Pennsylvania Tag-o-Rama

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by Skyclad, Aug 12, 2008.

1. cakmakli

cakmakli Made It - Army Retired

Oddometer:
    It's raining now. We'll see just how adv Greg is.
  2. disconnected

disconnected brap

Oddometer:
    sorry gang, worked 13 hours today and another long one tomorrow... looks like I wont be able to repost till Saturday... hope you guys can hang on!

greg
  3. cakmakli

Oddometer:
    I guess it's okay since it due to work.

BTW, did you see the bad start that the taggers in NY is off to? They posted their first tag yesterday and last night the bike in the tag was stolen.
  4. 2SBETTER

2SBETTER clean up!, aisle stupid!

Oddometer:
    Howdy All, Anyone Hear Of Any States That Run More Than One Tag? Maybe We Could Divide Pa By Eastern, Central, And Western.
    Or, If There Were Multiple Tags Open To All, We Could All Try To Get The Tags Into Our Region Of The State. Dunno, Just Thinkin.
  5. 2SBETTER

Oddometer:
    THATS FUNNY WETHER ITS TRUE OR NOT.
  6. 2SBETTER

Oddometer:
    JUST TAKE A PICTURE OF YOUR BIKE SITTING IN FRONT OF YOUR WORK, DROP A FEW HINTS............:evil
  7. Sparkster

Sparkster Live seriously.

Oddometer:
    This is what I was talking about with using saved up pics for placing the new tag...

Hey PA dudes- is there anything that I should put on the "do not miss" list when coming through your state from Ohio? Right now I'm looking at catching Scranton (to find an Office tshirt for my wife), one of the state parks with a famous dam and/or railroad bridge? (I forget the name right now but the other guy that's going knows...) and we're also pushing east to NY to the Hawk's Nest. Not in that order. So the whole state is open if there's something we should catch on the way out or back.
  8. 2SBETTER

Oddometer:
    FLIGHT 97 MEMORIAL IN SOMERSET IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN ALREADY.
  9. Skyclad

Skyclad Original Bastard

Oddometer:
    I think the dam and/or railroad bridge you are looking for it the Kinzua Dam and/or Railroad Bridge. The dam is still standing; the bridge is not.

Seems to me that you should be riding Rt 6 across the northern part of the state. Very nice road, not super twisty, but pretty in not many big towns to deal with.
  10. PABiker

PABiker Anywhere but here

Oddometer:
    Check out the Grand Canyon of PA near Wellsboro, it can be reached from either side and it divides 2 state parks:

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/parks/coltonpoint.aspx

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/parks/leonardharrison.aspx

Both accessable from Rt. 6.

And definitely do not miss the breakfast buffet at Erway's Resturant in Coudersport:

[​IMG]
  11. OoPEZoO

OoPEZoO Dirtball Extraordinaire

Oddometer:
    Or.....if someone wants to play that bad, they can get off their ass and ride across the state to get it. Thats the joy of the game.

We need the whole state.....otherwise it will get old QUICK! :deal
  12. cakmakli

Oddometer:
    +1.

Disconnected rode half way across the state to get it and bring it to the Burgh after it sit for six days.

Once the new tag is posted come and get it, but you had better be quick about it.
  13. PABiker

PABiker Anywhere but here

Oddometer:
    :ear
  14. 2SBETTER

Oddometer:
    I KNOW IT SOUNDS LIKE IM WHINNING. IM ALL FOR GETTIN OF MY ARSE AND RIDING. BUT I'D HATE TO GET BRUCED AFTER AN 8-10 HR RIDE. CHECK SOME OF THE TAGS, GUYS ............. AH SCREW IT, I AM WHINNIG. I'LL JUST HAVE TO CHANGE MY PAD AND BE PATIANT, I'M JUST AN EXCITABLE BOY!
  15. SABREMAN

SABREMAN Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    HEY SPARKSTER, JUST A HEADS UP, THE SHOW IS NOT REALLY TAPPED HERE. :huh I AM GOING TO COUDERSPORT FOR BEAKFAST, THOUGH
  16. cakmakli

Oddometer:
    Even if you don't get the tag at least you get a good ride out of the deal. Think of all the times you rode 8 - 10 hours for no reason other then just to ride.
  17. OoPEZoO

OoPEZoO Dirtball Extraordinaire

Oddometer:
    and besides.......being Bruce'd is half the fun. Would you honestly be pissed about it? It might take the wind out of your sails a little, but think of the smiles and laughter it will bring once you tell us all about it :evil
  18. Grape_Ape

Grape_Ape Shemp!

Oddometer:
    I wouldn't know anything about being Bruced.
  19. Hatepylons

Hatepylons Poseur Extraordinaire

Oddometer:
    I just hope the new tag is up early enough in the weekend so I can attempt to get to it. I realize the effort it can take to find that "unique" spot, so thanks to everyone for their effort thus far. :clap
  20. Sparkster

Sparkster Live seriously.

Oddometer:
    Right, it's taped in California. There's a bar in Scranton where The Office was once shot on location. She wants a Poor Richards shirt. Of course, I could order one from the website but what's the fun of that?

And yeah, that breakfast buffet is making me seriously hungry.