1. ** Enter to win a $250 gift card! We want to hear from you, please take this survey **

Take this survey which covers a range of questions about improving the community, the things that interest you and anything else you want to share with us. All responses will remain anonymous.

Click here to take the survey
    Dismiss Notice

Oz Yamaha WR250/450 riders sign in here!

Discussion in 'Australia' started by rhino_343, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Hoots

Hoots Long timer

Oddometer:
    The little DRZ is a much better option than most people think ...

But it's the difference between a cool stubbie out of the esky, and a frosted bottle of expensive Chardonnay - life's short ...
    BygDaddee likes this.
  2. Neonasty

Neonasty Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well I survived the first ride. It was a short 15km jaunt as a test and see how it felt. It feels like a large mountain bike, with amazing power. I had to stop 3 times to get blood back in my hands, its easily the fastest bike I've ridden. I know understand what people mean by steering with the rear.

The rear has a lowering link and is VERY soft for my 100kg plus frame. Unfortunately the previous owner didn't have the stock dogbones, so I'll have to chase that it. I hoped it was an adjustable dog bone, but it's not and just seems to be lowered.

Funnily enough the front end feels pretty good and super smooth. I loved being able to lift the front end at will and pop over any puddles or water bars.

I felt like I was learning to ride again and need to spend some quality time getting used to it and dialing the suspension in.

I managed to stall it on some higher speed single track and slide to a drop in the first 5 minutes, so it was good to get its first drop out of the way. There's going to be many more.

5 stars.

20210103_181918.jpg 20210103_174322.jpg
  3. Hoots

Hoots Long timer

Oddometer:
    According to Transmoto (article 12 months ago), Yamaha are working towards full road registration for the YZ125X and 250X
    Neonasty likes this.
  4. Oldfatbeerman

Oldfatbeerman Enroute to a PUB

Oddometer:
    I have had some time consuming issues to deal with on the 450 tidy up for trade in , seized bolt fixing the rear guard to the subframe and airbox , of course it was a nutsert into plastic that spun , I ended up having to pulloff the air box and cut off the seized bolt head , pull out the nutsert and use multi grips and my vice to separate the bolt shank and nutsert , then araldite the nutsert back in . The joys of working on old bikes aye . 20210105_162902.jpg
    Ready set slow and BygDaddee like this.
  5. BygDaddee

BygDaddee Where do I get a pie

Oddometer:
    CRF300L

6. Cuttlefish

Cuttlefish Riding to disappear.

Oddometer:
    Fun cruising around on the WR mini bikes out around Imbil/Kandanga. Grip was not a problem for us. 20210110_081648.jpg
    BygDaddee and darren70 like this.
  7. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    Thought it would be a bit damp and muddy up there.
    Any water on the crossings?
  8. Cuttlefish

Cuttlefish Riding to disappear.

Oddometer:
    Not much at all. The wettest spot was at the bottom of Hart's Rd.
    Cruz likes this.
  9. Ready set slow

Ready set slow Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    07 wr450f that pops a bit at a steady throttle at 80kmh on the way to the trails do you guys think it may be running a bit lean.It has a full gytr system and seems to have 3 holes drilled in the bottom of the airbox.
  10. Oldfatbeerman

Oldfatbeerman Enroute to a PUB

Oddometer:
    Probably is a bit lean , unless you have an exhaust leak allowing air into the pipe to cause the popping . Try raising the needle one notch and see if it improves .
  11. Neonasty

Neonasty Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've taken the YZ out for two rides in two days.
    First ride at Murrundindi. Great tough single track riding, could be very hard in the wet.
    Second ride at LaTrobe State Forrest. Sandy, faster single tracks and high speed wooped out 4x4 tracks. A heap of fun.

The little YZ is a bit rich though, its bogging down 1/4 to 3/4 throttle and seems to drink like a fish. I drowned one spark plug and had to swap it. Once getting home and refueling, I worked it out to be using about 24L/100Kms. Hahah might need a tune. I've checked the air screw and it was a full turn too rich. Next it pull the carb and take a look inside.

Oh. Lost my number plate somewhere in the bush too. 20210112_175232.jpg
    TrevB and BygDaddee like this.
  12. Simosez

Simosez go ride your bike.

Oddometer:
    Drop the needle a notch.
    Ready set slow and Neonasty like this.
  13. BygDaddee

BygDaddee Where do I get a pie

Oddometer:
    We are going to have to kick to the YZ thread, taking all the limelight :lol3

Neonasty likes this.
  14. tHEtREV

tHEtREV Encouragement award recipient. tEAM iDIOT.

Oddometer:
    well if someone starts one I may have to start posting in it...
    BygDaddee likes this.