Overland Expo West Moto Experience: May 15-19, Flagstaff, AZ

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Rudy, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Ohio_Danimal

Ohio_Danimal If I die trying, at least I tried Supporter

Oddometer:
    Explain if you can the details around the Cool Ride selection.
    I ask because I breezed through the 50 votes needed, and am leaving on my trip 5/5. I do understand that being available on 5/15 for the Cool Ride party in town is a requirement, but when exactly would a selected person be notified so that I would know to be in Flagstaff 5/15 rather than the 5/17 date OX begins?
  2. Rudy

Rudy Learnin' Administrator

Oddometer:
    I'm not sure on the final details for that but i'll inquire to see if we can a contact for ya.
  3. Hltoppr

Hltoppr El Gringo Spectacular

Oddometer:
    I’ll be there! Looking forward to #10!

-H-
  4. E-luke

E-luke Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Bigredwelder, just heard back from the expo re picking up passes — all seems straight forward if that’s still cool with you?! I’ll PM you now for more info!

Luke
  5. Bigredwelder

Bigredwelder Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Works for me. I'll look for your PM.
    E-luke likes this.
  6. drcole

drcole Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anybody coming down from Denver or Colorado Springs area with room on truck or trailer? I need a dr650 picked up in Colorado Springs and would be willing to pay a small fortune for the service! Please pm me
  7. machinebuilder

machinebuilder Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just found this thread, I won't have a bike with me this trip.
    I am leaving East TN tomorrow evening (5/10) and once I hit NM will be meandering to arrive about noon Thursday.
    My current idea is to take I40 to Moriarity, NM then head towards Datil Wells and the Gila NF, go to "The Blue" (Blue River rd south from Alpine, AZ) Then the Mogollon Rim.
    I'll see how my timing looks, my plans change quickly.
    I'll probably be staying Wednesday night in Camp Verde (resupply, shower etc).
    I have a spot at the FWC booth and will be there with my 2 GSP dogs (reason for no bike).

My rig is a white extended cab F150 with a FWC Granby. I'm willing to sit and swap lies with just about anyone.

I haven't decided on where I am going after the Expo, but have many ideas.
    Rudy likes this.
  8. E-luke

E-luke Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Rudy (and others), just wanted to see if the “all gear all the time” thing meant motocross or adv gear? I’ve just kitted out my ktm and camp gear, and the actual adv ride gear is the last thing. I’ve got moto jeans and black denim armored shirt with my steeet helmet and street boots. Part of OEW was deciding which gear to pull the trigger on — will I be ok in that gear? I just got some advice in another thread re actual riding (and social acceptability) of my aforementioned kit, but want to make sure of my actual ability to do the classes. I’m traveling the world and literally don’t have any ability to get much more gear before I fly and ride in...

Any rate, can’t wait!!
    Luke
  9. SlcRex

SlcRex n00b

Oddometer:
    I'll be there well before 6 as well and I'm camping. Feel free to use me as a backup.
    E-luke likes this.
  10. Bigredwelder

Oddometer:
    I've got Luke covered, but if for some reason something pops up, I'll call him and PM you.
    E-luke likes this.
  11. E-luke

E-luke Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you, fellas. Love this forum for the community and legendary members.
    I’m buying you both a round:photog
  12. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    there are a lot of forest roads in the area. that would be the 2nd reason for attending (not this year though), i prefer the mx style helmet, goggles, boots and protective gear.
  13. OwlFarmer

OwlFarmer n00b

Oddometer:
    I am coming from Santa Barbara and just checked the forecast on the route for Thursday. Wind advisory in the deserts with gusts up to 60mph. I think I'll take the enclosed trailer rather than ride. If anyone else can't or won't ride through that I will have an empty slot on the trailer. Leave SB Thursday morning and drive back Sunday morning.
    E-luke likes this.
  14. Bigredwelder

Oddometer:
    Yeah, it looks like the weather is going to be just stellar. Guess that's what I get for thinking "Oh it will be a nice break from the heat in Phoenix" when I signed up. This Phonecian is going to be freezing his ass off. :lol2 Man what a puss I've become since moving from Colorado.
    E-luke likes this.
  15. E-luke

E-luke Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mate I’m hearing you! Saw the weather forecast and quickly thanked myself for getting a new down sleep bag, then cursed myself for not having super warm riding gear:permazot will be doing some last minute fleece and base layer purchases before I leave!