will not return. Unfortunately, in may parts of south central Alaska, this will not happen for many years. We have too many friends of the earth SO Cal furry thing lovers to keep the balance. Don't matter, will survive on caribou until they're grocery store counters are devoid of beef.
  13. HackyMoto

HackyMoto TEAM USA GS TROPHY 2012

Oddometer:
    Hey what the hell is all that noise :mad: O just a dam harley rider :rolleyes
  14. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Glad to see you Hacky Moto! Now show the REAL PICS! Heres one for the record!
  15. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    his feet are on fire! :yikes
  16. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Hey Chad, fess up! Your hear lies in the Pterodactyl moto adventures! Stop show'in off with the v-twin stuff. Show-em what we are REALLY ALL ABOUT~!:super
  17. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Camera over my sholder.
  18. HackyMoto

HackyMoto TEAM USA GS TROPHY 2012

Oddometer:
    Downtown Dawson city the gruvers taking over the town:gun1
  19. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    OK....now we're getting somewhere! Downtown Dawson City. Hey Fish????? Ever been out (West) North?
  20. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    So what kinda folks show up at that shindig? Looks like they've come from pretty far away, and oh man...sloppy roads! I'll bet you get to be quite a good rider if you spend much time there, huh?

out of hand in what way?