Pannier racks experiences

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by floalex, Dec 2, 2019.

1. jmarleau

jmarleau Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I like it. You even have room on the inside of the left rack for a tool tube.
  2. tomstrommer

tomstrommer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Did mount up a tube, also the the Perun rack will accommodate a small rotopax containers if need be, though the 790's fuel range is great!
  3. mdski

mdski Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Also waiting. I contacted RMATV and was told it would be a balanced system. Shouldn't be long...
    No-Fret likes this.
  4. No-Fret

No-Fret Tanker

Oddometer:
    Thank you!
  5. Taki

Taki Waiting for Godot

Oddometer:
    Anyone experience the Enduristan Blizzard saddlebags on the 790 or otherwise?

Good products? Vs Mosko?
  6. [Art]

[Art] Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yup. I use them. Works fine. Better to remove the side panels to make them flat on the bike though.

On the photo: Enduristan Blizzard&tornado, plus a helmet in a plastic bag. IMG_5913.JPG
    DRglidarn and Taki like this.
  7. floalex

floalex Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Finally I can contribute my own measures and pictures.
    I installed the Givi racks I ordered and I can confirm they measure 55cm in width.
    Adjustments.jpg IMG_2232.jpg Adjustments.jpg

If you want other angles let me know.

I’ll plan to mount Giant Loop RTW bags.
  8. El Fidde

El Fidde Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wolfman E-base w/2 x L rollie bags and 1 x small duffel bag... narrower than the width of the handlebars.

Attached Files:

9. PomInOz_

PomInOz_ Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have the Blizzard large. I went with the blizzard large as the photos of the xl looked huge and going a size down with the large would force me to pack lighter. Since then I’ve seen better photos of the xl and they look a good size for the 790 and while the large force me to think about packing the xl would of been useful and not that much bigger. The large are quite compact on the 790.

Fitting wise, in my opinion if you keep the pillion handles installed the fit is terrible, the top of the bags seem to be at the same height as the handles so awkward to fit as the handles get in the way and also make opening the bags awkward.

I ended up taking the pillion handles off, fitting a lowered prerun rack and removing the side plastics. After the fiddling adjusting the seat strap (watch the enduristan-fr YouTube video how to do this) they fit really well, nice and close to the frame. My only complaint is the seat strap adjustment, every review mentions it, no instructions provided, a huge pain until finding a video from their French distributor then it was trivial.

For a weekend away I find the blizzards are good if you pack light. I just did a trip with the blizzards, the enduristan tail pack and 4h tank bag. I always carry the tail pack which stores a toolkit, puncture kit, compressor and goggles. I also have their medium duffel if I need to pack more.

Having seen the Mosko moto reckless 80 after getting the enduristan kit I still think about buying the reckless 80 for longer trips. The enduristan bags are simple, minimalistic and well built, the Mosko moto stuff over engineered in a good way and have lots of useful features for long trips. The ability to remove the side bags quickly and take in to your room, the beaver tail, also the crash protection should be far better with the holster outer and then inner bag.
  10. DMCK

DMCK n00b

Oddometer:
    Anyone have the Mosko Reckless 80? I haven’t picked up my bike from the dealer yet...... do the fit good? Were awesome on my XR650. Thanks
  11. Smashy

Smashy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes, I can't remember who, but someone posted a pic of the Reckless 80 on this bike and it fits well.
  12. MeVoGTC

MeVoGTC Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am interested in seeing a photo of the Tusk rack on the 790, does anyone have a photo of that?
    No-Fret likes this.
  13. marchyman

marchyman barely informed Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes, they fit. You've three choices as to how they fit:

1) Remove the grab handles then mount the R80.
    2) Mount the R80 such that it slides under the grab handles.
    3) Mount the R80 over the grab handles.

I've seen it done all three ways. I use #3. You can find some Youtube videos of people setting it up other ways.

[​IMG]
    DRglidarn, BobcatSig and Venturer like this.
  14. mdski

mdski Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well, looks like the tusk racks are not symmetrical. Someone posted in another thread
    No-Fret likes this.
  15. svneko

svneko Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Why would you want symmetrical? Don't need the extra space alloted to the exhaust on the other side.
    comradecasey likes this.
  16. BobcatSig

BobcatSig They call me... Huckajawea

Oddometer:
    Mosko Moto Reckless 80 FTW.

At the risk of muddying the thread; soft luggage seems like the only way to fly when it comes to ADV bikes getting properly off-road and dirty.
  17. DRglidarn

DRglidarn Panzer pilot

Oddometer:
    I was at the Moto Show in Gothenburg this weekend. This is a video where i captured the difference between ORM racks/panniers and the Touratech ones that has a cut out for the exhaust. As a bonus You can see the difference on Touratech and OEM headlight protection as well.
    floalex likes this.
  18. factoryphil

factoryphil Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    thats where you mount the tool box
    vrenlos likes this.
  19. factoryphil

factoryphil Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    that tour tech tank bag is so big ! how do you turn the bars ?
    DRglidarn likes this.
  20. No-Fret

No-Fret Tanker

Oddometer: