overnight trailer parking Houston 12/3?

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by SantaFeTrailer, Nov 12, 2020.

1. SantaFeTrailer

SantaFeTrailer still social distancing

Oddometer:
    Short story: I need to park a trailer somewhere safe the afternoon of 12/3 and pick it up the afternoon of 12/4.

Long story: I will be in Houston for medical reasons on 12/4. I also bought a boat that I need to pick up after my various medical visits when I hit the highway back to New Mexico. However, given how they operate (no criticisms, you just need to go with the flow), there is no guarantee that I will be done before the boat dealer closes. I would then have to spend the night and wait until Saturday morning to pick up the boat, but that makes it tight to get to Carlsbad by Saturday afternoon, where I intend to meet up with my family to take the boat out to see Christmas on the Pecos (light show on the river in Carlsbad). I don't see it being feasible to pick up the boat and try to park it at Texas Medical Center overnight.

So, I am hoping someone either knows of a place or has some space that I can stash my new boat for a night. It will potentially save me a hotel bill, so I don't mind paying or buying dinner. as the case may be.

Thanks!
  2. Meriden

Meriden Yea whatever

Oddometer:
    If you don't get a better deal you can park it on the street in front of my house. While it is not a gated community, we do have a security patrol and low crime (relatively speaking) andd we are just down the road from the med center. My neighbor parks a boat in front of their house form time to time and there are probably 30 boats stored in driveways all over the neighborhood. Another option is to contact Lakeview or South Main RV parks for one day parking. They both serve the temporary med center crowd and may have more secure place to park over night.
  3. SantaFeTrailer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Meriden, that sounds like a really good option. I will let you know.

Meriden likes this.
  4. san1k

san1k Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The other gentlemen maybe a better option but I have room in the drive way or at my neighborhood boat dock you could store it. I am north of Houston though about 30 minutes off I45.
    SantaFeTrailer likes this.
  5. SantaFeTrailer

Oddometer:
    Thanks san1K, that is a good offer as well. It would be nice to have the opportunity to pop it in the water. Man, a neighborhood boat dock would be nice. I'm over an hour away.

san1k likes this.
  6. SantaFeTrailer

Oddometer:
    A big thanks to @Meriden for hooking us up with his neighbor's driveway to put the boat in, and also setting up my dad with some seeds to some of his landscaping plants that my dad had admired.
    Meriden likes this.
  7. Meriden

Meriden Yea whatever

Oddometer:
    Great to meet you both! I really enjoyed the talk. Best of luck with the boat and the Turk's Cap. Let us know how they work out. We have plenty of seeds if he needs more. If you ever need anything around Houston you have my number.

m