Owhee to McDermitt

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - West & PNW' started by Countdown, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Countdown

Countdown Long timer

Oddometer:
    Really need a GPS track to get from Owhee to McDermitt along the NV/OR border.

This looks like a much better route than Jarbridge to Midas (questionable gas) to McDermitt or Orovada.

OldXR pointed it out in:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1006413
  2. dvwalker

dvwalker Working to ride

Oddometer:
    As part of a much larger route, I have a track from Owyhee to McDermitt recorded in 2012 that you can cut out of the bigger route.

Extreme remote area and not for the unprepared. Poof dust, sand, pan head rocks and river fording await...pretty area...

gpx here, see post #5
  3. Countdown

Countdown Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I had some of your other trips but not this one. The Magenta track in attached file is what I was going to try. Do you have any knowledge of this route?

Attached Files:

4. dvwalker

dvwalker Working to ride

Oddometer:
    I recall the turnoffs that intersected my route, you should be good, all very similar riding.

the jordan valley to owyhee is from BigDogs 2010 mexcan trip, he explained that section well in his RR. He mentioned a really steep climb down/up at crutcher crossing that separates the dirt from street riders. Proably simular to Bruneau canyon east of Owyhee.

The route we took via Ranch 45 is very scenic near the river rim. Otherwise it's miles and miles of typical high plateau. The roads are not used much in the area, except by occasional river runner. One of the more remote ranches I've seen. More info here...