Pennsyltuckey Noodlin'

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by ricochetrider, Oct 21, 2012.

1. scootac

scootac Just a Traveler

Oddometer:
    :clap:clap:clap
    VERY nice photos of bridges.....and not too shabby of a bike either!!!
    I'm still trying to figure out to consistently get good interior shots w/o a big whitewash from the end or side windows.
    Making them different? I try to get different angles of objects rather than everything from a shoulder height view....like you did from the floor shot.
  2. doc4216

doc4216 Chronic High Fiver

Oddometer:
    Love this thread. Thanks for showcasing what an amazing state PA can be! Even though I grew up in Butler County (western), this thread makes me feel like home. Your pictures remind me of my childhood.
    ricochetrider likes this.
  3. ricochetrider

ricochetrider MotoMojo

Oddometer:
    Scootac,

Me not being a guy who knows technical aspects of photography, not getting overexposures from the super bright points in an image is a tough one... possibly under any circumstances. My total guess would be, it'd be best to underexpose by a couple steps, then fix it in "post"- and a few of the darker shots of my own here where the exterior isn't wildly blown out (but you can still see the interior) were lightened considerably in "post"- using the native editing software that came with my Mac desktop. I think in some instances folks. using film back in the day would "underexpose & over develop" as well, so maybe that's a sort of universal strategy that would work in both worlds?

In any case, much can be said about the benefits of post editing, whether it's just using some bare bones stuff like I do or being highly skilled at using Lightroom or other high faulting editing software. BTW I shoot in "RAW" & Jpeg, then switch to RAW for editing- then the final product you see here is switched back to jpeg when I export it to my desktop for uploading to Zenfolio, my host site. I'm using my Olympus micro four thirds OMD EM1 and various lenses. I switch to RAW for editing then for the most part, only really use auto settings to adjust light & color.
    scootac likes this.
  4. scootac

scootac Just a Traveler

Oddometer:
    Thanks!
    I use HDR some, my Panasonic has it built in, or do it post. No Lightroom/Photoshop here either, I use Fast Stone Viewer to crop, straighten, adjust light and color. Also has a clone and heal....pretty handy to get rid of power lines and such.
    Always interesting to see others nice photos for ideas and think 'How did they do that???'

What year BMW?
  5. NurseBill

NurseBill Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Out on the KLX today in Tuscarora again. Since they opened up roads for hunters and leaf watchers... I took full advantage. One for scootac.... 20171017_140451.jpg
    20171017_143839.jpg
    20171017_155516.jpg
    scootac likes this.
  6. NurseBill

Oddometer:
    Site of an old fire tower. Shade Mountain fire tower in Juniata county. Even equipped with an outhouse/ 20171017_151528.jpg 20171017_151445.jpg
  7. NurseBill

Oddometer:
    20171017_135123.jpg 20171017_151629.jpg

My new friend I moved off the road.
    Brucester, B10Dave and bobw like this.
  8. scootac

scootac Just a Traveler

Oddometer:
    :clap
    I went past 2 CCC signs on Sunday, but was following others so didn't stop for pics, but got them noted in my head.
    There's a few gated roads up this way now open...I should get my butt out there and get some pics.
    That last photo...a golf course?
    Still pretty green for last half of October....
    Thanks for sharing!
    NurseBill likes this.
  9. NurseBill

Oddometer:
    Yep that would be my local golf course. There are more ccc things out in that area but I don't remember where. There's more in the south part of tuscarora including dead man's curve where the ccc person got ran over with a bulldozer. I need to get thereto see it. Any time you are in the area holler.
  10. ExxonValdez

ExxonValdez Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not to hijack the thread here, but this thread did inspire me to do a quick 2 day 700 mile run down to your beautiful area. Had a small window of time so I didn't get to see everything, I'd need whole lot more time for that as you know. But a great 2 days it was nontheless. You guys seem like pro photographers, so I apologize for my attempts with an iPhone. But thought I'd share my experience.
    I stayed in Wellsboro at the Canyon Motel. Nice clean place with a fair price. Great little town, will definitely be going back. Ate at the Wellsboro House, that was the best burger I've had in a long time. The Grand Canyon was cool to see and the roads were a lot of fun. This is a great thread, wish I had more time to get some serious ADV happening. IMG_4612.JPG IMG_4620.JPG IMG_4618.JPG IMG_4623.JPG
    Brucester, popscycle, B10Dave and 2 others like this.
  11. ExxonValdez

Oddometer:
  12. ExxonValdez

Oddometer:
  13. The Virginian

The Virginian Long timer

Oddometer:
    What a great thread and i don't know how I missed it! Thanks for sharing.
    ricochetrider likes this.
  14. NurseBill

Oddometer:
    Glad you made it into our neck of the woods!! I spent a fair amount of time riding in North Central PA this year. Rt 144 is awesome! I ride it from Bellefonte to Renovo a couple times a year. Lots of scenery. I love that whole area. This year I got to venture farther north. I have a route 6 trip planned for next summer.
    ricochetrider and ExxonValdez like this.
  15. ricochetrider

ricochetrider MotoMojo

Oddometer:
    The whole so-called "northern tier" of Pennsylvania is beautiful and has so much really great riding. I love PA 125 up out of Lock Haven, and all those roads that run up to highway 6 off of it. I've been up that way quite a few times, but not lately. 144 is a good one, I've ridden it from Bellefonte all the way up to highway 6.

Maybe I'll get a couple days yet this year to go out for a ride around that part of PeeYay.

Thanks for the comments and additional posts guys!
    Brucester likes this.
  16. scootac

scootac Just a Traveler

Oddometer:
    That would be 120 out of Lock Haven, 125 is down near Shamokin.
    And along with all the paved roads are the dirt/gravel roads between them.

But.....they really don't go anywhere important....like malls and fast food joints and other places where there's too damn many people....so really no need to ride them.
    :D

But if you are able, take your dog along. All the company you need!!!
    bobw likes this.
  17. FourHondas

FourHondas Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My kind of hotel. Not expensive and built in bike security

FourHondas
    ExxonValdez likes this.
  18. NurseBill

Oddometer:
    Snuck out today, just don't tell anyone. Ran up to Grice Gun Shop in Clearfield to get a magazine for my rifle and kept going awhile.

Rt 555
    20171023_151623.jpg

There is an elk
    20171023_151851.jpg

I'd live up in this area if I could.
    Brucester and bobw like this.
  19. scootac

scootac Just a Traveler

Oddometer:
    Elk season starts next Monday if you want to see them at the check station.
  20. NurseBill

Oddometer:
    I'll be at work. Have to work sometime I guess.