Oxford grips

Discussion in 'KTM 950/990' started by DirtyBastard, Oct 7, 2019.

1. DirtyBastard

DirtyBastard Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Welp, I installed a set of Oxfords onto the 990 a year ago. They work great, but I hate the thickness. Modern Triumphs and Ducati’s heated stock grips are not bulky like the Oxfords.

I see a set of “990 stock heated grips” on EBay but they can’t tell me their circumstance. (No clue why this is s challenge) Anyone using them? Or has anyone used a set of Ducati/Triumph grips on their bikes?
  2. tinwelp

tinwelp Professional Idiot

Oddometer:
    DB,
    maybe if you asked for the diameter or circumference of the grips (rather than their "circumstance") you would get an answer? :photog

I don't know if it'll help you, but I've ridden a 990 with factory heated grips and I didn't notice any significant difference in size to the non-heated grips.

Cheers... Paul
  3. Andocalrisian

Andocalrisian Adventurer

Oddometer:
    im in the same boat, getting colder in Canada and looking at some heated ones but the oxfords are too thick for my likings.
    Gotta be better option out there
  4. Frostguiding

Frostguiding Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just put Oxford "Adventure" hot grips on my 990. I like the extra thickness - it feels similar to the foam grips with the stick-on foil heated grips I had before. I think the bigger circumference actually help a bit with the sharp throttle response on the '07.
  5. Koen

Koen Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've got the Daytona ones on mine, they don't feel thicker. I'll measure them for ya ... remind me if i forget.
  6. zimtim

zimtim Adventurer

Oddometer: