Oz / Kiwi Suzuki DR650 Adv Riders Sign in Here please

Discussion in 'Australia' started by davorallyfan, Feb 20, 2007.

1. BergDonk

BergDonk Old Enough to Know Better

Oddometer:
    I found the 130 606 too big for my setup with 18" rim. The 120 is fine though. My preferred tyre is a 140/80 Mitas MC23. It used to be a Sava and they are a small very low profile 140. If bags out well in the soft stuff and outlasts a 120 606 by up to 50%. Not currently available as a 17" though.

[​IMG]
    NTJosh, Precis and sidetrack one like this.
  2. NTJosh

NTJosh Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Cheers Bergy, will look into them
  3. BergDonk

Oddometer:
    The Mitas E09 and E07 130/80s are OK too.
    NTJosh likes this.
  4. sidetrack one

sidetrack one Chief Tiddler Supporter

Oddometer:
    What we are talking about re sprocket tooth count...a chain has an inner and outer link,in this example it is clear the inner was in contact with the same teeth constantly!
    20190824_172709.jpg
    20190824_172654.jpg p
    robmoto, Chalkie62 and Precis like this.
  5. schmik

schmik Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I WISH it came in a 17.

4000 - 4500km is all I can get out of a 606 rear.
    The E07 lasted a lot long but was only good for the first half of its life offroad. After that, the centre strip would make it break loose very easily.
    BergDonk and dmsantam like this.
  6. fayeslane

fayeslane Rankest of amateurs

Oddometer:
    You are 500-1000kms ahead of most blokes :bluduh
  7. schmik

schmik Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Meaning you guys get more or less km?
  8. fayeslane

fayeslane Rankest of amateurs

Oddometer:
    Usually gone at abour 3500 kms for me
  9. schmik

schmik Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Then again... I do have my speedo / odo fail regularly. Maybe I am over estimating what i get.
  10. kezzajohnson

kezzajohnson kezza

Oddometer:
    Only ever had a D606 in the same size as yours on the 18 inch. With a 112 links 15/46 combo, here's my gap between the swingarm with a brand new one (and brand new chain and sprockets). Never rubs anywhere except on the stock tool tube plastic guard on compression.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    BergDonk likes this.
  11. NTJosh

Oddometer:
    Yep, mines similar..not much room in there!!
  12. NTJosh

Oddometer:
    Lad’s,

Just an update on my Trailtech Vapour issue (Moisture/Condensation in screen).
    I heard back from Adv Bike Aus this morning, they contacted Trailtech who have advised they are going to send me a replacement unit direct.

Can’t complain about that!

Regards

Josh
  13. kezzajohnson

kezzajohnson kezza

Oddometer:

Nice - good to see they back them up. Might have to have a whine about mine except I don't have a photo of it in that condition.

edit...just looked up my receipt and have had it over a year now so out of warranty. Ah, well-suck it up.
  14. BergDonk

Oddometer:
    Not unexpected, I have heard good things about TT's backup in such situations in the past.
    leighwgold and Precis like this.
  15. DIRT SQUIRTER

DIRT SQUIRTER Bitumen is just a way of getting there!

Oddometer:
    Farkles.... just got round to tallying up about $3,000 to date. Maybe a screen, Barrett rack and luggage kit of some sort should see me done; Oh fark! maybe the Nova box and big bore kit too???:gdog Meh... :D
    Needless to say it is coming together nicely. Best $ spent so far was on the FFRC suspension, transformed it. (ok, the replacement seat = 1st):hmmmmm
  16. DIRT SQUIRTER

Oddometer:
    Results of a bit of shed time on the week end.
    1) Tuck in gauge and switch holder fabricated; fitted grip heater Heat demon switch, & light bar isolate/off switch (it still dips on/off STD switch)
    2) Trail tech fan fitted after re-doing plugs to fit the gauge in the dash: I was a bit disappointed that the kit did not come with enough goodies to get the control unit remote mounted (probably sold as kit to add to the kit???FFS).. had to buy plugs and change them with extra wire. :dirtdog It was a squeeze and trimmed a bit off the fan housing to allow for the movement of the radiator on mounts during "naps" on the trails.. :augie
    3) Brackets fabricated for Aurora 50W Light bar, fitted and wired up via relay. Yet to try on road but over powers the JNS LED head light output (a lot)
    4) SAE lead to main fused block, for Mini moto air pump/battery maintenance
    Will be interesting to see what the temps on the gauge get to.

The grip heaters will get put off from fitting for a while. Do you need 2 throttle tube side grips to fit these? Looks like you might stuff them trying to get the STD LH grip over them ?? suggestions? experiences gents??

IMG_1035[1].JPG IMG_1036[1].JPG IMG_1037[1].JPG IMG_1038[1].JPG
    leighwgold and Suncoaster like this.
  17. BergDonk

Oddometer:
    Not normally, but can be grip dependent to an extent. Softer grips will grow enough. I use brake cleaner as a lube/part solvent, then 5 double wraps of stainless tie wire.

I'm keen to hear how the fan works out, I still might swap my thermostat for a fan.
    DIRT SQUIRTER likes this.
  18. leighwgold

leighwgold Ph.D. of B.S. Supporter

Oddometer:
    A fan question? Just putting a Safari 30l tank on and can see the oil cooler airflow is a bit restricted, has anyone noticed if the oil temps have increased in slow hard going? Might it be beneficial to fit one? DR is standard bore with Staintune, airbox and BST40 mods.
  19. DIRT SQUIRTER

Oddometer:
    Nice to know; thanks. I'll have a fool around and get some fan on/off temps as well as air scoop off for giggles on a slow weekend. I'll collate and post for all.

Probably (based on my faulty logic:loco) would have to get hotter. My 20L restricts air movement compared to the stock tank; I put the air scoop on the side of the oil cooler to help out the air flow. I get a hit of hot air as I start moving since fitting. (PM me & I'll post you one to try).

The fan when it kicks in moves a lot of air! I was impressed. I think it was necessary for me, to fit one, as I commute in city traffic and the oil change after a hot week (40C+) suggested I may have "overheated" the oil, based on the metal "dust" in it not usually seen. :hmmmmm
    Cheers DS
  20. Precis

Precis Maladroit malcontent

Oddometer:
    Body's back home, but soul is in Central America
    Highest oil temp I've seen is 186 degC.