Oz/Kiwi Tenere ADV riders sign in here please.

Discussion in 'Australia' started by JCG, Jan 20, 2008.

1. damo2010

damo2010 damo

Oddometer:
    Turns out that the carby was fine but it was the top breather hose under the tank that was bent back on itself. This was in the second card which I believe relies on air flow to open the jets.
    Once I put this hose back where it belonged it powered on as it should
  2. bsimpson

bsimpson faster than a goanna

Oddometer:
    yep, usd forks off an 02 wr426, billet lower tripple clamp too:clap picked them up on ebay for $150. used the tenere axle, wheel, disc, caliper and steering stem. had to machine up some spacers and sleeves for the stem and axle and calliper but over all it was a really easy conversion, used a polisport universal free flow front guard,perfect. i do however need to get some flush mount indicators that i will mount to the side fairings as the guard does hit the original ones and a digital speedo as the drive wouldnt fit with the front wheel in centre of the forks, missed out by 8mm. so if anyone needs a set of tenere forks ive got some going cheep...:wink:
  3. bsimpson

Oddometer:
  4. chewy52

chewy52 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks as dirty as the first pic. Think u may have linked the wrong picky. Wish i had a missus that dirty.
  5. damo2010

damo2010 damo

Oddometer:
    I won't be doing such a conversion as just spent money having forks serviced and upgraded and am pretty happy with them, however,
    what kind of adjustment do the forks have?
    Did you have to change to top triple? If so, what happened with the ignition lock
  6. bsimpson

Oddometer:
    yeah...:norton got sick of trying to fix it..try this one
    [​IMG]
  7. bsimpson

Oddometer:
    forks have both compression and rebound, yeah had to change top triple too, will weld a new mount to take the lock but at the moment i just have it bolted to an existing mount on the wr triple clamp, never use the steering lock anyway..i also was considering a suspension tune but this conversion only cost $250 and it gives me some much needed extra height as i am tall, the rear will undergo a height mod too, starting tomorow night. will let you know what it takes.
  8. damo2010

damo2010 damo

Oddometer:
    I'm surprised you need extra height. There already fairly tall. I have raised my handle bars and lower foot pegs, but your mods are much more interesting.

One of the guys who started the Aussie tenere thread fitted 18 in rims. That will give you a little bit I guess.

Looking forward to seeing how you achieve this one.
  9. bsimpson

Oddometer:
    i'm 6'4" and it just feels like my arse is too close to the ground, i guess im just used to tall bikes. i have put bar raisers also and run atv high bend pro tapers. footpeg mod is on the way too, ill move them down and back a little and maybe even taller seat foam.
    had a quick look at the shock tonight without pulling anything apart and realised it has a remote resivoir with a realy long hose which may make fitting a shock off another bike painfull so i have a feeling i will be sticking with the original shock body, modify the mounts and go for a heavier spring.
    i dont think fitting an 18" rim will help with anything but tyre choice as i think the 17"tyres have a taller side wall and they both end up with about the same rolling diameter tyre.
  10. damo2010

damo2010 damo

Oddometer:
    When I changed my shock, the swing arm does not have much movement down once the shock was disengaged, so not sure if you can do much there. BTW, the manual says to remove the air box side covers but I found you did not need to. Just remove the battery. There is three cables that you need to disconnect to be able to get a socket into the top mount bolt.
    Raising the seat is a good idea
  11. digga1111

digga1111 bann ed

Oddometer:
    there was a thread a whike ago where some one in aus was doing a gullimoto rallye build on a super ten :ear
  12. digga1111

digga1111 bann ed

Oddometer:
  13. What's his Face

What's his Face lost as

Oddometer:
  14. Sean-0

Sean-0 straya carnt

Oddometer:
    so when ya buy a tenergay ... does it mean ya need another bike for spare's

what spare frame ? spare frontend ..spare battery ....so on and so forth :eek1

bit like there piano's ....came with spare keys ...spare foot pedel ...so on and so forth :D
  15. What's his Face

What's his Face lost as

Oddometer:
    hey.. don't come in here with your nonsense

there is a thread already for the crazy's

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=441937
  16. digga1111

digga1111 bann ed

Oddometer:
  17. Kempseyboy

Kempseyboy n00b

Oddometer:
    Rockhampton, Central Queensland, Australia
    Hi all, anyone know where I can source wellnuts to attach the fairing on my '96, the rubber has perished over the years and the fairing is held on by cable ties at the moment, any clues breatlt appreciated. Cheers.
  18. PNGExile

PNGExile n00b

Oddometer:
    Try Probolt- they have a great range online and are reliable delivery wise and Australian based for a change, you will have to hunt around the website for the wellnuts a bit, but they sell them in smallish numbers which is great (who needs 100?). I also got new hex heads to go with mine- they have them in just about every colour. You might also see the XTZ660 (1995-99) engine bolt kits which look great on the old grey engine!.:freaky
  19. Jono660

Jono660 Yamafied

Oddometer:
    Well now the paperwork is through, it's official.......I'm the owner of a Super Tenere 750!!!!!!!!:D It was What's his Face's and before that, Hodgo's but It's now moved on to me. I have, like many others, watched that bike for a while and I look forward to putting some more Km's on it. Still have the Tenere 660, which I plan to keep and as my wife just got here learners a few weeks ago it might be ridden by her more than me. We'll see. Anyway happy as a pig in mud so I thought I'd tell you all. Thanks Derek. Cheers, Jono.:clap
  20. What's his Face

What's his Face lost as

Oddometer:
    :thumb
    good things them super 10's