Pensacola area riders

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by XT Thumper, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Madhouse

Madhouse Semi-Goodlookin! Supporter

Oddometer:
  2. Barney

Barney I reckon so

Oddometer:
    It's a lonely path.
    Mugwest, Buzztail, Davebert and 3 others like this.
  3. waysherr

waysherr Behind Bars For Life

Oddometer:
    The 2020 TKO will now be a Word Championship round of the WESS series! Makes for an even better weekend.....especially when combined with a beast trip to the Smokies :bmwrider
  4. waysherr

waysherr Behind Bars For Life

Oddometer:
  5. DoubleJump

DoubleJump You lose 100 percent of the races you never enter.

Oddometer:
    Uhmm...as good as could be expected for not riding in the woods for 2 years prior to a National event. I finished near the back of the B riders. But I finished under power and was able to go to work on Monday and use the stairs (slowly) so overall a personal victory. I compared my time to the C class and would have finished 11th had I used my layoff excuse. I saw Rob Thumper Noob, Mike Jernigan, and Brian Duke working the restart of Test 3. Good Times. Box checked....Got The T-shirt !!!
  6. Hatch

Hatch We're not hitchhiking anymore, we're riding!

Oddometer:
    Congrats on the finish, that's all I ever hoped for at maplesville
    DoubleJump likes this.
  7. Woods Rider

Woods Rider X-Crazed Racing Fool

Oddometer:
    Completing the Gobbler Getter was one of my greatest accomplishments! That is one tough enduro! Then I went back and did the 24 hour race twice......crazy!
    ZachM1, DoubleJump and Hatch like this.
  8. Easyrider 58

Easyrider 58 Control Enthusiast Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm gonna have to wait for my next life for all that...hope I don't come back as a cow.
    ZachM1 and DoubleJump like this.
  9. Woods Rider

Woods Rider X-Crazed Racing Fool

Oddometer:
    It’s a different world now.....10 years later. I’m just thrilled to swim a mile in the pool!
    CAPEHORN 31 and ZachM1 like this.
  10. Space Trucker

Space Trucker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    THANK YOU ! To all our Veterans!!
    gpax, Easyrider 58, skid=mark and 3 others like this.
  11. Davebert

Davebert Too damn serious!

Oddometer:
    +1
    skid=mark and abramsgunner like this.
  12. ineptizoid

ineptizoid I'm scared hold me

Oddometer:
    Happy Veterans Day to all you PAR veterans and thank you for your service!

Thinking about my dad today, and wondering if this’ll be his last Veterans Day...he’s running the last lap of a many-years-long battle with cancer, possibly a result of his Agent Orange exposure but nobody knows for sure. The VA is giving him the benefit of the doubt, which is of course the right thing to do. Gonna call him up in a few minutes and shoot the breeze for a few.

Pvt. Jesse Roberts, Tuy Hoa Vietnam, sometime in the fall of ‘66:
    58E2D3BC-77AE-44E5-A676-F3DC9890BA65.jpeg
  13. bigblueboy

bigblueboy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Inept
    1966. That was the year I was born. Please thank him for me for his sacrifice. I never served it was taught and learned to be thankful for those guys.
    PS thanks for the shots Friday night. Got the wife looking for that apple moonshine. That’s a nice ice breaker for a new guy on someone else’s turf. Thanks you guys are awesome. ADV guys are the best there is.
    Be safe
    Rich
  14. ineptizoid

ineptizoid I'm scared hold me

Oddometer:
    Done!:thumb
    The only thing I brought was my friend Jose Cuervo. That Gatlinburg shine was mighty fine, thanks lapdog! My appreciation goes out to all the other contributors as well: ZachM1 brought the Kraken/Karken, Yjake brought the Elijah Craig, abramsgunner brought the good tequila (Cuervo Tradicional, with salt and limes to boot) (yes I remember that), and I think lapdog may also have brought the Bulleit Rye. I know this—we put a sho nuff hurtin’ on those bottles Friday night. Or did they put a hurtin on us? I always get that confused:dunno
    pkupfer, DoubleJump, lapdog and 5 others like this.
  15. SR56

