1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Pee Leak, and other stuff to gripe about

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by Buzztail, May 2, 2012.

1. rider1150gsadv

rider1150gsadv Long timer

Oddometer:
    ^ Glad they got the scumbags.
    Yes, do get good hi def cams as in our gated :puke1 'hood we had the same happen about 8-9 months ago. The police arrested the lot a few weeks later because of the high quality cameras used by one of our neighbors... :deal Just because you're in a gated community doesn't mean scum cant get in and many peeps have that false sense of security..:fpalm
    KimPossible and Davebert like this.
  2. Davebert

Davebert Too damn serious!

Oddometer:
    Good on the police catching the assholes. Hopefully they get properly punished and not let go and charges dropped etc...
    KimPossible and rider1150gsadv like this.
  3. Buzztail

Buzztail Buzztopian OG Supporter

Oddometer:
    While the cameras are worth investing in you also need the software to support them. Newer high end software will track with a PTZ, it’ll recognize the same person walking by, or lingering. It’ll alert to out of the ordinary behavior.
    You would be amazed at what’s out there on the pro side of things. Even more so a tier or two higher than standard CCTV.
    Davebert, Hatch and rider1150gsadv like this.
  4. Davebert

Oddometer:
    I have a 6 channel wireless and it works pretty good. No PTZ cameras though. When this system needs replacing I will get a better one or move this one to cover different areas.
    Buzztail likes this.
  5. KimPossible

KimPossible Proud Patriot

Oddometer:
    I have changed my eating habits. Oh, yeah for me! Not! Cut the sugar addiction down to 15%. Tea isn't the same without my 1 even teaspoon, so I will not go without it. Tough :topes! Gave up 85% of the veggies too. Needed to do it. My body is already feeling a lot better. Getting older isn't as golden as we were told. Although, it beats the alternative.
  6. Davebert

Oddometer:
    Everyone has a different plan. Whatever makes you feel right is ok by me. Getting rid of 85% of veggies is worrisome though...But I am a WFPB guy. :deal
    KimPossible likes this.
  7. Buzztail

Oddometer:
    @Davebert and I have had this conversation, and I agree. Whatever makes you feel better. For me, that’s keto. I do however eat carbs in the form of oatmeal, etc but it’s limited. when I did straight keto I lost over 40 pounds in four months. I felt better, had more energy, and was healthier feeling. I had to add back in some carbs because at #157 I was too lean. I’m good right now around 175.
    KimPossible likes this.
  8. Davebert

Oddometer:
    I think it all is about where your head is at in life and what you have already been through. And how long you want to live etc. Some people don't want to live longer than a certain age, fearing they will be all crippled and in pain so why bother. I have too much to do and too many projects and have a lot of catching up to do. If I don't finish my projects, they won't get done. :D A lot invetsed to get where I am now to lose it all to a health issue. A little reading for you while I leave for the night...

The idea behind the Blue Zones Kitchen was to find an average of what people were eating for the last hundred years in all five Blue Zones. To do that we had to find dietary surveys that went back to the twenties. Because, if you want to know what a Centenarian ate to live to be a hundred you have to know what she was eating when she was a little girl and a teenager and newly married and middle-aged and newly retired. You can’t just ask a one-hundred-year-old, ‘what are you eating?’ because they don’t remember.

So, on average people are eating eighty to ninety-five-percent plant-based. The five pillars of every longevity diet in the world are

• Whole Grains. This sort of shocks the anti-gluten crowd because you clearly see wheat in the Mediterranean zones, corn is in the Latin American Blue Zones, and rice is in the Asian Blue Zones. Greens of all kinds.
    • Greens that we’d weed-wack from our backyard, they’re making beautiful salads and pies out of them.
    • Potatoes, but especially sweet potatoes, purple sweet potatoes in Okinawa which was about sixty percent of their dietary intake until about 1970.
    • Nuts of every kind and (finally), the cornerstone of every longevity diet in the world is
    • Beans. If you eat about a cup of beans a day, it’s probably worth about an extra four years of life expectancy.
    I can’t say a whole-food, plant-based diet is a miracle pill, but if you aren’t smoking and you are exercising, sleeping well, drinking lots of water, keeping your stress down, and eating a whole-food plant-based diet, you may just live to one hundred!

