Parkfield Cafe 4 March

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Andrew, Feb 21, 2006.

1. dyvking

dyvking ahead of his flamin star

Oddometer:
    Mornin' guys. No pix yet?
    Sure was fun blasting around the country side. Sometimes it's hard to remember that this is actually California, home to 37 million people.

I MOVE WE MAKE THIS AN ANNUAL EVENT...first weekend in March.

Still a big-time bummer about Andrew. Could'a been any one of us.

Say hi to the orphans you adopted last night!
  2. Gerg

Gerg The Destroyer

Oddometer:
    Anything I'd post is pale in comparison. Besides, they are just dupes of what's been posted. I have no "ride" pictures :scratch

I'd suspect the Adoptees are probably hung over. Sounded like a full blown party when I talk to Rog on the phone :thumb

Almost Tboned a Mercedes on the way out yesterday. Guy was all over the road not paying attention, I thought he pulled to the right to let me by but it was a typical California move... right before left... I came within inches of his door and he STILL didn't see me while he made his left turn. It was a Y and not a true left so I think that's what saved me (looks like Turkey Flat Road on Streets and Trips). Sure got the heart pumping.

Gerg
  3. Popey

Popey Nutter

Oddometer:
    And I passed a truck that was coming towards me on the left, while the driver was fucking with his cell phone and driving on the wrong side of the road...
    :eek1 :eek1 That was a first and hopefully a last for me. Well, except when biking in the UK. :deal :D

Great day otherwise. Get better Andrew, and thanks for organizing. :thumb
  4. kbasa

kbasa Super Bon Bon Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Damn, dude.

Hope your sweetie didn't get too wound up at you.
  5. AceRph

AceRph Affluenza Free!

Oddometer:
    Where the stupidest people on earth run things
    Arrangements made. Off to get Andrew's bike & move it to H2OPumper's pad.

News at 11.
  6. Jinx

Jinx Call me Renzo

Oddometer:
    Rearranging the deck-chairs on the iceberg
    One of the better uses of recuperation time is to come up with a much better story :evil

I have had a few where I was laid up long enough that the once embarrasing episode became positively heroic by the time I was fit :D
  7. Andrew

Andrew Optimus Primer Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Rog. :thumb

If anyone out there is willing to help with a short move of the bike (which is rideable) from Salinas to San Jose or other place north, I would really appreciate it, to help it find its way home to Berkeley. I'm out of commissh for riding for a couple weeks, so it's not a huge hurry... send a PM and I can make arrangements. Once I can drive, I could coax Ricardo or my neighbor the ER doc (who was on call at Kaiser last night!) to come down in the car and drive it the final leg.

I'll work up some pithy prose for Faceplant and post what happened over there. Lessons to be larned are short & stimple .

Glad everybody enjoye3d lunch there in Parkfield (excpet for Bob and Dave, who helped me out, sorry guys, we'll aim for a TT Take Two ride over Parkfield when I recupe, lunch on me).
  8. Andrew

Oddometer:
    Good catch, maybe I slipped on a patch of Hubris... wouldn't be the first time. it was a stupid thing, now it's done and with that notch in my belt I can look forward to the next lesson.

:wave Hey, if I can learn to work this wanker with the left hand, all will be well, eh?...
  9. pierce

pierce Ex Tourer

Oddometer:
    If next saturday is OK, I could give someone from my general area a car ride to Salinas, follow them up to Berkeley, then give them a ride back home, I suppose. They will have to put up with my bizarro music tastes (eclectic rock and folk) :deal
  10. MaddBrit

MaddBrit Now officially a Yank.

Oddometer:
    Andrew,

More than happy to drive someone down who is local from the Bay Area for them to ride it back to your place at Berkeley - and then I could drive them back to their home. Alternatively I could ride the thing back to Berkeley for yaz if someone could drive me down (my wife could pick me up from yours). I live 25 miles south of Frisco on Highway 1. I am flexible this week PM's or anytime next week-end.

pierce - I am 60 miles north of you as you know so not ideal - but maybe we can work something if we need to as a fall back OK.

:ear

I hope your not too sore today....
  11. Just_Sean

Just_Sean herewegoagain

Oddometer:
    I'm free next weekend check your PM
  12. MaddBrit

Oddometer:
    Sounds good Sean - just PM'd backacha...

:ear
  13. Dick

Dick Its a big old goofy world

Oddometer:
    I just got home, do you guys/gals have it covered? I am out next Saturday but could go get it on Sunday.
  14. Honey

Honey That's Mrs AceRph to you!

Oddometer:
    Andrew's bike has successfully made the first leg of its journey home. Ace and AceSon1 left it at H20pumper's in Salinas a little after 3:00.

:wave Nice to see you made it home okay too, Dick.
    Did you get wet?
  15. Dick

Dick Its a big old goofy world

Oddometer:
    A few spinkles just before I got home. I had the freeway-less ride home.

Thanks to Ace and Honey for the hospitality. :D
  16. AceRph

AceRph Affluenza Free!

Oddometer:
    Where the stupidest people on earth run things
    The package has been successfully delivered.

I think I've got the part to fix your bag mount, Andew. I'll dig it out this week & see if it's the correct thing.
  17. Lizrdbrth

Lizrdbrth Wackjob

Oddometer:
    Dyv,

I made it to the movie.

Do NOT miss "World's Fastest Indian", guys. Anthony Perkins delivers his usual, flawless performance. If this flick goes mainstream I look for a doubling of attendence at LSR meets.

The afternoon showing was sold out at the Palm Theatre in SLO. Arrive early if you want to get a seat.

Again, thanks for the invite and the hospitality.

Andrew, I'd have preferred to eat my lunch standing up rather than occupy your seat at the table, given the circumstances.

Hope you're back in the saddle soon.
  18. MaddBrit

Oddometer:
    Hey Andrew,

Sean and I are on for early next Saturday if your OK with that. Sean has offerred to ride your GS back to your abode in Berkeley with me in pursuit in my car.

I figured its too far for him to ride to Baja and sell it across the border, so you should be OK... :huh

:lol3

Actually Sean is a police office and an experienced rider so your pride and joy will be in good hands. If your OK then appreciate it if you could PM me the info re the key. If you have it at home then Sean can pick it up from you one day next week.

:norton
  19. Andrew

Oddometer:
    Rog, thanks so much for driving out to help with this, I'm sure you could turned a nice profit by just hawking it there in Paso to the bikers at the Tattoo festival...

Do the folks on Indian Valley really have a small museum of old vehicles there?

To everyone else, Bob in Salinas (H2Opumper) is offering to trailer the GS here on Wednesday, he has a day off work and it looks like another break in the rain. Unless my Ortho appointment is that day, this is what will happen. Thanks for all the offers, Bob figures he'll enjoy the drive and it leaves everyone else free to ride on the weekend (which looks like more rain...)

Seems that things worked out so well at Parkfield, it could be something more regular than just once a year... but probably stay somewhat irregular to keep it interesting.
  20. ian408

ian408 Administrator Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    let us know if you need anything else.