SR56 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Klim has 35% off all of their Non Current inventory...previous post was removed because I included the link.
  16. blackseven

blackseven Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What's the story with Halls in Crestview being under new management? I bought my Connie there last year and it was an experience. Finance manager did some questionable things with the manufacturers rebates, price of the bike kept changing, salesman told me a bunch of bikes were getting stolen that were purchased there (WTF would you tell a customer that!?). Had to threaten to walk just to get the sale done correctly. I'm assuming this was an on going issue that resulted in a management change, but morbidly curious. Will be in the market for an ATV or UTV soon, not sure I'd give them my business again unless there were major improvements.
    pkupfer likes this.
  17. OrangeGarrett

OrangeGarrett Ride'n With Rupert

Oddometer:
    Your experience with Halls is not unique. Many, including myself, have had their issues with them. Halls is known for listing stupid low prices on website, getting the prospective buyer in the building, dragging out the process, then adding on to the price even when I called them ahead of time to confirm how much money to bring. After a little over an hour and half my patience was shot as I thought I'd walk in, pay some money, load up the 300xcw and be on my way back to Florida from Alabama. The finance mgr clicked on the website page which changed to another page and on that page in very small print at the bottom it stated the add on $$$. When i stood up and said this cluster fuck is over and headed to the front door, the mgr said "you're not gonna find this bike any cheaper". I won't list here what I told him. I drove back to Fl empty handed and angry.

About one year later, same price on website but this time I clicked the secondary page and NO ADD ON's, period. So I called them again to verify bike and price and made the trip back over there where they tried to pull the same BS again but when they clicked to the add on page, there was nothing. I was told that they couldn't sell the bike for that price because they would lose money.

I called Trent (owner) and told him my story and also told him that if he didn't OK the deal as it was listed that his next phone call would be from my lawyer as it was not my fault if they didn't list it correctly. He ok'd the deal at $6900 OTD.

I paid taxes here and had a tag on bike the next day.

I won't say NEVER, but I doubt I'll ever even try to deal with them again. They stuck it in my ass once. I got em back a year later. I consider it even now and think I'll leave them alone.
  18. blackseven

blackseven Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Gotcha, The concours was never a big seller and the price was right. I suspect they used active duty military rebates with Kawasaki on my purchase even though I'm not active duty, based on some of the conversations going on in the finance office. I bet Kawasaki would nail them to the friggin wall if they found out about that ( I have no proof at all unfortunately). They posted a big apology on FB recently, and stated that they're trying to win back business.

upload_2019-11-13_15-34-52.png
    OrangeGarrett likes this.
  19. SR56

SR56 Long timer

Oddometer:
    AND OG is a lot more patient than I am :lol3...I never closed several deals because the price they advertised kept escalating once I walked in the door until it was rediculous. Had similar experiences with Crestview in their current location and in Fort Walton before they moved to Crestview....as well as in Daphne.

Not sure if it is true at all Hall's Motorsports locations but the ones I have dealt with sure make me wonder.

Want a reasonably fair deal with a local shop...Pensacola Motorsports, Adventure Motorsports, and D&D would be my recommendations. All three have some unique peculiarities and you can find lower prices if you are willing to travel but at least they don't seem to deal underhandedly based on the transactions I know about.
  20. artimus_maximus

artimus_maximus Long timer

Oddometer:
    Route 66 in Arizona. 6476F930-6346-43B8-98BB-466373FA1235.jpeg 4CBC4DF8-EACA-459C-977F-35B4CE81F65D.jpeg DA82AD84-590C-44C6-A812-04E9F1F00097.jpeg 2E68A814-4B30-4994-908A-ED3682C41B34.jpeg