Over the Top Hop - Anchorage to Dawson City, Yukon

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Katoomer, Dec 29, 2002.

1. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    That makes sense V. I've always wanted to take the back way into Talkeetna via Hatcher's Pass but never have done it.

This year for sure.

About how many days do you guys set aside for the Dawson run?
  2. Vagabond

Vagabond Mr. Sparkle

Oddometer:
    This year I'm taking about a week (including one weekend) for the ride because I'm riding the Denali hwy across on the way home.:clap :clap :clap
  3. dapman

dapman Graphics Guru

Oddometer:
    Yo Gruvers,
    Here's a look at Katoomer showing all of us what it takes to be a Guvment wurker. :evil
  4. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Yep, the invisible me. Hey Dapman! What up? If dis me and post me....then post me! Actually, the summer is our busiest time of year. Have to request the approx. 3 weeks for the lower 48 ride by the end of the month, and then can only get approved if my buds in the office fill in for me. We all cover for eachother when we're on temporary duty or leave.

Leigon et. al. yep, it's hard to find the time to do both Dawson and longer rides. Last year we combined the Motor Cassiar run with the over the top. That is to say some poor souls had to watch our tail lights as we headed south out of Dawson! Not Dapman though.....all Dapman had to do was avoid getting drop kicked by some mountain goats outside of Bell II. Yep, that's right, Dapman got leap frogged by a mountain goat WHILE RIDING THE CASSIAR! We estimated his speed between 45 and 50. The mountain goat obviously underestimated Dapmans speed!

Now THAT would be a picture worth posting. Here's a picture of Dapman in his full regallia! Looks like he means business!:eek1
  5. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
  6. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Your's truly. :2beer
  7. HackyMoto

HackyMoto TEAM USA GS TROPHY 2012

Oddometer:
    :jump :jump I'm WATCHING YOU :jump :jump
  8. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    I placed an order w/ Don for a graphitan a couple days ago.

Looks like this'll be a fun Summer w/ a lot different bike than I'm used to, but one I've been batting around buying for too long.
  9. dapman

dapman Graphics Guru

Oddometer:
    My bad...:confused

Damn photo cd's images are too big to post... As soon as I figger out how to reduce will post Larrmo Riding cushion on the Taku! Love ya Bro!
  10. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Dapman.....err....can't wait to see this "cushion". Thought I had enough back there!:evil
  11. Vagabond

Vagabond Mr. Sparkle

Oddometer:
    I have spoken to our :bow spiritual leader, and he has commanded me to post the dates for the 2003 Dawson run. We will start on Wednesday June 18, 2003 and will "end" on Sunday June 22, 2003. I hope this helps.
  12. Caribou Aqua Buddha

Caribou Aqua Buddha Long timer

Oddometer:
    You guys are deeply disturbed, and that is among the qualities I look for in a group.:huh Benstspoke
  13. HackyMoto

HackyMoto TEAM USA GS TROPHY 2012

Oddometer:
    yo guys, rode the bike yesterday - 20 miles. 2 gear wheelie in front of the beemer shop witnessed by a vagabond. :flip
  14. Vagabond

Vagabond Mr. Sparkle

Oddometer:
    Thank you for the one-wheel salute HackyMoto. All Hail the Chicken (AK) Warriors!:super:super:super:super
  15. Vagabond

Vagabond Mr. Sparkle

Oddometer:
    Here are a few more pics of the 2002 Dawson ride. Enjoy.....:clap :clap
  16. Ruskie

Ruskie Banned

Oddometer:
    And... Why is this in Jo-momma instead of "Ride Reports..pics:scratch :dunno :scratch

cool shots of a great time:1drink
  17. Vagabond

Vagabond Mr. Sparkle

Oddometer:
    :dunno Um, I'm not really sure either. You might want to check with Katoomer on that one:dunno
  18. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    Saw you looking out the 2nd story window tonight when I pulled in to see if my new bike had arrived yet.

It just had! Went to look at it next door w/ Mike.

Looking forward to catching up w/ you guys sometime over the summer. Dawson would be xlnt but its a damn busy time for me. My plan?... I'll keep my fingers crossed and continue to allienate clients til my schedule gets some slack in it. :evil

Even if I can't catch up w/ you all for one of the cool rides I'm hoping to hit the back route from Hatcher Pass to Willow as soon as the snow melts enough. Let's take a rip up there after work one of these times if you're up for it.
  19. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    Fixed.
  20. Vagabond

Vagabond Mr. Sparkle

Oddometer:
    Yup, Saw your new bike today. Very nice.:thumb I'll definately hook up with you for a trek over Hatcher's pass. I think the pass opens around the fourth of July because the ground isn't stable until then. Can't wait for the "real" spring! :D