Parkfield Cafe 4 March

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Andrew, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Dick

Dick Its a big old goofy world

Oddometer:

Damn - it is cold outside. No measurement from here but I am putting on extra gear

That is me on the left :augie

[​IMG]

PS - i don't think :gerg likes Parkfield. Hope you are feeling better buddy :thumb
  2. AceRph

AceRph Affluenza Free!

Oddometer:
    Where the stupidest people on earth run things
    Sorry you can't make it Gerg. Hope you're feeling better.
  3. dyvking

dyvking ahead of his flamin star

Oddometer:
    I'll look forward to meeting up! See you around 9:30
  4. Gerg

Gerg The Destroyer

Oddometer:
    Welp, I made it anyway :evil
    About 18 riders. Pics as soon as I upload them (not many).

Gerg
  5. pierce

pierce Ex Tourer

Oddometer:
    yeah, was nice seein ya, Gerg, and the rest of ya FF's again. I just got home about 30 mins ago, had a very nice uneventful ride home backtracking the same route I took there ('route 1 (traditional)' what I posted last night)
  6. dyvking

Oddometer:
    Home..
    Great weather, great ride, great people. Couldn't have been better.
    Here's a few pix:
    The 'southern crew':
    The Mayor, Shap, Marbleless, Outtamyway met me at Hwy 101/166 North of Santa Maria. Miles (Outtamyway) couldn't make the ride, but did hook up for a few minutes to meet us!

[​IMG]

Then, off to SLO-town at Rudolphs where we met up with Blair, AceRph and Matt (slofireman). Matt went home momentarily to pick up Cheyenne and they met up again with us out at Parkfield.

[​IMG]

From SLO to Creston. We thought Gerg would meet us at the intersection of 58, but no Gerg! At Creston, Ace get's the tunes set.

[​IMG]

Creston..Blair smilin'..

[​IMG]

Rolling into Shandon. After blasting up 41 Shap airs out his, um, riding pants.

[​IMG]

Brief stop just off 41 and onto Cholame Valley Road. Cabesa gives the 'all clear' and we're off again:

[​IMG]

more:
  7. dyvking

Oddometer:
    Still on Cholame Valley Road. I couldn't quite figger this one out. Marbleless takes all that trouble to haul the surf-stick. Surf was definitely up here.. but did he get off and get wet? NO. Go figure.:loco

[​IMG]

Finally into Parkfield.. checking out the lineup: I think we counted 18 bikes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gerg made it!:clap
    [​IMG]

That's Russ's (Lizrdbrth)KLR in the photo. He rode all the way over from Hersperia!
    [​IMG]

Some like it hot: "So.. what do put on your fries..ketchup? Pussy."
    [​IMG]

Cheyenne :babe expressing her, uh, admiration for the Mayor's table manners!
    [​IMG]

Getting ready to 'pull out'. Let's see.. how does that checklist go? "Vallet, Vatch, Spectacles, Testacles..."
    [​IMG]

All for now. This was a good one, boys and girls! Thanks to everyone for all the fun. We are a little concerned that Andrew didn't seem to make it? Wha' happen?
  8. ooweel

ooweel Throwing wrenches one at a time

Oddometer:
    Looking at that pic? Richard Cabessa in full form? ? is was Shap able to lift it up?
  9. Gummee!

Gummee! That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer:
    That's the same table I sat at yesterday! :baldy

M
  10. pierce

pierce Ex Tourer

Oddometer:
    I bailed from my scruzian abode about 8:30am, pretty much rode straight through nonstop til I got to San Miguel where I gassed and ran into Rad who had apparently been like 5 mins ahead of me the whole way down because he left about the same time :rofl

Rad and I rolled into Parkfield about 11:30, a bit early, and yup, were the only ones there... then people start trickling in... GERG shows up, coolness.

more folks rolling in...
    [​IMG]

WTF, Over??
    [​IMG]
    I dunna wanna know!

we were greeted by the town doogie while we hung around outside...
    [​IMG]

and then we proceeded to take over the place...
    [​IMG]

mmm, foooood! :tb :dg
    [​IMG]

and, typical, I passed 150 miles of picture-perfect postcard spring california scenery, with big puffy white clouds, and bits of snow on the higher elevations, and NEVER STOPPED TO TAKE A ROAD PICTURE. :rofl
  11. AceRph

AceRph Affluenza Free!

Oddometer:
    Where the stupidest people on earth run things
    Paging Andrew to the white courtesy phone
  12. dyvking

Oddometer:
    Ya should'a just turned around and come back again today. It was just frikkin beautiful out there.
  13. ooweel

ooweel Throwing wrenches one at a time

Oddometer:
    I thought that finger was his riding finger? Low and behold its his buddy finger!
  14. Bob

Bob Formerly H20Pumper

Oddometer:
    Acerph and SLOfireman, could you call me at 831-594-2453.

To answer your question Roger, Andrew had a get off on Indian Valley this morning on the way to Parkfield. He went to the hospital in Templeton. He dislocated his shoulder and it sounds like he has a couple of slight fractures to his radius and shoulder. His wife picked him up and he is on his way home. His bike is at some folks house on Indian Valley Rd. I am going to try and help Andrew get his bike home and am hoping SLO FF can help arrange a ride with his neighbor to get the bike to Salinas and then home.

Glad you guys had a great lunch, great pics! Did Dick ride over CC to Parkfield grade?? CC is officialy closed and we must have seen 10-15 trucks of pissed off dirt bikers on 25, that didn't see the small sign on 25 at Coalinga RD. saying that there was a wet weather closure of the area.

Ring me up till 10:00 tonight or anytime tomorrow
  15. Lizrdbrth

Lizrdbrth Wackjob

Oddometer:
    Yo,

Great meeting you all today. I'm in Morro Bay, thawing out.

I'm proud of my KLR for not succumbing to peer pressure. She told me what your bikes were trying to get her to do.

Bad parenting.
  16. dyvking

Oddometer:
    aaarrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhh....:eek1
    That just plain sucks. Sorry to hear this. Andrew PLANNED the whole thing, for krisssake.
  17. dyvking

Oddometer:
    Thanks for hooking up with us Russ.. it was a pleasure to meet you. Did you make the movie?
  18. pierce

pierce Ex Tourer

Oddometer:
    whoa. Went that way both coming and going today. he must have been behind us this morning, and all evidence of it was cleaned up when I went home that way.

I saw several riders this morning in Hollister, 1 gassing at the chevron and a couple more parked in the lot across the street what sure *looked* like advriders (faded well used gear, dirty bikes, etc) who waved (I waved back and didn't stop). I don't think I saw them at lunch unless that was jeanluc and company.
  19. Rad

Rad Done riding

Oddometer:
    Damn, Andrew busted up.

We all had something like that in the backs of our minds while eating lunch. We knew you guys were come'n and ya never showed, it made most of us worry. I'm really glad it was not worse...I know, easy for me to say, i'm not the guy busted up.:cry

I have not read any other posts/threads; did someone explain what happened?
  20. dyvking

Oddometer:
    Per H20Pumper: