Penny-tech stone guards for 640 Adventure

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Velocibiker, Dec 2, 2005.

1. meat popsicle

meat popsicle Ignostic

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  2. Velocibiker

Velocibiker Adventure Antagonist

Oddometer:
    I hope you have a BIG bag of popcorn. My priorities have just changed. My son (23 yrs old) who rides a DRZ decided to auger it into the ground on Monday. He boke his elbow and cracked a rib. Partially collapsed a lung. The bike is (was) his primary mode of trans - so I need to get that fixed now. Quite a bit of damage. I was able to ride it back to my house, but it wasn't fun.

To add fuel to the fire, my daughter (20 yrs old) decided her car would look good wedged under the back of a Suburban. That was yesterday. It's a POS Hyundai so no insurance but liability. That was HER only means of trans. Had to tow it back to the house. Pretty major front end damage. Most likely totaled considering what it's worth. So, both my kids have moved out, are going to college and working. Now, both their vehicles - which are broke - are back at my house!!

So. Any work on MY bike is going on the waaaayyyyy back burner until I get the kids up and running again.

Actually I'm just pissin' and moanin'. I'm just glad his injuries weren't any worse, and she wasn't hurt at all.

Pop some more popcorn MP - it's going to be awhile.
  3. Velocibiker

Velocibiker Adventure Antagonist

Oddometer:
    I recall those. They use the superflux leds in a tower-like assembly. Still too pricey for my taste though.

Those led signals look pretty nice. How's the light output and viewing angle? The aftermarket signals I've seen on other bikes haven't impressed me at all. Not any brighter than a regular bulb and extremely narrow viewing angle. (Another option to buying discrete leds is to extract them from an existing part :wink: .)
  4. ktmnate

ktmnate Long timer

Oddometer:
    Velocibiker,
    sorry to hear of all the mishaps. It just sucks when everything happens at once.

Nate
  5. creeper

creeper Still alive...

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear about your kids Velo... glad to hear they'll be OK.

The Shock Racing signals are very bright in a direct view and as bright as stock... maybe a bit more, from the side.
    Usually, I'm not all that thrilled with LED brightness, or lack of it, but these are more than acceptable replacements to the stock incandescents.

C
  6. meat popsicle

meat popsicle Ignostic

Oddometer:
    When it rains it pours velo - keep the faith man! Glad your kids are OK.

The reason I put the LURK on ya is because I have a keen interest in being more visible, after that old fella said he didn't see me and... well, I was looking a bit into LED arrays (what was the other mfg. the one who makes headlight/taillight flashers as well?). So I would be interested in your work!

I gots more time (popcorn) than money anyways.

:lurk :lurk :lurk :lurk :lurk :lurk :lurk :lurk :lurk :lurk :lurk :lurk :lurk :lurk :lurk
  7. chevaliernoir

chevaliernoir Le Chevalier Noir

Oddometer:
    hello
    I was thinking of such grid for the lamps, but I see a big problem : how to clean your lamp?
    when you are in the middle of nowhere, you dont have high pressure water available....
  8. Laromonster

Laromonster Lean, mean pacifist machine

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Never, ever aim a pressure washer at anything electrical on your bike