Pee Leak, and other stuff to gripe about

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by Buzztail, May 2, 2012.

1. Mugwest

Mugwest .

Oddometer:
    Was there in 2004 for a wedding. Boston ain't for everybody/me.

Still, my hosts showed me Lynn beach and i shacked up in a tony house in Saugus overnight that nobody here would turn down.

America is many places.
  2. Dr.Z

Dr.Z 6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer:
    Took the toy hauler to Boston a few years ago. Stayed @ Wompatuck State Park.

Lots of stuff to do. Had a great time!
  3. Mini Trail

Mini Trail n°°b

Oddometer:
    I spent 3.5 hours putting 60 miles on a Hundai yesterday. But then there's this. I feel a little better. 20191107_193933.jpg

New Hampshire is gorgeous & the woods look perfect for trail riding from the highway. The rocky hills would probably be miserable all winter though.
    Buzztail and Dr.Z like this.
  4. Mini Trail

Mini Trail n°°b

Oddometer:
    I checked out a covered bridge yesterday. I always thought the cover was to keep snow off of it but there is actually a wooden truss under the cover. It was completely over-built.
    Buzztail likes this.
  5. Dr.Z

Oddometer:
    Lobsta roll? :dukegirl
  6. Dr.Z

Oddometer:
    @SR56 would beg to differ. :evil
  7. Dr.Z

Oddometer:
    BTW, there's a shanty in Maine on one side of a bridge... can't remember the name of the joint but dammit... I had one of the best lobsta rolls when we rolled through there on the way to Acadia NP.
  8. Mini Trail

Mini Trail n°°b

Oddometer:
    I wish I had found that place two days ago. I overheard a guy at the bar who said "Broad" & "Muff" in the same sentence & finished it with "Forgetaboutit". The server said something was "retahdehd". It was peak Marky-Mark movie-Boston but I think the place is actually in Danvers.
    I moved out close to Salem because I thought I wouldn't have to deal with the crucible of Boston traffic for the rest of the week but I ended up having to go downtown yesterday. I'm hoping I'll be able to get some goodys there for the family tomorrow morning before my flight back but I'll be pressed for time.
    Dr.Z and Buzztail like this.
  9. Mugwest

Mugwest .

Oddometer:
    I toatally sawr that witch you just did there :deal
    dwrobin, Hatch and Buzztail like this.
  10. Mini Trail

Mini Trail n°°b

Oddometer:
    There's 2 more but I was pretty lit last night & probably not as clever as I thought at the time.
  11. Mini Trail

Mini Trail n°°b

Oddometer:
    OK one more & I'll quit bitching.
    20191108_140145.jpg
    Mugwest and Buzztail like this.
  12. Buzztail

Buzztail Buzztopian OG Supporter

Oddometer:
    So I figured with it cooling off I’d pull out the heavier blankets and get them laundered for service. I start off by doing the light weight one on the bed currently. Washes up fine, toss it in the dryer and before I go round two with summer stuff I make sure to get the first winter blanket in the washer so I have a nice clean one for tonight
    EA442A61-5F2A-48C3-A761-12D97ED032C1.gif
    Mind you they both take almost an hour even so it all times out perfect. Open the dryer thinking I’ll grab a nice toasty blanket to put away.... cool and damp. Well damn, I must have put it on air dry so I’ll just run a short cycle to finish it off. Meanwhile the heavy blanket sits in the washer..... weighing a ton.
    half hour later- still fucking cold. Thinking now I get to take my dryer apart tomorrow and figure out if it’s the element, or the thermal fuse:baldy
    No way I’ll locate parts in town so into the laundry room for an exact model number.... we’ll THE FUCKING STICKER IS GONE. Damnit. I start to yank shit apart, and stop. There can’t be THAT many options so I hop on the interwebs to scope it out. I find a match, and a couple very similar looking dryers. One element works on them all but the fuse and thermostats differ a bit (honestly, at a couple bucks each I ordered one of each)
    F8478603-836C-4FF9-983A-72733C342E7C.gif

I’m looking forward to wet blankets that I’ll have to rewash, and spending my Sunday afternoon fucking with a dryer when I’d rather be doing something fun.
    C5D36678-0053-43AB-8D7D-C3F85267F264.gif
    Time for a whiskey.
    Mambo Dave and Dr.Z like this.
  13. Buzztail

Oddometer:
    the pics on the left and the numbers on the right don’t match up. They must only sell six packs
    Dr.Z likes this.
  14. Huzband

Huzband Team Dirt

Oddometer:
    7.75 for a Budweiser? It's overpriced at seventy five cents fer cryin' out loud.
  15. rider1150gsadv

rider1150gsadv Long timer

Oddometer:
    Are those prices for a leverage buyout or for a corporate takeover ???:-)
    Huzband and Buzztail like this.
  16. sanjoh

sanjoh Purveyor of Light

Oddometer:
    Damn that's more expensive than liquor! Time for another Tea Party!
  17. Mambo Dave

Mambo Dave I cannot abide.

Oddometer:
    well.... that sounds fun.
  18. Mugwest

Mugwest .

Oddometer:
    Change that pissant idler wheel that bears on the drum while yr at it. Looks like a rollerblade wheel and is held on by a plastic triangle clip. May as well change the drum belt while yr at it-- if that belt goes it takes all the valves in the head out :jjen
    Buzztail and Philip Kuntz like this.
  19. Mugwest

Mugwest .

Oddometer:
    Hey, $14 a case for anything Lagunitas aint bad! Quit bitching! #1stWorldProblems :finger
  20. Buzztail

Oddometer:
    I’m so excited. I hope everything falls apart and I’m at Home Depot tomorrow buying new shit.

I’ve got a spare supercharger belt for the Audi, and a couple of skate boards in the shop. Maybe I can cobble something together. Maybe I can sub in a lawn mower belt. The charger belts are spendy
    Mambo Dave likes this.