Overland expo west 2019

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by onatur, May 15, 2019.

1. onatur

onatur Bastard

Oddometer:
    Anyone from LA\OC riding out Thursday 16th?
    I plan to roll around 9:00 am Ride at a pace to get to the campground round 5:00.
    Leaving from long beach
    Others welcome to join.
  2. Chillis

Chillis Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anybody else going?

I am considering it. The AEV ZR2 they have is really sweet. May drive mine tomorrow or take the bike. Looks like the weather may chill out for a day or so to make it bike worthy.
  3. villageidiot

villageidiot Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    bring your wallet.

its boner city for vehicles, gear, etc etc, you'll wanna have the truck to haul back the load of stuff you'll buy.

i went to west and east in 2017, and west in 2018, but we aren't making it this year (duh its already happening) maybe well go back next year, but its a LOT of work as a small vendor, its 3 long days.
    NSFW and Chillis like this.
  4. Chillis

Oddometer:
    What I want can't be bought there, the Chevy front and body lift and those AEV fenders, trimming, and lower axle gearing.
  5. villageidiot

Oddometer:
    There’s plenty of shit ya never knew ya needed!
    Chillis likes this.
  6. villageidiot

Oddometer:
    What you want might be able to be bought there. There’s a huge manufacturer presence last year, people were walk-in out with lift kits and suspension bits etc etc. there’s also usually discounts on all the shit being ordered too.
    Chillis likes this.
  7. Chillis

Oddometer:
    I was up too late and don't feel like the trek. Too bad. Looks awesome.
  8. villageidiot

Oddometer:
    its cool to see it all in one place, but its a LOT of people, and a long fuckin day, ton of walking.

from 2017 to 2018 they expanded it like 75% bigger, there were manufacturers semi trucks in there, full displays, its really gone huge, not sure if its good or bad, but people are making money, and the manufacturers are taking notice etc.
    Chillis likes this.
  9. Wblewzman

Wblewzman n00b

Oddometer:
    Never seen so much stuff I thought I needed in my life. Million and a 1/2 dollar 6WD adventure vehicles all the way down to ear plugs. It was incredible. A must see. I got out of there with less than $200 worth of stuff. Won a Helinox Sunset chair. Got overserved on Friday night. Great food. Good Music. Lots of Adventure bike folks to talk to. Plenty of classes to teach you how to ride a 500lb motorcycle in the dirt. More camping and 4WD stuff than you could shake a stick at. 10 LED light vendors. Walked 20 miles and still didn't see it all. Plenty of freebie's. Plenty of free tastings.
    CA Stu likes this.