Ozark Color Tour

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States' started by huskyenduro, Aug 2, 2009.

1. huskyenduro

huskyenduro n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello All,

Recently moved to North Texas and have heard great things about the Ozark Color Tour. It appears that the ride is no longer an organized event. Does anyone still get toghter to informally ride it? I have a GPS and am interested in this type of a ride. If anyone knows any info on this ride or another that is similar in Texas, Oklahoma or Arkansas, I would appreciate it.

If any recent GPS tracks exist could you also attach a link.

Missing Michigan trail riding....:cry and trying to find something similar.

Dan - Husky TE510
  2. tbirdsp

tbirdsp REMF

Oddometer:
    Dan, check your private messages.
  3. Trinity

Trinity Byron in Texas

Oddometer:
    FWIW, unless we get a sustained cold snap, most of the nice color in northern Arkansas doesn't seem to appear until early November.

Since you're in North Texas, please feel free to check out the October ride events here: http://www.lonestarbmwriders.org/ The club is planning an early October camping ride to Talihena, OK and a later October ride to Eureka Springs, AR. All bikes are welcome. :ear
  4. DualSportDispatch

DualSportDispatch Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  5. dutch peter

dutch peter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If I remember correctly there is a good ride in Junction texas in April :clap
  6. devrodirt

devrodirt devro

Oddometer:
    Huskyenduro,
    The FCT (Fall Color Tour) in NW Arkansas most definetly happens every year around Halloween.
    I can tell you from past expereince, it is a BLAST!!! If you can make it, you should.

It is centralized out of Clarksville, Ar. Most stay in a hotel in Cville, we locals camp at Spadra Park (the train campground)
    It is not an "official ride" and is sometimes hard to find the thread. But just stay tuned later in the year and you will find it.

Otherwise, just hit the TAT through NW Arkansas. After you get familiar with the TAT you will easily find other alternate routes and marvelous roads and trails.

If you are interested in hard-core single track check out Brock Creek just north of Jersusalem, AR. You can link to the trail map from our local club website: RVDRS.com

The RVDRS (River Valley Dirt Riders) are pretty stong in DS riding, racing and single track riding. If you want to tie in with us just sign on to the site and give us a jingle.

take care down thar in Taxis,
    devro