Pahrump NV November 12-15, 2015

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by NSFW, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Jenn

Jenn praise seitan! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've heard of people doing that - afaik it's not a thing in the Bay Area. Can't even get a loaner from the motorcycle dealership when scheduled warranty service requires they keep the moto overnight (that turned into 2 hours on transit ugh)
  2. headstaller

headstaller Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks Joel and to all those involved in bringing another great event into fruition. See you all next year.
  3. M1Jeep

M1Jeep Long timer

Oddometer:
    +1

A big thanks to Joel, Jimmy, Heather, and all the volunteers for making this happen. Also, thanks to the Pahrump officials for inviting us!

The riding opportunities there are plenty. I had a really fun time. Thanks Captain Slo (Bill) for the tracks.

See y'all at the noobs rally.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
  4. SpongeRob

SpongeRob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just got unpacked. Thanks Joel for your dedication to making us all have a good time. It's always fun.
    rob
  5. Molonlabemike

Molonlabemike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got back around 12 today and boy I am beat, nothing like a 250 mile ride home in a nasty head wind. A big thanks to Joel for putting this ride together and lending a tube to ensure I could keep riding worry free. Also the city of Pahrump, Jimmy & Heather for also putting a lot into this event to make it what it was. It was great meeting some new friends and drinking and riding with some old friends.

Lastly I want thank Sena for donating some great gifts into the raffle, cant wait to try out my new camera! Once I get some photos up ill post up in the ride report...until then I am gonna rest.
    mike89061 and Migolito like this.
  6. Molonlabemike

Oddometer:
  7. palada

palada Perma-n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks a lot Joel for putting this together! :thumb

A couple pics from the Sat ride.

one of several Mikes on his 690
    [​IMG]

Didn't catch these riders' names, sorry
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Danny
    [​IMG]

Rob
    [​IMG]

Ersin (sp?)
    [​IMG]

Rich
    [​IMG]

...and the prettiest bike at the rally :D
    [​IMG]
    NSFW, outlaws, FYYFF and 2 others like this.
  8. Bravo Zulu

Bravo Zulu Not gonna lie. I'm a pretty big deal.

Oddometer:
    Thanks Joel and everyone else who put this rally together. Had an amazing time seeing old friends and making new ones. Got home just before the rain and drizzle. Thanks Mike for the company on the ride home. See you all at NOOBS!
    Molonlabemike likes this.
  9. PK Matt

PK Matt Hope to be here a while....

Oddometer:
    Thank Joel,

I had a fanrastic time. Scrambelon, Chipahoy, and I left last night and drove to Barstow for a hotel room. Left early today and started getting rain at about 10:30 am. To cap off our ride home the last 1/2 mile of my trip was in the snow.

Thanks again
  10. Molonlabemike

Oddometer:
    Like wise bud, good riding with you. You, Mike, & I need to go riding locally soon!
  11. Greedyg76

Greedyg76 Certified Card Carrying A-hole

Oddometer:
    Although it took longer than expected, we arrived home safely
    Thanks Joel, Lewis' and the rest - we had a great time :beer

DSCN2161.JPG
  12. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    got home around 5pm and done unloading.

thanks to all who participated, volunteers, jimmy lewis and crew. met a lot of good people and also had a good time.

before this event, most of us have never heard of pahrump. what a suprise!

great little town, nice locals, lots of good riding and the weather was the perfect winter riding. likewise, the town officials were supportive and excited to see us holding this event. at the beginning, i wasn't really sure what is going to come out of this. what are we going to lose to test the water and make this a pilot run.

not a bad turn out. all participants whom i talked to were happy for coming.

i think we hit a nevada mine with great potential. i received a text from one of the officials and they want us to come back.

so, very good chance we can put this on our next year's calendar. hope you guys will join us again and attract more people.

giving business to the local economy is just the icing, i believe we have another cause. if this grows and hold this annually, we should be able to find a way to support the nevada off road community and the organizations fighting for us.
  13. Jenn

Jenn praise seitan! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks like an awesome event - maybe next year!
  14. FYYFF

FYYFF Forever young...

