Pay it forward - Parts for Bike Builders

Discussion in 'Some Assembly Required' started by sanjoh, Mar 6, 2014.

1. sanjoh

sanjoh Purveyor of Light Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    What's a touring seat? I have some R100GS stuff, shock, skid plate other misc. Are you looking for anything in particular?
  2. RickyBilly

RickyBilly Mentally Retired

Oddometer:
    I could be interested in a shock, the vstrom seat has about an inch of extra padding. From Suzuki. Never used.
  3. sanjoh

sanjoh Purveyor of Light Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'll pass on the seat, thanks.
  4. lostinthemarket

lostinthemarket lurker

Oddometer:
    96-98 RM 125 and RM 250 Front Hub and disc. This will fit DRZ400 forks but does not have a speedo drive. Pay for shipping. Thanks
    [​IMG]
  5. moparren

moparren Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Some stuff cluttering up my shop needs a good home! All items are cost of shipping. I am willing to deliver to southern Az
    Bates fairing. Came off a 76 cb750. Needs some restoration but is serviceable.
    Wheels. Rear off of a early vf700 interceptor. Don't know what the front wheel is from.
    Pit bike frame. IMG_20160625_0748515_rewind.jpg IMG_20160617_1636289_rewind.jpg IMG_20160617_1631524_rewind.jpg
  6. plugeye

plugeye MC rescue

Oddometer:
    dibs!
  7. Prototype4342

Prototype4342 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey guys. I have a frame from a KLX300R that I'm taking apart. The back bit snapped off and I'm pulling parts off for my KDX. I figure if anyone could use this frame it's you guys here in SAR. I'll even ship the broken part to you if you want haha. I have a salvage street legal Colorado title to go with it. If you're interested send me a PM. Shipping will be interesting but I'm sure I can figure something out. Also all the parts in the second pic are available, all from a 98 KLX300R.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. lemming

lemming Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I could use the forks toward a long term conversion project, but don't need them urgently now, so if someone else does, feel free to send them to them. Otherwise, let me know shipping cost to 05753.
  9. lemming

lemming Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I could also use that swing arm and rear shock, for the same project.... PM inbound.
  10. Kiba

Kiba Dances With Huskies

Oddometer:
    Hi all. I have a Ninja 250 airbox/battery box from an '05 sitting here with nothing to attach to. Clean, no cracks, no dents, all parts are there including rubber intakes, that T-shaped top piece that gets lost all the time, bolts, screen, etc. Should work with most model years from '94 to '07.

Pay for cost of shipping (probably around $20, these bastards are huge) and it's yours. Just send a PM anytime, I may not be watching the thread every day.

And a decidedly non-ADV request... I could use a set of floorboards. Doesn't really matter what they're from or if they're driver or passenger as I can fab up a mount but HD, Sportster, or Honda VTX would be great.
  11. richamor

richamor like that when I got here

Oddometer:
    I have one older style HD passenger board with mount. Yours for the asking. Even comes with krome:-)
  12. Renegade_Azzy

Renegade_Azzy Kamen Rider

Oddometer:
    Ive got a late 90's ninja 500 rear monoshock, ran it on my GS500E for a while, but it made that bike a bit too high. I dont have the pre-load cable anymore, but pretty sure it could fit in a large flat rate box if anyone needs it.

If anyone has a coil that would work on an old honda 400 twin, I would like to see if I can get it firing before putting more into that motor / bike.
  13. smithrod63

smithrod63 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm looking for an 18" x 3.5" rear rim with 36 hole spoke (lacing to an 05 YZ450 Rim)... Preferrably with spokes included, but i'm fairly confident that a set of WR spokes should work for most any 18" rim with 36 hole pattern??? .. (I'm building an SV650 with all the suspension etc. off a YZ 450... the Vstrom killer!) .. Or can anyone at least point me to where I can buy one ... cant seem to find this rim for sale in 36 hole pattern.
    Pismo950 likes this.
  14. JCool

JCool Long timer

Oddometer:
  15. MrPopples

MrPopples Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a complete fork (fork legs, tees, wheel, brake disc and caliper), of a SR43a DR800 that is located in south france.
    pay for shipping :)
  16. Suzuki Phil

Suzuki Phil Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a complete cush hub rim (with old dirt tire still mounted) for a DR250. This will work on a DR350 also, I bought it a few years ago to have a street and dirt set of wheels. Decided to just go with one set of rims due to garage space limitations. Free to anyone who wants to pick it up in Simi Valley CA, sorry too lazy to ship it.

Thanks
  17. thebigman

thebigman XR's all the way . Big Thumps or V-twins

Oddometer:
    cmon 650l peeps
  18. dirt hokie

dirt hokie Long timer

Oddometer:
    KTM 400 EXC parts and 1992 ish DR250 parts and KX 60 parts
    What i have: 400 exc forks, shocks, triple tree, wheels, gas tank, seat, some plastics
    DR 250, wheels, engine( sort of running ) carb, some plastics, maybe other stuff, will have to look.
    KX 60, engine parts, bottom end mostly,cases are good, internals not so much, radiator, few other odds and ends, i think i have the carb as well.
    What i need: 2006 or later RM 85 complete front end ( forks, triple clamps, stem, wheel, brake components)
    other makes of 85 may work, i would need to research it.) RM,CR,KX 85 rear shock. I am doing a suspension swap on a DRZ 125 L.
    what i could use: XR 400, larger then stock gas tank, wheels, seat without rips, or new seat cover. Rear fender rack, after market larger foot pegs

I will pay shipping one way, you pay the other.

Thanks
  19. Renegade_Azzy

Renegade_Azzy Kamen Rider

Oddometer:
    I could use a front end and a pair of wheels, but dont have the stuff to trade. If I find it local, I'll let you know.
  20. dsilver1007

dsilver1007 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Rm100 kx100 and kx85 front ends swap over easily from what I have read and gathered. Cr85 can be kind of a pain. Don't ask how I know...

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk