Palouse Riders

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by Spaniard, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    Some of us will be in Elberton, WA at about noon on Saturday if any of you happen to be in the area. We are bringing our lunches and will be taking a break at the big red brick building where the historic sign is. There are a few picnic tables there and those of us that have compact chairs will bring them so we can keep our distance while we have lunch.
    Phoenix101 likes this.
  2. 1911fan

1911fan Master of the Obvious Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hmmm... good day for the Road King to be out.
    Phoenix101 likes this.
  3. Mr. Vintage

Mr. Vintage Family Dude Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bummer, I just missed you Ladybug, I was out near Elberton early this morning.
    [​IMG]
    barnyard, Oldschoolrocker and td63 like this.
  4. Idarider

Idarider R1200GS

Oddometer:
    My gutters are clean:doh
  5. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    It would have been nice to see you Mr. Vintage. Sorry we didn't cross paths.
  6. 1911fan

1911fan Master of the Obvious Supporter

Oddometer:
    Too much to do yesterday. I did all the things! including a ride.
  7. Mtnseker

Mtnseker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone know the story behind this beautiful cabin that was built on Joseph Creek? My wife and I spent a few days riding north of Enterprise and came across this cabin on the upper end of Joseph Creek. The front door is wide open and a good 12 inches of water is flowing through the cabin and then out the back door. It has a beautiful rock fireplace we could see from the outside. The water was too deep to go inside and look around. What a shame. Someone put a lot of money into it. You would think someone would have told them to build on higher ground. 20200510_112524.jpg 20200510_112722.jpg
    sorebutt likes this.
  8. Oldschoolrocker

Oldschoolrocker a.k.a. EZE Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wow!!! Or dig a canal around. That is a shame!!
    MUDHWY likes this.
  9. td63

td63 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah, wow -- and what a shame, indeed. And it's not like it's a heavy run-off year/season, so wtf?
  10. Phoenix101

Phoenix101 Long timer

Oddometer:
    looks like they broke the rules of building... building low in the bottom of a drainage... is this over by Flora??
  11. Mtnseker

Oddometer:
    Its in the area where FSR 4600 intersects with Crow Creek Rd and Chesnicmnus Creek Rd. We heard they left the cabin two years ago after being flooded out.
    Phoenix101 likes this.
  12. MUDHWY

MUDHWY Pins & Needles

Oddometer:
    Yep. A solution could have surely been engineered. Perhaps they just ran out of cash or energy to deal with it.
    Oldschoolrocker likes this.
  13. Phoenix101

Phoenix101 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Horse Creek area again... had to cut it short as the two ATV with us had issues... first one a Suzuki 80 I think the starter went bad... towing it out with the other ATV and punctured a tire... the best we could do with the nearly new tire was stick plugs in it but there was no stopping the leak... ride/ tow for a while stop pump up the tire and repeat.

my motorcycle pardner (granddaughter) we got into a pretty good splash the other guy catching someone going slow through a big mud puddle and blow past them at mach 1 drenching them as you go past... she actually started it... we both got so wet we were freezing up on top... she cracks me up and I'm surprised she likes to hang around her G-pa...

upload_2020-5-16_21-40-8.png

for LB

upload_2020-5-16_21-41-3.png

the rest of the crew on the ride....

upload_2020-5-16_21-42-46.png
    td63, Idarider, sorebutt and 7 others like this.
  14. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    NICE!
    Phoenix101 likes this.
  15. dhally

dhally Hammerhead Supporter

Oddometer:
    You didn't get much mud on them.. fail!
    Phoenix101 likes this.
  16. Mtnseker

Oddometer:
    Grande Ronde running high and muddy this morning. 20200521_104002.jpg
    td63, Ride Now, Phoenix101 and 2 others like this.
  17. Phoenix101

Phoenix101 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Needed to break in a new rear tire on my 1200 and Janet needed to finishing wearing out the shoes on her 750... so quick road trip (iron butt style!!!)

Saturday we were here to visit a family member. Paul earned the Silver Star for Valor saving other soldiers in a fire fight.

upload_2020-5-25_10-50-0.png

Ever remember Main Street Leavenworth like this on a holiday weekend... yes it was nice

upload_2020-5-25_10-51-11.png

Next morning we had a ways to go as we needed to be home that night... route? Over Stevens Pass to North Cascade Pass, turn East and head home... 578 miles...

upload_2020-5-25_10-53-37.png

upload_2020-5-25_10-55-17.png

Pandemic or no pandemic... every one of our trips have included at least one time dining at the gas pumps...

upload_2020-5-25_10-57-7.png

Weather was GREAT! It was a weekend of drive in meals (other than the one time gas station)... the Drive in at Sprague was open (and HAPPY to have customers) our other favorite drive in was a little mom-pop place in Darrington... both places had a lot of two wheel customers... Traffic on 509 side was great; on the 206 side as usual pretty much bumper to bumper due to PEOPLE DRIVING 5-10 MPH UNDER THE SPEED LIMIT WITH A LINE OF CARS BEHIND THEM AS THEY DRIVE BY THE "PULL OVER IF DELAYING MORE THAN FIVE VEHICLES SIGNS"!!!!!!!).. My rear tire is broke in and Janet's bike is close to needing new shoes... thanks for riding along!
    td63, Ladybug, Mtnseker and 1 other person like this.
  18. countryrebel

countryrebel Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anyone have any rides planned this week? Weather is looking pretty good.
  19. Idarider

Idarider R1200GS

Oddometer:
    I have the first week of June off and have thought about exploring Eastern Oregon. After that I have a 4 day weekend in July that was for the north of the border ride.
  20. Dons1911

Dons1911 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Any of you folks know of anyone down there that works on Guzzi's? Looking for a knowledgeable mechanic with Guzzi experience. I just spent four days on mine trying to figure out the cause of a miss, only to have it mysteriously cure itself, or so it seems. I'm not opposed to an independent guy if he knows what he's doing. I've been the distance with Moto Guzzi dealerships! Thanks!