Oddometer:
    Got back home around 7:30pm after a loooong drive through Death Valley, Dante's View, Stovepipe, Trona, etc. Drove through a sand storm and a rain storm. Stopped by at Tom's (Tdsurf) home to pick up my bike and brought it back home.
    Thank you Joel for an other amazing "Joel Production". Everything was beautiful. Mexican food catered on Saturday night was amazing. Also thanks to City of Pahrump for welcoming us and for their hospitality. Special thanks to Diego and Tom to give my baby a first class transportation to and from Pahrump.
    Can't wait for the next year for a longer time off to ride more trails.
    PERRO-FROM-HELL likes this.
  15. mike89061

mike89061 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    All I can say is ..WOW ! What a great time with an awesome group of people ! Can't wait to see you all back again next year ! Thanks Joel and Sena for the great raffle prizes !! See ya all at Noobs !
    Molonlabemike likes this.
  16. PukaWai

PukaWai Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks to Joel for organizing this event, I really enjoyed meeting a bunch of inmates that had just been figments of cyberimagination before this event.
    A big thank you to the participants in Larry's Friday ride for their patience and help with my irrational urge to taste-test the dirt every 20ft of our ride. That was ugly!
    I must have an Angel of Doom sitting on my shoulder that has led me into some sort of motorcycle adventure disaster over the last couple of years. Serendipitously, each time he has also thrown some little nugget that makes up for it, in this case he led me to arrive home on Saturday well before the "storm with not much precipitation forecast for Monday" made an early appearance Sunday afternoon. Limping home with my still broken brakes through this would have been really ugly!

[​IMG]
  17. ChipAhoy

ChipAhoy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Joel for setting everything up it was a great event. Look forward to next year! Never been out to that area and it was awesome riding. Pk and Scrambleon, we had our differences but we salvaged what we could and managed a great time!
  18. headstaller

headstaller Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Also the perfect event to learn riding big bike :hide:lol3
    [​IMG]
    outlaws likes this.
  19. TDsurf

TDsurf Orange Flyer

Oddometer:
    Joel, congrats you did it again. What a blast. Sign me up for next year.

Hope to see you all at the noob rally.
  20. GalacticGS

GalacticGS Motorcyclist Supporter

Oddometer:
    Joel - what can i Say - you pulled off another great event. The Pahrump Rally was a great success!

I led a ride Friday that went over Rocky Gap, and then headed to the Pioneer Saloon before returning to Pahrump.

The new Husky 501 before leaving...
    [​IMG]

We headed east from Pahrump on Carpenter Canyon road, and then took a challenging trail heading south to Trout Canyon Road. This little trail parallels a barb wire fence, and has a few exciting ups and downs crossing washouts.

Here's Shaun, Rob, and Ken while we wait for some of the others...
    [​IMG]

Dave on his Sherco 300
    [​IMG]

Jim on one of those orange bikes...
    [​IMG]

Paul on his pretty white Yamaha...
    [​IMG]

Berndt on his BMW Dakar 650...
    [​IMG]
    Got to give Berndt credit. He mistakenly joined my ride which was definitely a bit more challenging than he had planned for, but he did well on the Dakar (although he did get close with the Nevada dirt a few times).

Thanks Tim for riding sweep on the ride (a thankless job, but super important)!
    [​IMG]

We finally made it to a short stint on Trout Canyon Road, and then had a great ride on Lovell Summit Road. It's a winding road, gaining elevation to above 6000 feet among Pinyon and Juniper woodlands. We passed a few small patches of snow on the way.

Rob (KTM) at the summit...
    [​IMG]

Jim
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shaun on the big (and beautiful KTM 1190)...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ken on his Honda 250...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dave
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Paul
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Berndt
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tim
    [​IMG]

Group Shot...
    [​IMG]

As you can see, there's a tremendous variety of terrain for riding in the Pahrump area!

More to come...
    NSFW and tbarstow like this.