Overnight BBQ and hangover ride

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Chopperman, May 27, 2002.

1. Chopperman

Chopperman Hostile. But not Stupid

Oddometer:
  2. Chopperman

Oddometer:
    :evil

The goose is good.

Have a small leak from the front crank seal. annoying but not a problem. I'll deal with it this winter.

One small annoyance that I do have to figure out. I get a dead spot coming off neutral throttle. But too late to be the mxture setting. and it pulls like a freight train all through the whole acceleration curve. Just this hiccup when you roll on after maintaining a speed/rpm for a while and it will also give the occasional miss. All on the right side.

SO I fddle with carb cable slack setings (theory being that the right slide was opening sooner, causing a lean condition) slightly better.

SO now I am thinking timing or air leak. Both are easy to check but I want to dynamically time it and I can't find the damn cords for my timing light.

Looks like today's event is garage cleaning.
  3. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    Tighten up the suspension front and back. And get a dam haircut.
    pwf....

Hey really I was leafing thru an Airhead magazine a while back and a guy was having trouble on the right side and I think they finally decided as it had a leftside side stand over the years the right side carb had some kind of lime build up. Weird. They tried everything before they cured it. :drums
  4. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
  5. Tracker

Tracker Guest

Hey Chop'
    Is that Hangover green you painted that guzzy ?
    You might also check the float height, a high fuel level can give you a burble on take off, more so if it is only on one side on a boxer or v-twin....

Great riding weather this weekend here in Oregon also, I got in a couple of great rides on the R100/7 , rode untill the rain hit at 2:00 pm this afternoon (monday)
  6. Chopperman

Oddometer:
    Short of putting quikcrete in the forks and struts on the rear, the suspension is not gonna improve much.

Lime in the carb? What was he making in there margeritas?

I tend to think it is more a air leak or float setting.
  7. Chopperman

Oddometer:
    THose aren't weeds. That is protected oceanside habitat. I think I crushed a protected slug.
  8. Chopperman

Oddometer:
    Well I went green cause everyone says don't do it. And other than Kawasakis I don't see many green ones. That is "forest green" I just call it "The cheap stuff at 3 bones a can"

I wasn't that green. I'm an experienced inebriator. I don't do that anymore. the dude in the tent, however....

The float level is an idea...and worth checking but I don't think it will pan out.

The flatspot is not on take off, roll on acceleration...it is just in that areaoff neutral throttle in the midrange. But not in the high RPM acceleration.

other interesting events:
    I wish I could send digital smellovision captures. I went into a gas station and waited for my turn at the can. Took forever. Finally the kid (late teens) comes out. Pasty white. looks at me and knows his cool is blown. he says "I am so sorry, I tried to clean it up". And out of the bathroom rolls that yellow puke smell. Poor kid had a bad case of carsick. He tried to apologize to me again in the parking lot.

Guessed age range on the Guzzi on this trip alone: '43-'62. No one guessed young.
  9. Chopperman

Oddometer:
    oh jees. Why you gotta do that to me... I just got one running, have 2 more in the works and I have to get the maintenance items done on the VTR and DR...

Got an idea on the year? If I can't use it, I bet I know someone who could.
  10. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    Saw a bumper sticker on an older Nissan Pickup with Eureka license plate frame today: "We don't own the earth, the earth owns us."
  11. Chopperman

Oddometer:
    Cool man!
    Momma gave me that "no nookie til the end of time" look when I mentioned it. But I have a fellow guzzisti in mind who's 850-T went flambe on the way to the guzzi nat. rally last summer and is in need of donor parts.