Over the Top Hop - Anchorage to Dawson City, Yukon

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Katoomer, Dec 29, 2002.

1. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    I'm Scot mutt, nae Hebe. Simply McFrugal.

[​IMG]

It's hard to be tighter than a nun and generous at the same time but I picked up a couple packs of smokes for you, bud. The plastic's a little ripped and they might be a tad dry but put 'em on the humidifier for a few days and they'll be good as new. Discounted 'cause there's no warning. :thumb

[​IMG]
  2. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:

Degrees of disappointment...

Level 1: Disappointing to Others:

[​IMG]

Level 2: Disappointing to Self:

[​IMG]

Level 3: Just Flat Disappointing

[​IMG]
  3. Harry Swan

Harry Swan One more time

Oddometer:
    We've got numbers? Where did you find those?
  4. Cubdriver

Cubdriver Stampede Swimmer

Oddometer:

Where, oh where , does Legion really live. I mean REALLY live. Hoo boy!
  5. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Heli, thanks for the research. Very cool to see the sign-in roster. Like Harry, I want to know how you found the info.:deal

Harry, you got all of us in Alaska beat. Very impressive "born-on" date/number. You've got long "shelf life" brother!:thumb

Mic, you're the funniest guy I know......PERIOD. Heli runs a close second. Very wacky, sometimes shocking......but you ALWAYS make me laugh (and think).:poser :poser Oh yeah....what Dick (Cubdriver) said. :poser :poser :loco :loco
  6. Harry Swan

Harry Swan One more time

Oddometer:
    I'm surprised by #60. Chris MacAskill, aka Baldy, got an R11GS and found us at Micapeak GS list. He was looking for info on the bike and quickly realized the limitations of the format and took up the cause for bigger and better ... and a searchable database! Thanks Baldy! Anyway after a few months he invited us over but I was on a trip and late to the party which is why I'm surprised at the low number. If I recall, I mentioned Adventure Rider to Fighter in June 2002. He had heard about it from someone and said he was going to check it out. So, I'm wondering what Fighter's number is?
  7. helikron

helikron The Fixer

Oddometer:
    Righteous! I guess emptying a can of Febreeze into the pack would rehydrate 'em so they'd smoke just like menthols, eh? Moist and nasty, like an un-tight un-nun. :evil

In other news, if'n you hover your cursor over a username or click open someone's profile, look at the end of the URL. The last bit of info, as in Katoomer's case, looks like:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/member.php?u=2024

Bingo-bango, he's user #2024. Happy stalking! :wave
  8. Fighter

Fighter Head Gruver

Oddometer:

Thanks Heli
    Obviously a late arrival at #4135. :eek1 :eek1 :eek1
  9. helikron

helikron The Fixer

Oddometer:
    I was tempted to brain you with that, but figured ol' #9817 would be along shortly and could tackle it.

Hey, there's only been one Jexux, but a whole succession of Popes, Cardinals, Bishops, and alter boys since. In other words, everyone's just a number. :lol3
  10. Harry Swan

Harry Swan One more time

Oddometer:
    I'll be damned. Thank you. I have no idea how you figured that out or why I'd use it ... but very cool.
  11. Fighter

Fighter Head Gruver

Oddometer:

Not sure that old 9817 is even outabed just yet!:lol3
    any more info on "Pull'emup" accomodations???Fite
  12. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    Tae spenday. Pet an olte dryer sheet in the pack end yer golden. Ef the smookes a lettle harsh jest think of the savings. :thumb

[​IMG]
  13. helikron

helikron The Fixer

Oddometer:
    I quit the smokes, mostly.

Tae spenday, vrai. Someone mentioned that they stink, make for unkind wheezy-gaspy unruly noises in my sleep, and "you know, the ciggy is the one smokingÂ… you're just the one sucking on the fag."

Or whatever. :rolleyes
  14. AKmud

AKmud Muddy Gruver

Oddometer:
    #139,088......:huh

Just a young pup! :baby
  15. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    Ewww... harsh. :lol3
  16. helikron

helikron The Fixer

Oddometer:
    She has a way with words. :bluduh

what's new, mang?
  17. akkurt

akkurt Rode hard

Oddometer:
    A place where the free can speak there twisted minds? Minds twisted by liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, (and DUST)

Alas, I ask the fates, how may I have not known this place thus far? Why, oh why, have I suffered so long at the wretched hands of the pavement bound?

Why, I beg of the gods has the mundane ignorance of the tarmac softened masses fettered my existence? when here just over the hill from there, is the true garden of Thule's true Eden?

Chicken you say? Over the top, cross the wind ravished tundra, far from the setting sun of any season, lies the unholiest of places, with the unholiness of patrons. Oh, how I lone for the company of those that know well the miserable horrors of this true adventure.

Please make a place for me within the herd, thundering upon pilgrimage to the promised land. I shall prepare well, with leather and iron (and titanium, and aluminum, and Kevlar) my beast of burden to ride hard until the putrid fluids of life gush from the gaping wounds of adventure.

I shall arm myself with the might of the pen and the sword (and a double stack 1911) for this journey through the free land of our ancestors. And for freedoms sake shout to the heavens, give me liberty (and dust, and rain, and maybe some snow) for I shall honor gods gifts with the lustful enthusiasm of the explorer.

Mired hopelessly in the blood sweat and tears of the journey, I end my prose with one simple query...

Any women here????
  18. dapman

dapman Graphics Guru

Oddometer:
    What???
  19. Cubdriver

Cubdriver Stampede Swimmer

Oddometer:
    Are you going to Dawson or remaking Braveheart?
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
  20. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    I guess it's AKKurt's way of continuing the OTT Hop novel.:deal Well done.:clap