Overland Expo West Moto Experience: May 15-19, Flagstaff, AZ

Discussion in 'Rallies' started by Rudy, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Rudy

Rudy Learnin' Administrator

Oddometer:
    2019 OVERLAND EXPO WEST

We’re heading to Overland Expo West in May and they’re giving advrider members a 10% discount to anyone that wants to go. We know it's a bit last minute for everyone to make plans but if it's something you're interested in or we're thinking about attending we'd love to meet you there.

When: MAY 17-19, 2019
    Where: Fort Tuthill County Park 2446 Fort Tuthill Loop

There's two options for anyone that's interested. The moto camping which gets you in the door, access to the moto village and activities. The second option is the the moto camping + moto village + the Moto Experience which includes adv specific classes.

Option 1: Moto Weekend Pass and Camping: $20.00-$160.00 depending on package chosen.
    • Enjoy general admission to the Expo with access to a selection of 120+ activities, the vendors/exhibitor area, all demos, roundtables, slideshows, and films, and are welcome to join happy hours (beverages available for purchase).
    • Access to on-site, rustic camping—no reservations, sites are on a first-come basis—amongst a beautiful pine forest. (See our FAQ for more details.) Camping is available between Thursday evening until Monday morning. Campground conditions are rustic and in an undeveloped open area with no hookups. Vehicle restrictions apply: campsites are limited to motorcycles, tents, overland vehicles, and small overland trailers only.
    Option 2: Moto Experience + Weekend Pass and Camping: $20.00-$283.00 depending on package chosen.
    • Everything in the moto weekend pass + access to 100's of moto classes.
    Where to get tickets:

Please make sure you use the links above so the discount code is applied automatically for you or you can manually apply it: OX19WADVRR

If you want to learn more:
    Moto activities page https://www.overlandexpo.com/moto-activities
    Event schedule: https://www.overlandexpo.com/schedule-2019-west#event

Weekend Pass with Camping: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/weeken...-west-tickets-53210459918?discount=OX19WADVRR

Overland Moto Experience: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/overla...-west-tickets-53155752286?discount=OX19WADVRR
    E-luke, MtnRubi and ScooterJeff like this.
  2. alison's wanderland

alison's wanderland Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Even though I'm one of the organizers, I'm looking forward to the event this year with all we have going on for motorcyclists. This will be my 9th year attending the west show and we keep making the moto area better each year. Hope to see a bunch of you there – would love to see a post of what you're riding in on!
    Ozarks Rider, E-luke and Rudy like this.
  3. sethkins

sethkins n00b

Oddometer:
    Anyone riding out there from the Texas area? I am leaving from San Antonio on 11May19 and making a trip out of it.
  4. Jstowell2008

Jstowell2008 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Im leaving from Dallas area, but not until the 15. Plan on riding to Datil NM the first day to a little camp ground and into pie town the next morning with a short 250 miles to overland on the 16th
  5. sethkins

sethkins n00b

Oddometer:
    Well if you change your mind and want to leave earlier let me know I already got campsites paid for.
  6. Mtmedic

Mtmedic All bleeding stops

Oddometer:
    Wife bought the tickets before we knew about the discount. Oh well, We are coming from Wyoming and should be there Friday Red Vstrom and a blue Versys with Montana plates
    E-luke likes this.
  7. Bigredwelder

Bigredwelder Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Coming in on Thursday evening from Phoenix on a KTM 1090r.
    E-luke likes this.
  8. SlcRex

SlcRex n00b

Oddometer:
    Leaving from Salt Lake City on the 16th on a 800GS. Looking forward to it!
    econwatch likes this.
  9. E-luke

E-luke Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’ll be coming up Thursday evening from Pheonix on a 1290 SAR! Got my bike stored at a forum members house, and will ride up once I fly in around 5pm... got any recommendations for routes up? What time you leaving? I’ll be arriving and setting up in the dark methinks!!

And thanks for the advrider discount! I’ve already booked my tickets — don’t suppose it’ll work retrospectively?!?

