Pennsylvania Tag-o-Rama

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by Skyclad, Aug 12, 2008.

1. mike_115

mike_115 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was there with Slim, but pretended I didn't know where it was, and tried to figure it out w/ google. Took about 10 seconds and that was before reading your clues, I wouldn't have put them up. Meh, that's just me being a mean bastard though.

SkyClad, do you have one of the new belts, or an older one? I think '06 was when they switched, but I think you need to replace the sprockets and belt guards to use it. Did it show any wear before breaking, or just break? Just curious because I have an '03 Firebolt.
  2. 2ndSPACE

2ndSPACE Long timer

Oddometer:
    You are correct. I am an idiot. :beer
  3. Burgh'r Boy

Burgh'r Boy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    "Rule #2 - ... Try to place the tags in interesting locations, maybe a bit of history that can be found down some nice twisties.":deal

Interesting Locations?, I think not. When did this become the PA Poker Run?
  4. NittanyRider

NittanyRider Walking Contradiction

Oddometer:

Not that I'm making excuses, but I did have to go a ways to get the tag in the first place, and because of that, I didn't have a lot of time yesterday for locating the new tag. I will admit that it is/was an easy location, but it was *my* decision and I stand by it. Personally, if I lived in some other part of the state, and I was coming to get this tag, I would be psyched. The roads leading in and out of this area are awesome. You can get hear via twisties, farm roads, dirt roads or slab. Throw in some good grub, and what could be better, right?

Hey, if I'm wrong on this one, I'll own it, but I personally don't think this is a poker run, nor do I think that it is an un-interesting location. :D
  5. Burgh'r Boy

Burgh'r Boy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The Tags have been somewhat dificult to follow, but haven't the last 2 been bars? :confused
  6. Skyclad

Skyclad Original Bastard

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I was right about that location. I prefer to get the sampler platter of beer. Good food as well.

Let's get the tags back out of towns and bars though (oops, 205'e on this one). Mine was only a tag of convience.

BTW, just to let you all know, Lancaster H-D/Buell is coming through again for me. They are going to be replacing the belt under warranty. I consider myself to be lucky to have such a great shop in my area that treats Buelligans the same as H-D owners. :clap
  7. Skyclad

Skyclad Original Bastard

Oddometer:
    Well, my bar tag was not exactly my choice. Trust me, I was planning a MUCH more interesting location for that tag. Let's just say that folks afraid of gravel roads would have had to sit that one out. It is still on my list of future tags.
  8. Skyclad

Skyclad Original Bastard

Oddometer:
    My Ulysses is an 08. The belt is the one designed for the Ulysses. They have a stronger belt for 09.

There is no unusualy wear showing on the belt. The bike has 11220 miles on it, and I am not a wheelie freak. No damage showing on the belt, other than the obvious. There was no warning signs before the belt broke; just pulling hard out of a switchback and suddenly I was bouncing off the rev limiter and slowing down at the same time. Usually not a good combination.
  9. NittanyRider

Oddometer:
    I hope I don't come across as being argumentative, but I wouldn't classify this place a "bar"... they don't serve liquor, it's smoke-free and it's very family-friendly. This a cool place where the locals come to unwind and I wanted to share it. I had some other places in mind, but I wasn't sure I was going to be able to get to them in a reasonable amount of time, so I opted to go with this place to keep the game going.
  10. NittanyRider

Oddometer:
    Agreed!
  11. NittanyRider

Oddometer:
    maybe it wasn't such a good idea to bring the tag up here???

Where's everybody at???

:snore
  12. Slim Jim

Slim Jim Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If I would have known when I was standing there that was going to be the next tag, the new one would be posted up by now.

Oh well, hopefully someone out there can figure it out and will deem it a worthwhile journey. I know I enjoyed it.
  13. NittanyRider

Oddometer:
    Slim Jim - Yeah, that is bad timing. If I had decided to go out there to get the tag BEFORE I mowed the lawn, we probably would have bumped into each other. :beer
  14. Skyclad

Skyclad Original Bastard

Oddometer:
    Well, I will have my bike back Thursday. If this tag is still active Friday, it won't be Saturday...
  15. disconnected

disconnected brap

Oddometer:
    any more clues for us Pittsburghers???

I need to keep it moving west!

greg
  16. disconnected

disconnected brap

Oddometer:
    :ear

no more clues needed for me, I just need time now!

greg
  17. PABiker

PABiker Anywhere but here

Oddometer:
    C'mon, somebody go grab that thing and get it on the move again.:D
  18. Skyclad

Skyclad Original Bastard

Oddometer:
    It has until Friday or I will take it back and hide it deep in the forest somewhere:deal
  19. PABiker

PABiker Anywhere but here

Oddometer:
    Cool.:D
  20. NittanyRider

Oddometer:
    Hey Skyclad - if you do come up tomorrow, and the timing works out, I'd be happy to show you the long way back out of town... to 322 around Reedsville via Rothrock S.F. :wink:

Shoot me a PM if you're interested.