Pannier Liner Bags Suggestion for 2019 R1250 GSA OEM Panniers ?

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Motorman, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Motorman

Motorman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello Inmates,

A R1250 GSA HP coming my way soon so I wanted to buy some pannier bag liners. Any suggestions for brand and features would greatly be appreciated. Would like to invest in a pair that will last and good quality is worth the investment.

Thanks in advance for your help.
  2. tentative_rider

tentative_rider Wanna Be On Gravel

Oddometer:
    The BMW ones are great. I have had them for my old 2008, and got them for my 2016, switched those to my 2019 1250.

They are very tough waterproof roll top design and are even designed to be mounted on top of the respective cases (side and top case) using the aluminum loops on the lids and come with the necessary straps to mount this way plus each one comes with a detachable shoulder strap.

This could be very handy on a long trip if you end up buying crap along the way, you can double your storage capacity almost instantly.

Of course they are sized perfectly to fit each case, and of course say "GS"!

TR
  3. Fastman

Fastman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Another vote for the BMW OEM liners. I bought them for my ‘16 GSA and kept them for my ‘19 GSA (also an HP).
  4. LowOnFuel

LowOnFuel In the crapper

Oddometer:
  5. STLR

STLR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  6. marco polo

marco polo Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have Touratech liners for the BMW aluminum cases on my 2015 GSA. I chose them because they have two zippers on each bag: on on the top, and another along the side. That means I can throw a bag on its side on a motel bed, and easily get at the contents by opening the side zipper (the entire side of the bag unfolds). When on the bike, I obviously use the zipper on the top flap, if I need something near the top, like my air pump. These bags are not waterproof. I looked at the BMW liners, but I found them too bulky for my liking, though as people have pointed out, they are waterproof.
  7. chris73

chris73 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  8. wonderings

wonderings Long timer

Oddometer:
    Cee Baileys used to make liners for the GSA panniers and the GS expandable ones. I have both sets, they were fantastic quality and incredibly cheap compared to everything else. A real shame they no longer seem to make them, or I cannot find them on their website.
  9. Jager

Jager Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The BMW OEM liners are brilliant for any kind of serious adventure. If I were embarking on a very long or very difficult journey, they'd get the nod, hands down. Expedition grade stuff.

Their downside is the very tall, roll-top design that makes them so great at protecting their contents when things go sideways. They're not exactly quick or convenient to operate from. Mine spend most their time on the shelf in my shed.

For the shorter and more civilized trips that most of us do, most of the time, it's hard to beat the Kathy's liners linked by LowOnFuel above.
  10. judgedelta

judgedelta Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anyone tried Kathy's liners with Brook's panniers? Thanks, JD
  11. SpEd

SpEd Purposeless life has its advantages.

Oddometer:
    I purchased a set of liners for my bags from Amazon. They were Tourmaster brand. Revzilla sells them as well. Side bags were under $90 and the top bag was $65 to the best of my knowledge. I didn't purchase the top box bag as I store my helmet there when stopped. I haven't used them but they are good quality from my initial inspections.
  12. judgedelta

judgedelta Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I went out and measured my Brooks boxes and the Kathy's liners will fit fine. Apparently the same size as BMW OEM.
  13. PerazziMx14

PerazziMx14 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I bought Kathy's bags for my Vario panniers and am quite happy. American owned small business with great customer service and a top quality product. I also found the bags made for Varios work equally well in my top load Tusk panniers.
  14. bgillie

bgillie Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    +1 on this. I have the same. The fit well and are great quality.