Parkfield Cafe 4 March

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Andrew, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Rad

Rad Done riding

Oddometer:
    Sorry: I was not clear; I read this thread but there was no info on how or why.
  2. Bob

Bob Formerly H20Pumper

Oddometer:
    Well I'll let Andrew tell you exactly what happened, after he gets home!

Pierce, that was us that you gave the one finger salute to as you 2nd or 3rd gear wheelied thru the signal light, and we never saw you again! I figured we would see the 10:00 "A" group go by while we were on Indian Valley, all we saw were a couple of Harleys that stopped asked if they could help and then continued on.

Other than the obvious it was a great day. Fozdick and I had lunch at the Burger Station in Templeton, no ADV crowd, but warm weather and good food. I told Andrew that we will have to plan another lunch soon, I didn't see many wildflowers, and the dirt was kinda wet, so we have time for him to heal up and have another go at Parkfield!
  3. pierce

pierce Ex Tourer

Oddometer:
    well, if you're talking to andrew, give him our best yada yada FYYFF.

wildflowers this year, I figger late april into june. WARP2 in fact.

this was april last year, en route to warp 1 aka the warped trip
    [​IMG]

and this was in may up near hetch hetchy and yosemite
    [​IMG]
  4. Fozdick

Fozdick Still Thinking

Oddometer:
    As H2O said Andrew went down on Indian Valley. We had met up in Hollister and had a nice trip down - nothing crazy. We regrouped at 25 and Coalinga Rd where I did a big power slide in the grave back onto the road. Later on H2O stopped to take some pictures of some funny looking cows. Andrew and I stopped to wait. When H2O show up we talked for a few then set up to leave. I watched as Andrew gassed in the grass got it side ways and when the rear tire hit the asphalt the bike through him off in a violent 5mph high side. Couldn’t believe what I had just seen and now Andrew is flat on his back not moving. We get him up and he is telling us his shoulder is dislocated [had happened before] Andrew was able to get his shoulder back in place but when H2 was helping to put his jacket back on it went out again so Andrew starts working on putting it back in. I am just freaking out watching this.

So we were going to park his bike and take him into town via H2O back seat but now his arm is starting to really bother him when he thinks we should flag down a car. [Good call] Less than a min later a woman stops and offers to take him to the hospital. At the hospital she calls her husband [Dave] to tell him to expect H2O and me. So H2O and I go back to Dave’s place. Dave and his wife live on about 75 acres and could not be nicer. We drop my bike off and go back and get Andrews and it is now stored at Dave’s place. Andrew your bike is good company and safe. Dave must have a dozen bikes.

Talked to Andrew before I left Dave’s. Has a fracture in his shoulder and elbow and will be out of commission for a while but is in good sprites.

The good news is there are some really good people out there. Andrew and I talked about doing Parkfield take two when he is better and maybe we should stop by and say thank you to Dave when we do it.

Foz
  5. Dick

Dick Its a big old goofy world

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear about the getoff Andrew - get well you jerk :thumb
  6. MaddBrit

MaddBrit Now officially a Yank.

Oddometer:
    It was Bush's fault.

:hide

Get fixed soon Andrew - really sorry to hear that.
  7. Blair

Blair .

Oddometer:
    What a great day. Sorry to hear about the low speed get off though. It was fantastic to meet everybody and put some faces to the names. Next time somebody should bring name tags.
    Till next time, FYYFF
    Blair
  8. Mike Butt

Mike Butt Agent Provocateur

Oddometer:
    Damn it Andrew, I was looking forward to meeting you. Get well quick you bastard.
  9. Just_Sean

Just_Sean herewegoagain

Oddometer:
    Shite!!! Get well soon , Andrew

I gotta pay more attention to the regional forums - I coulda used this ride today... :baldy
  10. cRAsH

cRAsH Banned

Oddometer:
    oops. :twitch

Get well soon, Andrew. :wave
  11. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    That sucks. Hope the pain's not too bad, Andrew. Get well. :wave
  12. Jinx

Jinx Call me Renzo

Oddometer:
    Rearranging the deck-chairs on the iceberg
    Damn, Andrew, that well and truly sucks, mate. Heal fast :thumb
  13. ian408

ian408 Administrator Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Hope all's well with you very soon Andrew.

ian
  14. Arch

Arch Incurable Gearhead

Oddometer:
    Glad ya weren't tweaked worse, Andrew. Hope the scoot's mostly OK and here's to a quick recovery.

:beer
  15. Andrew

Andrew Optimus Primer Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    But for now I'm :kurt

just got in from ER No. 2, will report when I can type beter. Let me just say that BT020's and wet grass don't mix so well... and a 5 mph highside has no bragging rights.
  16. Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc Throttle committed

Oddometer:
    Andrew, at least we enjoyed the meeting/ride you had put together :freaky

So sorry for your crash, so close to the arrival... That's why I'm reluctant to stop :evil: younever know what's going to happen when you're back on the pavement.

Anyway, heal fast and let me know if I can do anything for you this Sunday.

Besides that it was really a blast to meet or catch up with everyone, a great group of people showed up and even the sun joined the party. Popey and me tried to take Nacimiento rd on the way back but I didn't have my registration so I they refused us at Fort Leggett :puke1. We took Carmel Valley road instead and were home at 7:30pm after more than 450 miles today...
  17. Gerg

Gerg The Destroyer

Oddometer:
    Damit Andrew! You're not supposed to be biffing on the way to your planned lunch :nono
    Heal well and heal fast.

Gerg
  18. AceRph

AceRph Affluenza Free!

Oddometer:
    Where the stupidest people on earth run things
    Good Morning Andrew!

Oh man, what a drag!

Check your PMs.
  19. ian408

ian408 Administrator Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer: