Pensacola area riders

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by XT Thumper, Mar 11, 2008.

1. AST236

AST236 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    pkupfer and ZachM1 like this.
  2. Easyrider 58

Easyrider 58 Control Enthusiast Supporter

Oddometer:
    It was nice up top of Brasstown Bald this am. Mid 70’s. Back to 90 in Helen at lunch.

Attached Files:

sED8frog, Davebert, Dirtwoman and 5 others like this.
  3. abramsgunner

abramsgunner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice.. I like that place; we try to camp up there at least once every couple of years. If I remember correctly, it gets pretty stuffy up there in the tower but the view is nice. The 40 inches of snow they got in Montana sounds pretty inviting right about now...
    YJake likes this.
  4. pkupfer

pkupfer Union man

Oddometer:
    Ride down to Vogel State Park. Decent scenery and not congested. Can pop over the hills a few different ways from there.

Looking good.
    Easyrider 58, blackseven and Dr.Z like this.
  5. blackseven

blackseven Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wife and I camped there for a weekend back in august. Really great place, and the roads that lead to the park were freakin' sweet!
    pkupfer likes this.
  6. sED8frog

sED8frog Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Horse-trading attempt :johntm

What I offer;
    • Just under 2 liters of 50/50 Triumph HDX4 Hybrid OAT... (one unopened, plus one opened with a hair under 700ml left) Bought these from D&D several years ago.
    Triumph coolant.jpg
    • Also ordered a half gallon of Evans coolant from Slavens that should be here any day... decided against using it.

What I'm after;

Similar quantities of either;

• Engine ice
    • Bel Ray Moto Chill
    • Twin Air Ice Flow
    If anyone wants to trade for what I'm after, I'll deliver.
    Please pm me if interested.
    skid=mark likes this.
  7. skid=mark

skid=mark Likes it Slidewayz

Oddometer:

If no takers, bring to the TROT... might get lucky...
    sED8frog likes this.
  8. SR56

SR56 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Trying to find an inline filter with stainless steel mesh in it and approximately 7/16" OD fittings on each end.

I want to put it in my crankcase vent line between the crankcase and the air box. Problem I am having is when running the "Mighty" 230Ls and the 230M at high rpms for very long, oil is getting pushed through the crankcase vent line and into the air box. Tried a PCV valve and it has too much restriction and oil mist starts to vent other places on motor. I'd like to maintain my crankcase vent going into the air box just for simplicity but may have to vent it externally through a small K&N/Uni filter if I can't find the mesh filter. I have done the external vent before and it works but it creates a mess and depending on where I run the vent line, it could get oil on a tire.

Already did the leak down, compression, and every other check known to man and the engines are in virtually "new" condition. Just that the crankcase vent design can't handle running them WFO for extended periods of time :-).

Any help finding the inline mesh filter and/or additional solutions are appreciated :nod.
  9. Easyrider 58

Oddometer:
    Rode past Vogel SP but didn't pull in. We'll cjeck it out next go around. Thanks!
    pkupfer likes this.
  10. AST236

AST236 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Personal reset.

So life was going along fine until Sunday night when I got word my mother, who lives in Huntsville, AL, had fallen and hit her head. My sister, who lives nearby, was in Michigan, visiting my nephew, so I loaded my truck and headed north.

Time to sit in ICU and figure out what's going on.

Fast forward to Wednesday afternoon, when, around 1400, we get the word that Mom has colon cancer. WTH, over?

By 1200 today, Mom is wheeled into surgery. Two hours later, the doc tells us the surgery went well and the prognosis is excellent for a full recovery.

Damn.

It's been quite a week. Kudos to the staff and Huntsville Hospital!! Couldn't have asked for better.

The future will include more visits to Huntsville and I will not fuss when told it's time for the next colonoscopy. BTW, we have almost no cancer in our family.

Life is short. Tell your family and friends you love them every chance you get.

Non moto post over. Time for sleep.........
    Buzztail, Mugwest, sperz1 and 15 others like this.
  11. Madhouse

Madhouse Semi-Goodlookin! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Frank, my 3rd scope is scheduled the 23rd of this month. Only too happy to get it done.

First one at 55yrs found pollups and damn sure glad I went in for that checkup.
    A check every 5 years now.
    Probably wouldn’t be here or be the same old Tony if’n I hadn’t gotten checked.

You Fist Fuckers get checked when you get 55 or sooner if colon cancer is in your family history!!!
  12. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    Prayer and good wishes for your mother and family.

Colon cancer is something you can whip if caught soon enough. For me it’s worth the BS of the colonoscopy to KNOW you don’t have to worry about that one anyway.

Butt Check Time!!!
  13. sED8frog

sED8frog Adventurer

Oddometer:
  14. Noworries

Noworries Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    All types on amazon, but they may be to large for your application.
    Screenshot_20191005-121041_Samsung Internet.jpg

DIY Lowes version:

Screenshot_20191005-112207_Samsung Internet.jpg
    20191005_120504.jpg

A mind, it is a terrible thing.:lol3

Some of you older guys will remember that last line with a little more added from an old tv commercial.

PS
    I was going to add :
    paint black so your friends will not know your running plumbing parts on your high end bike, then remembered it's going on a 230.:imaposer
    sED8frog, skid=mark and ZachM1 like this.
  15. SR56

SR56 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks....I like the PVC idea the best. I could pack a little steel wool between the screens if needed and the screens would keep if from going either way. I think it will fit inline between the crankcase vent and the airbox by splicing it into the existing piece of tubing and using a couple hose clamps.

Actually ordered a similar air/oil separator via EBay but the problem is that it is too big to mount anywhere...hence the inline request.

Thanks again...looks like a trip to Lowe's might do it :-).

Heck I used a piece of thick walled PVC last night for a cheater bar on a spanner wrench when adjusting the rear suspension preload on the 500X so you just never know what might come in handy :lol3.
    Noworries likes this.
  16. mjcowan

mjcowan metriccruisermikey

Oddometer:
    Do they still have that gnarly stretch on the ridgetop south of Cheaha?
    It was a little tricky on my road bike about 10 years ago...
  17. mjcowan

mjcowan metriccruisermikey

Oddometer:
  18. YJake

YJake PAR Nation Supporter

Oddometer:
    YUP. :bluduh

-Jake
  19. SR56

SR56 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Absolutely...everybody needs to ride it at least once :-).

I wouldn't recommend doing it on a street bike though, like you said...a little tricky (and rocky) :lol3.

Closest thing to us that resembles a "Mountain" :D.
    sED8frog likes this.
  20. Easyrider 58

Oddometer:
    AST236 and sED8frog like this.