:deal
    Buzztail and Hatch like this.
  9. Hatch

Hatch Perpetually lost

Oddometer:
    That’s a bitch about beans - I’m severely allergic to legumes. :bluduh

on to bike bitchin. I can't believe I didn't figure this out already. Whatchu think caused this staining?

The pinhole in the tank is a perfect circle, like someone took a tiny drill bit and put a random hole in it. :scratch

Attached Files:

10. KimPossible

Oddometer:
    Each person has to find a meal plan that works for them. The one thing I am learning it's not a one size fits all lifestyle. SM can eat a regular diet, exercise, and the weight drops. Just the way it goes. :dirtdog LOL!

Nothing the doctor told me was working. It was becoming extremely frustrating and still had a lot of pain. Weight gain instead of weight loss with eating less and more physical activity.

Oh, I like lots of fruits and vegetables; however my body wasn't agreeing. Cut out a lot of veggies because of digestion issues. This will allow me to figure out which ones do and do not cause so much trouble. Plan is to slowly introduce a bit more veg back into the diet. Also bread of any variety was causing pain. Keto/Carnivore diet is where I am at this moment. Feel a lot better, and I am so thankful for it.

Think I would send bread an, "I miss you letter," if I could.:lol3
    Buzztail likes this.
  11. KimPossible

Oddometer:
    Repeat, repeat, and repeat! :jack
  12. Davebert

Oddometer:
  13. Buzztail

Oddometer:
    There's a lot health experts still don't know about the long-term effects of the keto diet—but some warn it could be dangerous.

this is where I get frustrated. This whole opening statement should negate the rest of the article.

your body uses three kinds of fuel. Carbs first, then fats, lastly protein. That’s a fact. When it’s got carbs as fuel it stores the excess as fat. When it’s out of carbs it stats using fat (a much longer lasting source of energy than the spike with carbs) when it’s out of fat it eats protein (muscle) and that’s starvation. Keto feeds it fat that’s used as fuel right then and not stored, so there is no build up of unhealthy fats in the body. Keep the tank topped off with fats and the fuel mileage increases.
    Mrs Buzztail graduated Cum Laude with distinction in her major (kinesiology) so she’s a bit more up to speed on how the body works than me.
    One other thing I’ve found is that very few doctors know jack shit about nutrition- same with vets.
    Eating a diet void of essential vitamins and minerals and nutrients is bad no matter what the diet is. It’s the ESSENTIAL part that is constantly misunderstood. You can completely eliminate a whole food group if the essentials are replenished in another food group. If food group B has less undesirables then it stands to reason it’s better for you than A is:thumb
    Studies can be sourced and peer reviewed to show whatever results you pay for. That’s a fact jack. :nod
    Find what works for you and roll with it. If it stops working shift gears.
    I’m having four eggs fried in the grease from the half pound of bacon I just ate. My resting BP RIGHT NOW is 108 over 70.
    KimPossible and Davebert like this.
  14. Davebert

Oddometer:
    This could become an oil thread. :lol2 But I agree with most of what you said, you just have to find the right sources for info and that info can be bought. That is why I like nutritionfacts.org as Dr. Greger doesn't trust all the old research and points out who ran the studies (like the tobacco people paying for a study that says its not harmful), and then he puts it to the test. If nothing else there is a lot of good nutritional info on his site that anyone can learn something. That is most excellent blood pressure by the way... Sometimes (almost always) it's not what you eat but the amount you stuff into your pie hole. :rofl
    KimPossible and Buzztail like this.
  15. Davebert

Oddometer:
    Are you sure the gas is leaking from that perfect little hole? What is that larger gash looking spot nearby? Is the round hole in the really thick plastic or not? Looks like a pretty easy fix one way or another...
  16. Hatch

Hatch Perpetually lost

Oddometer:
    yup I tipped it over and watched gas run out of the perfect hole, the gash is skin deep. Filled em both with Seal-All, we'll see how well that claim lives up...
  17. Buzztail

Oddometer:
    If that pinhole leaks again just run a screw in it and call it a day.
    Hatch likes this.
  18. Ogre_fl

Ogre_fl Long timer

Oddometer:
  19. Buzztail

Oddometer:
  20. rider1150gsadv

rider1150gsadv Long timer

Oddometer:
    We're using the Greek alphabet now. Not the first time that we run out of names either, but it is getting ridiculous...:uhoh
    Davebert likes this.