Pennsylvania Tag-o-Rama

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by Skyclad, Aug 12, 2008.

1. ddevil54r

ddevil54r Adventurer

Oddometer:
    don't worry i'm kicking myself... especially seeing as how i've been working down in SC the past 3 weeks :cry i'm all over the next tag, i just need to figure out how to get this thread sent to my cell phone :p hah, nevermind figured it out ;) game on!!!
  2. cakmakli

cakmakli Made It - Army Retired

Oddometer:
    I hope the next tag gets posted soon. I'm sitting here on a Sunday with no plans.
  3. disconnected

disconnected brap

Oddometer:
    Ill try and get it up by today, but remember I was all over the state yesterday.....

greg

4. 2ndSPACE

2ndSPACE Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am thinking a VA WV PA day long tag ride may be in the future. That is if the planet align properly:evil

Hmmmm let's see. My Pop got the VA tag, my GF got the WV tag. All depends on the PA tag
  5. disconnected

disconnected brap

Oddometer:
    So you guys wanted history, how about the oldest archiological site in North America!!!

The site was excavated from 1973 until 1978 by a University of Pittsburgh team led by James M. Adovasio. Radiocarbon dates from the site indicated occupancy as early as 16,000 years ago and possibly as long as 19,000 years ago. The "Clovis First" camp has tried to dispute the age of the findings, but generally their efforts have been dismissed.<SUP class="noprint Template-Fact">[citation needed]</SUP> Although the dates are still controversial to some, archaeologists familiar with evidence from the site agree that Xxxxxxxxxxx was used by Native Americans in the pre-Clovis era, and as such, provides evidence for very early human habitation of the Americas. In fact, if the 19,000 years ago dating is correct, Xxxxxxxxxxxx Xxxxxxxxxxx is the oldest known Native American cultural site. Seeing as the site fails Hayne's criteria for dating Paleoindian sites in the Americas as the site could potentially have been contaminated by natural carbon at the site the age of 19,000 years could be significantly older than the real age.<SUP class="noprint Template-Fact">[citation needed]</SUP>
    Xxxxxxxxxxx Xxxxxxxxxxx has yielded Woodland, Archaic and Paleoindian remains, indicating evidence of the processing of animals, such as deer, elk, bird eggs, and mussels; as well as plants such as corn, squash, fruits, nuts and seeds. The site also has yielded many tools, including ceramics, bifaces, biface fragments, lamellar blades, a lanceolate projectile point and chipping debris. At least one basin-shaped hearth was reused over time.
    It was given the name Mxxxxxxxxxxx from the nearby Xxxxxxxxxxx Vxxxxxx historical park. Although sometimes referred to as "Xxxxxxxxxx RxxK Xxxxxx", the more accepted and popular term is "Xxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxxxxx".
    Following construction of a new observation deck and enclosure, The Xxxxxxxxter had a reopening on May 10, 2008. (wikipedia)

The dig site is up above on rock cliff, glimpses can be seen from here.

Greg

[​IMG]
  6. PABiker

PABiker Anywhere but here

Oddometer:
    I was just there a month ago. Now to get the 950 back together, a little too far for the DRZ with the current gearing.
  7. 2ndSPACE

2ndSPACE Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice Tag

Learned something new
  8. RangerLee

RangerLee Ranger's Lead the Way

Oddometer:
    Yeah that is way far for me, but a great TAG non-the-less. Wish I could get there to not only see it live for the first time but make the TAG pic.
  9. 2SBETTER

2SBETTER clean up!, aisle stupid!

Oddometer:
    Hello All, This Is My First Reply. No Longer A Virgin? Yo Disconnected, Nice Location. I Found Site And Its Adress In About 10 Min. Unfortuntly Its 4hrs Oneway From My Location. If Nobody Tags By The Weekend, I May Have To Play Hookie From Work Friday.
    How Would Ya All Like It If I Brought That Tag East? Anyway, I Love This Tag Thing, Goodluck To All.
  10. ddevil54r

ddevil54r Adventurer

Oddometer:
    dang, yeah it's a little late in the day for me to hit it... :cry
  11. rideaholic

rideaholic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was there a month ago with Pabiker. I will have to try to make the trip after work one of these days.
  12. PABiker

Oddometer:
    I'm going to get it tomorrow.:D
  13. disconnected

disconnected brap

Oddometer:
    He may be bluffing gang.... :scratch
  14. RPD1

RPD1 We don't

Oddometer:

or he spent the last 3 hours putting a 950 back together.

Interesting tag, nicely done.
  15. Skyclad

Skyclad Original Bastard

Oddometer:
    Good grab and drop Greg. Think you could get it a little more west for the next time though?:D
  16. RPD1

RPD1 We don't

Oddometer:
    Looks like he had 1 whole mile to spare.:lol3
  17. rideaholic

Oddometer:
    LOL You will beat me to it then.
  18. PABiker

Oddometer:
    I threw it together just now, took about 10 minutes to get it back to running condition. Still not done with all the wiring on it for the aux goddies, but it's good enough to ride for now. I'll rip it back apart when I get home.
  19. RPD1

RPD1 We don't

Oddometer:

That's Tag-O-Rama dedication. :lol3
  20. rideaholic

Oddometer:
    Does a night picture count? I could ride there now. LOL