Patagonia - Can't Wait to Go Back

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Quitou, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Quitou

Quitou Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This wasn't a recent trip, but I can't get it out of my head. I was lucky enough to ride with Daniel at www.motopatagonia.com and cannot say enough about the experience.

I see so many riders go to great lengths to travel to a destination, then ride through it, without properly discovering it for what it is. Daniel creates a proper travel experience. If all you want is to go for a motorcycle ride, you can do that anywhere. This trip was a full-blown immersion into the culture and treasures of Patagonia. The riding was amazing but it was the time off the bike, in rafts, on ferries, and flying in a small plane, that sealed the deal making it one of the best trips I've done...as a professional traveler.

I could go on, but just check out these images from the trip. Wow. I can't wait to go back.

With the season on us to ride in the real south...go do it.

Noel_CerroTorre_Daniel_Paula.jpg

DSCF5635.jpg Noel_MotoPatag_35.jpg
    bomose and knight like this.
  2. Quitou

Quitou Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  3. Adrian45

Adrian45 n00b

Oddometer:
    You can tell us your itinerary on Patagonia ?
  4. Quitou

Quitou Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You're much better off chatting with Daniel Palazzolo at www.motopatagonia.com He has that part of the world wired, and in all directions. For our trip we started in Puerto Varas, went down to Villa O'Higgins, the southernmost part, then back again. You can read about that trip on Upshift Online under the title: Far Point South.

As an experienced traveler (I live in Nepal much of the year), I would be a bit intimidated to travel our Chilean route on my own without help. The ferry schedule alone is a monster with several necessary to make the trip. Plus, it's tricky finding the best spots to stay. All stuff Daniel knows better than anyone.

I will say...it's one of the most amazing places to ride on the planet. And it is BIG. Plan more days than you think necessary. Many more.