Can’t wait!
    Rudy likes this.
  10. Bigredwelder

Bigredwelder Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately, I will probably be slabbing it up 17 to Flag to avoid getting there well after dark. Not sure what time I'll be leaving. Hoping to get out by 2:30-3:00 but I usually get stuck at work later than that. There are a lot better/more scenic ways to get to Flag such as 60 to Wickenburg, then through Congress and Yarnell, to Prescott, then to 89A through Jerome, Cottonwod and Sedona. Lot longer trip though....would definitely put you in well after dark if you don't leave until 6 or so.

I saw your add looking for somewhere to store a bike, but it looked like you had made arrangements before I saw it, or I would have given you a place.

Keep in touch....I let you know if I don't get out of work until 5 or so and we can head up together.
    Rudy and E-luke like this.
  11. E-luke

E-luke Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No sweat! Appreciate it. Another Arizona’n offered a space next to his Aprillia - big shout out to legend @Wblewzman ! He was going to join on the ride but I might ride with him after.

Let me know if you get out later, and otherwise, I’ll maybe catch you up there. I’m camping and doing a bunch of the riding classes and the moto party!
    Rudy likes this.
  12. apexfiend

apexfiend Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'll be heading up Thursday most likely, maybe Wednesday morning and make is an all dirt trip to Flag from Peoria if anyone wants to join.
    E-luke and Rudy like this.
  13. sethkins

sethkins n00b

Oddometer:
    Anyone interested in doing apache lake in the Phoenix area the 14th and camping to the 15th?
  14. E-luke

E-luke Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey everybody,

So I’ve just found out from the organizers that entry will be closed from 6pm... not very good news for anyone coming up after work, or, like me, flying in to Pheonix at 4pm from overseas, and planning to arrive around 8/9pm...

I reached out to the organizers and they said it’s tricky as security simply won’t let you through to collect your passes, BUT, if you know anyone arriving that day, they can pick up yours for you, then meet you at the gate for handover when you arrive...

So — does anyone want a few beers on me for doing this favor for a KTM riding Aussie??? I can always find a cheap motel then go setup first thing Friday morning at 7:30am, but I spent $400 on the overland experience in order to begin my riding classes at 9am... doesn’t leave me much wiggle room, and it makes things a pain in the ass and more expensive than it already is. Plus most motels would be booked I’d assume.

Any rate, if anyone has ideas or is willing to grab my parking and camping passes I’d be eternally grateful — assuming there’s phone reception in the camping area area for me to call you once I arrive!!

Hope all are well!

Cheers,
    Luke
  15. E-luke

E-luke Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :photog:D
    Beers on me if my previous message works for ya?!?
    apexfiend likes this.
  16. Bigredwelder

Bigredwelder Adventurer

Oddometer:
    As of right now, it's looking like I should be able to get there by 6. I'll gladly grab them for you if they let me. Have you checked to make sure they will release passes to someone other than the person named on them?
  17. E-luke

E-luke Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oh yeah? That would be fantastic... assuming you’re camping too? I’ve sent them an email to ask what I’d need to do, but when I hear back I’ll let you know, and in the meantime will also wait to hear whether you lock in coming up by 6pm.
    Thanks again, mate!
  18. Bigredwelder

Bigredwelder Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I'll be there by 6 for sure. Don't want to deal with the motel thing for the same reasons as you. Yes, I'll be camping as well, doing a lot of the classes and moto party as well.

Just let me know what they say and I'll get em picked up for you.
    E-luke likes this.
  19. Ohio_Danimal

Ohio_Danimal If I die trying, at least I tried

Oddometer:
    I'll be riding to the OX from Ohio (via a stop at Cogent Suspension in NC)

I also had already purchased a ticket before knowing of the discount. Is there any way to retrieve that difference?

Looking forward to attending before I swing South into Mexico and beyond.
  20. Rudy

Rudy Learnin' Administrator

Oddometer:
    We'll figure something out for future events, just remind me that you went to this one and we'll make it right :)
    Ozarks Rider likes this.