Pacific Crest Overland Route GPX wanted

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - West & PNW' started by Zuber, Aug 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Zuber

Zuber Zoob Supporter

Oddometer:
    No, not the PCT, it's the PCOR. I just heard of this for the 4x4 Overlander crowd.
    There's several write-ups about Jeep'n it, but I can't find GPS Tracks for it.
  2. pckopp

pckopp Aged Adventurer

Oddometer:

Attached Files:

3. pckopp

pckopp Aged Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Here is Oregon:

Attached Files:

4. pckopp

pckopp Aged Adventurer

Oddometer:
    And California

Attached Files:

0p2_ADV and Hpcast like this.
  5. Zuber

Zuber Zoob Supporter

Oddometer:
  6. Rips Millar

Rips Millar capt. mediocre

Oddometer:
    i assume this is a more mellow way across CA than say, the CABDR, but they do take you through Lippincott in Death Valley so it's obviously not ALL road or easy stuff....The site doesn't describe the route very much, anybody done this? i'd like to check it out. I wanna make sure it's all big bike friendly, and it sure looks like it is, although i wouldn't ride UP Lippincott if goin south, down, sure, but not up.
  7. RonSJC

RonSJC Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Lot's of pavement, except for Death Valley and it appears they go up Hunter Valley road to Teakettle Junction and Down Lippencott.
  8. Rips Millar

Rips Millar capt. mediocre

Oddometer:
    Lot's of pavement around Lake Tahoe for sure, weird that it does that, but from my house north it doesn't look so bad...

Look @RonSJC , if we had a better route, we wouldn't need be talking about it huh?hahahaha CABDR-NORTH BRING IT
    RonSJC likes this.
  9. wbbnm

wbbnm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Jerry Counts, Countdown, asked me to pass along some information on this topic. Attached is a track file he provided.

And here are some comments:

"I don’t see the wisdom of a Mexico to Canada ride in the west that uses the Sierra high country that is not accessible until Death Valley impassable and the Mojave desert way too hot for fun riding which limits the ride to September or more like October and hope for no snow. This is why the PCQ & most of the PDR uses the Coast Mts rather than the desert like the BDR & the PCOR."

Attached Files:

10. sharpie1

sharpie1 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Lots of pavement? I'm out.
  11. Blaise W

Blaise W Long timer Super Supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Timely post! I have tentative plans to make a loop up the Pacific Crest, one way or another, and back down the CDR. I've done most segments of the CDR, mostly on light bikes, but never all together. I want to make it a big bike ride, either my '16 Africa Twin manual which is setup for BB Dual Sport or '19 Africa Twin Adventure Sports DCT (wretched excess, I know). This gives me three versions and I can mix and match if desired. It appears that the PCOR is the dirtiest, followed by the PCQ and finally the PDR which is all pavement, at least at first glance. There will be other rides this year on the CRF450L, and the first, DV Noobs, is coming soon but I want to do a long easy loop up to Canada and back. Thanks so much for posting these in one place!!
  12. NorthernTraveler

NorthernTraveler Long time Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I originally built my Northern Route and Southern Route to connect the top and bottom of the PCQ and CDR.

A link across the middle could be done by the TAT, or Pony Express.

Or you could do a figure 8 and stop back by a central starting spot.