Passo de Fedaia

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by bout2ride, Jul 2, 2019.

1. bout2ride

bout2ride Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    This morning I left early and intended on seeing Lake Carezza as rain was threatening beginning at noon. supposed to be a one hour ride more or less over the Fedaia Pass. That went well and stopped at the dam for photos see below, yes the water is green). When I got into the town of Canazei, well, it was a zoo! Tour buses every 10 cars, hundreds of people on the sidewalks and traffic at a near standstill, when the pedestrian in in the crosswalk, traffic stops. The there was the road construction crews and sometimes down to one lane, incredible. it was so bad I didn't think I would make it to the lake and back to my B&B in Sottoguda before the rain, and lots of it predicted. so, the photos of Lake Fedaia were taken from the concrete dam (cobblestone surface and almost 2 lane);
    fullsizeoutput_b1.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_b1.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_b2.jpeg

If you can zoom in on the one below, there is a ski lift between the 2 peaks. fullsizeoutput_b4.jpeg
    NSFW, Amphib, Oldschoolrocker and 3 others like this.
  2. bout2ride

Oddometer:
    oops, sorry, somehow doubled up on the 1st one.....
  3. Oldschoolrocker

Oldschoolrocker a.k.a. EZE Supporter

Oddometer:
    Man you should just put all your pics in one spot and name your ride. Those are all incredible that you posted then we could see them all together and be jealous of what you rode! Keep them coming please if you have more. Cheers!
  4. bout2ride

Oddometer:
    I considered doing so however on some of the other threads where they have posted a dozen or so, depending on where you are it might take a minute or so to download the pictures to get to the bottom of the page. but then I am in a very remote place right now. as I ride the "selva di val gardena" today I will try to think of a name to do in one thread, maybe "meandering & lost half the time". :photog
    Oldschoolrocker likes this.
  5. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    have fun and don't forget about us who are riding along in front of the computer....:D
  6. bout2ride

Oddometer:
    thank you for the suggestion, I have done so under "Epic Rides".....Meandering in the Alps.....I am traveling tomorrow morning (temp 10 C) and going to Mittenwald Germany (an old "haunt").....