Owners Chat (with pics!): Honda NC700X

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by swiss-happy, Aug 9, 2012.

1. MaxFuel

MaxFuel Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Your post reminded me, I have that same little deflector that you have. I think I’ll dig it out and try it on my Zero Gravity SR screen for summer riding.

I started with an 18” Madstad that wasn’t quite good enough. Replaced it with the 20”. It has been perfect for my 5’6” frame and with an Arai Signet Q helmet.
    frog13 likes this.
  2. frog13

frog13 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Fakenstein, understood on all. There's suppose to be a bit of noise while riding.....it's no biggie. Kinda like driving a cage with the windows down : )
    Rapturee2 likes this.
  3. Fakenstein

Fakenstein Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    yep agreed. always striving for "better"
    also for reference im 6ft tall.
    frog13 likes this.
  4. frog13

frog13 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I ordered some ROK straps to secure a soft bag to my rack , but , not sure if I like them yet ; may just have to get use to them , can't explain it really. Any quality , confidence inspiring bungee cords on the market?. I've searched but all advertising seems to read the same.........from the collectives experience, what do you use. TIA.
  5. JT105

JT105 Let's Ride!

Oddometer:
    I use Rok Straps. I have both the long ones (60”?) and the shorter ones (48”?). They are great. Held my bags for over 5000 miles from Michigan to Montana and back. I like them better than bungies because they won’t fall off. ROK straps have loops on the end that you wrap around your mounting points. Bungee cords have hooks.
    Also, you can loosen the ROK straps, clip the clasp, then pull them tight. No fear of a bungee hook coming loose and smacking you in the face.
    frog13 and TonyKZ1 like this.
  6. zontar

zontar lawnhater

Oddometer:
    I concur on Rok straps. I mainly use hard bags, but ROK straps are hard to beat for soft luggage. try different sizes and you can tie anything down securely. bungies are good for home repairs that have been neglected because I'm out playing on the bike!
    frog13 likes this.
  7. frog13

frog13 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'll keep at it.......try try again eh.....lol. It'll work out.....perseverance
  8. billy84000

billy84000 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sunday ride in surreal landscapes.Pindos National park(Greece)

3.JPG 4.JPG

5.JPG

17.JPG

24.JPG

30.JPG

dasos kataras.JPG

Χιονοδρομικό Ανηλίου.JPG

Ride safe!
    Rapturee2, jon_l, TonyKZ1 and 3 others like this.
  9. frog13

frog13 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Quite nice to say the least! .
    In pic #6 , what does the sign say?.
    billy84000 likes this.
  10. Bulitt

Bulitt Flori-duh Man

Oddometer:
    I am heading up to Two Wheels at Suches to pitch a tent and ride the area Friday through Sunday. If any of you guys want to get out for a ride come on up.

Edit: Late today....Looks like I am going to abort this trip unless they announce reopening the pipeline tonight. Over 60% of the gas stations in Atlanta are currently out of fuel and getting worse. Not looking good for a road trip.
    frog13 likes this.
  11. dduelin

dduelin Prone To Wander, Lord, I Feel It

Oddometer:
    Would like to but I was at TWO last month and hope to make an OH rally next month. Not enough vacation!
    frog13 likes this.
  12. billy84000

billy84000 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It says Traditional Cheese Factory and a name below.Unfortunately I did not have much time, I would get half a kilo of cheese!:D
    Rapturee2, dduelin and frog13 like this.
  13. Bulitt

Bulitt Flori-duh Man

Oddometer:
    I wanted to go to the ST rally but I was already booked to go out to Texas to the wing gathering. Not sure I made the right choice..... we hit some epic storms around Houston. Here’s a pic of some small south Texas town we went through.
    0CD4F59F-3161-43A7-9027-D6367EDA3757.jpeg
    frog13 likes this.
  14. Davidc83

Davidc83 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    FYI: Colonial opened their pipeline back up yesterday....may take a few days to get back to normal though..... go farther north/northwest...most of Tennessee, all of Ky do not get gas from Colonial...
  15. Bulitt

Bulitt Flori-duh Man

Oddometer:
    Thanks....just gonna wait a week.
  16. Davidc83

Oddometer:
    FYI: there are some of us from the nc700-forum.com site going to be at Iron Horse (Stecoah NC) starting next week.....maybe only 3-4 of us, but I will be there sometime on Wednesday and a 3-4 more on Thursday.....We usually have a meetup in the area the weekend before Memorial Day weekend and stay at the Kickstand Lodge (we know Mo!), but this year the Kickstand isnt opening until Memorial Day weekend...
  17. Fakenstein

Fakenstein Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    how long you staying? tent camping? room to trailer the bike in?
  18. Bulitt

Bulitt Flori-duh Man

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I am aware of that from the NC forum. There is also a V-Strom rally at Ironhorse the same days which I am signed up for, so I am planning to be there. Look for the red VFR12X.....

I just saw up in the “rallies” thread there are now 80 people signed up for the Strom rally so Ironhorse will have a full house! See you there!
    71519C39-4E02-444A-A26B-CD3990F939FD.jpeg
    Davidc83 likes this.
  19. Davidc83

Oddometer:
    I am staying from Wednesday (weather permitting) afternoon to Sunday morning...Tent camping...I havent camped since I was a kiddo, 50 years ago...so going to try the motorcycle camping thing...I am riding there from southern Indiana (dont have a trailer or a vehicle to pull it)...Dont know what time I am leaving on Wednesday morning...depends on weather/temp..
    frog13 likes this.
  20. Davidc83

Oddometer:
    I will keep a lookout for you...nice bike...my bike's big brother....and 'red' is the fastest color...
    frog13 likes this.