Pee Leak, and other stuff to gripe about

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by Buzztail, May 2, 2012.

1. jaydee1445

jaydee1445 Footpeg Crash Tester

Oddometer:
    Sent this with caption Fuck it to my sales manager.

Attached Files:

2. jaydee1445

jaydee1445 Footpeg Crash Tester

Oddometer:
    no aspiring clowns showed ip to clown college in Sarasota this term they all work for my contractor in the back office.
    pkupfer and olyridz like this.
  3. Buzztail

Buzztail Buzztopian OG Supporter

Oddometer:
    I usually send pics like that with my expense report:deal
  4. Hatch

Hatch It's a bit loud, mmhmm

Oddometer:
    Fuckin bmw suv following a battalion chief to weasel thru traffic - almost hit me in my work truck then proceeded to almost collide with everyone else pulling back into the road behind the flashing lights. I know it wasn't kosher when the BC took a right and douchenozzle didn't. Glad I wasn't in my pov - I definitely would've tailed him to where he was going...
    Buzztail likes this.
  5. Buzztail

Oddometer:
    Had to run to town yesterday afternoon, and on the way I got about five emails on my work phone. Since I don’t email while I’m driving I pull over and read to see what the fire is all about. Replied to anything I needed to address while having a smoke. Jump back in the car, pull off and reach for my Costas. Nope, I left them on the hood.... :baldy
    Turn around to see what I can find after a mile or so, and nada.
  6. motomike14

motomike14 Thumper Crusader Supporter

Oddometer:
    It's so f-in hot in palm beach county, feel like just taking first cash offer for everything and buying a trailer in TN. Forget fall, I just hope by January the mercury dips below 88 and less than 60% humidity. Icing on the cake was a broke AC control unit in our building, giving us a classroom that was about 86. Literally sweated myself out of my shirt.
    Mugwest likes this.
  7. rider1150gsadv

rider1150gsadv Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yesterday we had on phase of power out in our building so the A/C was off too and I had to reroute power into the office to make the 'puters and wifi work again on the remaining power phase...
  8. dwelds

dwelds Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That a bought a new bike after reading about fuel tank issues/filter plugging. I guess I was thinking maybe mine won't do it. Then took said bike 1300 miles from home, to have fuel cuttout issues when I was getting into fl.

Seems to be a decent amount of activity here. Can anyone suggest a honda dealer around miami to take her to?
  9. Mugwest

Mugwest .

Oddometer:
    If the Honda doesn't work out, Eloy has a line on a schweeeet Ulysses :thumb
    sanjoh, Ginger Beard and dwrobin like this.
  10. Mugwest

Mugwest .

Oddometer:
    I don't even have a hood. :cry
    Buzztail likes this.
  11. Buzztail

Oddometer:
    @Ginger Beard and others know that area pretty well.
  12. dwelds

dwelds Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I happen to like the honda. It just needs to be serviced by a dealer that will put something called a guglatech fuel filter sleeve in and bill the labor to warranty. If I can't make that happen I'll have them replace the filter in the tank n I'll put the sleeve on after. Seems like while they have it apart they could do it with no labor costs though.
    Buzztail likes this.
  13. Mini Trail

Mini Trail n°°b

Oddometer:
    Two weeks ago I was gassing up my rental and saw and old man fiddling with car jack like it was a Rubiks Cube. When I finished filling up he had just finally gotten the jack under the car but I never saw him loosen the lugs. He had barely made any progress by the time I finished so I offered to change it for him. He was delighted & thanked me. I loosened the lug nuts & repositioned the jack & as I was putting the spare on I thought it would make a great feel good video titled "Handsome, young white man in hospital scrubs changes tire for black Vietnam veteran in Baltimore suburb."

Just as I was finishing a couple walked up. They were younger than this man, maybe in their 50s. I think they must have been meeting him there from working at one of the local businesses nearby, walking there because he was stalled by the flat tire. They were in a fairly jovial mood remarking how they thought that he would be finished by the time they got there. As I was tossing the flat & jack in the trunk, the younger man's phone rang. "I hope it's good news" he said expectantly before he answered. It wasn't good news.

"No, no, aw God"... The main wailed into his phone. The older man asked "Is he dead?" "He's dead" confirmed the younger man & he continued to cry out in anguish.

At this point I'm thinking that there is a sick uncle or perhaps a father/brother who has passed on before they got to pay their respects. The older man, from whom I am expecting a hardy handshake & thanks, looks me in the eye.

"His son got shot."

He closed the trunk &, as I walked back to my rental, they all got into the car & drove off.

The words hung in my head for days. It still creeps me out how comfortable they all seemed when the man was just shot but not dead.
    sanjoh, Mugwest and Buzztail like this.
  14. Buzztail

Oddometer:
    Well I don’t feel so bad about my $250 sunglasses now.
    sanjoh and Mugwest like this.
  15. Davebert

Davebert Too damn serious!

Oddometer:
    Bummer,
    I have always wanted a pair of polarized auto darkening/lightening sun glasses, until I priced them. Is that a good recommended brand?
  16. Buzztail

Oddometer:
    Mine were still in reasonable shape after five years of daily wear.
    Hard daily wear:nod

my next pair may have cheaters in them
    Davebert likes this.
  17. rider1150gsadv

Oddometer:
    Join the club...:gerg...:bluduh
    Mugwest and Davebert like this.
  18. Davebert

Davebert Too damn serious!

Oddometer:
    I just need reading glasses but all the other stuff, I'm good. Still sucks though...Still 20-20 except for the farsighted part.
    Mugwest likes this.
  19. rider1150gsadv

Oddometer:
    Same for me, just reading glasses for now...
  20. motomike14

motomike14 Thumper Crusader Supporter

Oddometer:
    AC at the house decided to depart for the other world. compressor literally melted. so much for that new ds.