Pants for errands/quick trips?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by zimm, Jan 14, 2020.

1. zimm

zimm KTM Duke 790

Oddometer:
    I have a roadcrafter, but for short trips to the store or a quick ride around town, I want something quick to put on and that can work if I stop for lunch and not look like a power ranger.

I've had Kevlar jeans and khakis in the past and the fit was pretty terrible. Well now it's a decade later, I have a new bike (yay), and wondering if there's anything new on the market that looks low key, is comfortable, and doesn't look I'm in a 90's Limp Bizkit video (maybe a more tapered fit to appease the newer generation out there style wise.
  2. C/1/509

C/1/509 Now with more sarcasm

Oddometer:
    Look at Motoport.
  3. C/1/509

C/1/509 Now with more sarcasm

Oddometer:
    Or BMW Summer Pants.
    JR356 likes this.
  4. Tor

Tor Imported Viking

Oddometer:
    I thought the Roadcrafter was one of the most convenient and quickest outfits around :dunno
    Adanac rider likes this.
  5. bicyclenut

bicyclenut Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  6. dpike

dpike BeeKeeper Supporter

Oddometer:
    Rev'it Philly 2 jeans fit me great like regular jeans and aren't oversized or ridiculous looking. they vent pretty well (more so than the Sand 3 pants), there's a bit of stretch in the material and don't look like dad jeans. skinny jeans seem to have invaded the market lately so keep an eye out to avoid those. Klim 52 jeans were close for me but sized just a little off.
  7. zimm

zimm KTM Duke 790

Oddometer:
    Not for Miami it's not. Mine has been gathering dust since I moved here. I have a joe rocket mesh jacket, I just need some breathable pants that looks "normal". I'll check out the philly and klim 52 as well at the 5.11.
  8. zimm

zimm KTM Duke 790

Oddometer:
    I pulled the trigger on the Rev'It Lombard jeans. They're like the philly 2 recommended above but slightly tapered instead of straight leg. I'll see how they fit and report back.
  9. safeTnerd

safeTnerd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hood Jeans. Full Kevlar, D30, etc. They are slimmer cut, you won't look like you are wearing jeans made at a tent and awning shop.
  10. Shaolin

Shaolin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I wear stretch jeans and knee guards. I like the Fox Racing Titan knee guards but I lost them. Replaced them with Bilt knee guards which are decent but not nearly as good as the Fox Titans (bulkier, no venting, straps rely on velcro, sometimes has pressure points).

While not exactly the best protection, I can argue that it will stay in place. What use is Level 2 D3O if it doesn't stay in place to protect knees?
  11. mervingry

mervingry Adventurer

Oddometer:
    CaseyB likes this.
  12. White mt guy

White mt guy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Klim Outlander, I find the best and most comfortable for short trips to the store, dinner, or even work. I like that the armor can be pulled out from the front.