Passport only to get into canada?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by rockydrxrvr, Jun 10, 2006.

1. rockydrxrvr

rockydrxrvr Multi Meter Meathead

Oddometer:
    Oregon Mountains, Great Riding,Not too cold.
    I didn't have enough time to get a passport on my ride thru the Canadian North. Am I going to get across the border with just my birth certificate and Oregon driver license? :confused :confused
  2. Wheeldog

Wheeldog Long timer

Oddometer:
    I ain't a lawyer.......don't play one on TV either.:huh:1drinkBUT in the past if you had an origional copy (not a photo copy) of your birth certificate you can get across. :dunno

Problem is........there ain't no rules. Custom agents make em up as they go along. You are at their mercy.
  3. TRACTOR RIDER

TRACTOR RIDER No Rules Gruver

Oddometer:
    I spent the nite in a Holiday Express:lol3 and I'm thinking Wheel Dog is right all you need until Jan,2007. is your BC and DL.:D

TR:huh
  4. rockydrxrvr

rockydrxrvr Multi Meter Meathead

Oddometer:
    Oregon Mountains, Great Riding,Not too cold.
    I see by using the search this subject has been extensively discussed, Sorry I didn't research this before I started this post. After Dec. 31, 2006, One must have a passport.------Nough Said!
  5. Viking

Viking Ækt trønder!!

Oddometer:
    Because of all the terrorist we have in Canada you will need one when you get back into the States......nough said.
  6. Mw650

Mw650 Bob

Oddometer:
    So if I never want to come back to the US I just shred my passport?:D :clap Man if it was that easy to be a resident of Canada.
  7. summerinmaine

summerinmaine Hells Atheists MC Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just came back from Baja last weekend and my passenger had just a CDL, no BC or PP. Despite the fact that she's Latina, we had no real problems. The rules are still fluid, apparently.
  8. Wheeldog

Wheeldog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hmmmmmmmmmm.........Taxes???:huh I thought only suckers payed taxes in Canada.:eek1 Maybe he was thinking welfare??:D Haven't you seen the ad?:deal

[​IMG]
  9. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:
    No worries, a passport is not needed, drivers licence and birth certificate are good.
    Be aware that January 1st, 2007, whether you are American, Canadian, Iraqi, any nationality, you will need a passport to get into the USA. As an American you will not be allowed back into your country if you have no passport. After this date, entry into Canada will still need just a birth certificate and drivers licence. So one who may be of American citisenship, going to any country which does not need a passport, may get into a whole heap of trouble.
    Ciao, Steve G.