peace country riders

Discussion in 'Canada' started by GP640, Nov 3, 2006.

1. GP640

GP640 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm new to the ADV community. I know there must be some members in this area. Just raisin' the flag.
  2. GP640

GP640 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anyone....... Anyone......... Bueller?
  3. GalacticGS

GalacticGS Motorcyclist Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm in Edmonton, so a little ways away. Just rode my GS back to Camas, Washington 2 weeks ago to keep it there over the winter. My permanent home is in Camas, but I'm currently working in Edmonton (for probably at least another 1-1/2 years). I'll probably get more riding in on monthly trips home to Camas during the winter than I would in Edmonton. But next spring, I'll be riding the GS back, and doing plenty of riding.

What do you ride, and what type of riding?
  4. rusty43

rusty43 cruzincariboucountry Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm in Peace River, the '02 KLR is in the garage, guess I should winterize it now, it's been snowing most of the day.:cry
  5. JimmieA

JimmieA Long timer

Oddometer:
    I work in McMurray and have a lake lot just west of Athabasca. We spend as much time there as possible, maybe full time in the very near future. Right off highway #2. I have lived in Zama, High Level, Manning, Peace River, Slave Lake, Drift Pile and now just outside Athabasca.
  6. GP640

GP640 Long timer

Oddometer:
    You think you got snow, we have almost 15 cm today alone and 40 since last week. I had to shovel my way to my shop to drain the tank and put the pumpkin to sleep for the winter. Looks like it could be a long one up here this year.:cry
    Too bad OLN took over Dakar coverage. I've finally got time to watch it this winter and their coverage is junk. Bring back speed channel and Toby Moody.
  7. JimmieA

JimmieA Long timer

Oddometer:
    Speed Channel, thats roundy roundy turn left for 500 miles isn't it?
  8. Gadjet

Gadjet Gadget Freak

Oddometer:
    greetings from another Albertan. I live in Sylvan Lake, but I did get up to Peace River (briefly) back in June when I did a SS1600k on my '05 KLR. Temp is supposed to get up to 8C on Tuesday, so I might just ride to work that day (work in Red Deer). Toughest part will be navigating the uphill stretch of alley to the street - it's still covered in snow and ice.
  9. GP640

GP640 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm hoping to put together some sort of ride on the forestry trunk road in 07. I want to start up here and head to the Crowsnest. I'm thinking it would be a good 3 day ride from here to there and 2 days back slabbin it. I'm sure there's lots of side trips possible. I'd like to stay west of 22. Let me know if anybody is into it.

Today's weather: snow
    wind
    -8(was supposed to be -20!)
  10. Gadjet

Gadjet Gadget Freak

Oddometer:
    Would be fun, but for me that would be a day trip each way:D
  11. GalacticGS

GalacticGS Motorcyclist Supporter

Oddometer:
    Depending on timing, I'd be interested. May want to spend some time exploring the trails around Cadomin - it's a fun area.
  12. GP640

GP640 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Cadomin is a solid ride from here. I'd like to do the trip in July and bring the family along for a vacation. I've heard cadomin is good and I know the Water Valley/Harold Creek road is plenty twisty and pretty quiet. I'm familiar with it but not the part from caroline north to cadomin. Lots of time to plan between now and then.
  13. darrel632

darrel632 Stuck in Iraq, 400 years ago.

Oddometer:
    I know the south end from Highway 2 through 3 and some of the back roads through the pincher / waterton valley and chief Mtn area and most of the senics in the area I grew up on the south end of K country I wouldn't mind joining in.
  14. GP640

GP640 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well, looking at the weather lately youcould have been out there this week! If this all pans out i'll look you up when I get down that end of the road.
  15. darrel632

darrel632 Stuck in Iraq, 400 years ago.

Oddometer:
    Not likely I live in Barrhead, 3.5 hours south of you, you can't walk on the road right now let alone bike 'em.

I came back through Peace (Rycroft, Donnoly, Fairview Peace Valleyview) middle of last month with my daughter on a one way from Whitehorse on our bikes, a really bad idea, we did 600 kms of ice and - 14 to -20 temps on two OLD bikes, an 85 klr 600 and an 87 KLR250 they ran fine but we about froze until we got to Ft. St.John