Pensacola area riders

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by XT Thumper, Mar 11, 2008.

1. BNCool

BNCool Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    You can stop by the Hall's Ace Hardware in downtown Milton and get a map of Blackwater Forest, which has allllllllllllllll the jeep trails on it.

They are also available at the little store in Harold, Florida. It's located at the intersection of Hwy 90 and Deaton Bridge Rd.
    King of Beers likes this.
  2. King of Beers

King of Beers Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks BNCool! That is exactly what I need, allllllllll the Jeep trails! Looks like it is on the way to the woods.

Anybody have this in PDF form?
  3. ZachM1

ZachM1 I'm a meat popsicle

Oddometer:
  4. BluePill

BluePill AARP Slacker

Oddometer:
    Crazy Guys on Motorcycles.............98 years ago.

skid=mark, lapdog, ineptizoid and 3 others like this.
  5. Hatch

Hatch We're not hitchhiking anymore, we're riding!

Oddometer:
    Link broken
    Is there a georeferenced pdf map of blackwater??
  6. ZachM1

Oddometer:
  7. ZachM1

Oddometer:
    Trying to upload a screenshot again. The app is called Maprika Screenshot_20191205-170736.jpg
    lapdog likes this.
  8. Buzztail

Buzztail Buzztopian OG Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anyone here work on the NAS? 5F42AA2E-A995-4014-BD0D-7D153FF22373.png
  9. Graybush

Graybush I like turtles.

Oddometer:
    Yep. I was scheduled for a late start today and was still at home when it all happened. Don't know anything other than what I've read on WEAR and PNJ.
    Buzztail likes this.
  10. Madhouse

Madhouse Semi-Goodlookin! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Shooter was shot and killed by a Escambia County Sheriffs deputy.

Our own AST236 works for the Escambia County Sheriffs Department as a shooting instructor and other capacities. No way to know if He was directly involved but he will certainly know those officers that are.

Praying Frank and his co workers are OK.
  11. Buzztail

Buzztail Buzztopian OG Supporter

Oddometer:
    Last update I got was 4 dead 8 wounded
  12. Davebert

Davebert Too damn serious!

Oddometer:
    Buzztail likes this.
  13. OrangeGarrett

OrangeGarrett Ride'n With Rupert

Oddometer:

OG-Gimmee > Old cripple bastards report

Gimmee is doing much better (although not great) since getting the infection cleared up. He got all the plastic crap taken out and the new knee put back in, no sign of infection! He's still in a lot of pain (duh) and has had the PT folks at his house every day working the new knee, which causes even more pain but it's gotta get done. He has already made revolutions backwards and now is peddling forward on the bike, something I couldn't do for four months. He should recover completely and start getting back to normal life in the next couple months hopefully. I have witnessed at least 6 people in PT that have had a total knee done and all of them have done very well. I was not a candidate for a total as mine was what they call "grenaded" which is not even a real word I don't think.

OG is doing better also. Fifty six weeks and three surgeries later and I'm still in rehab 4 hours a week. Still working to get back to my "new" normal what ever that's gonna be. I'm very thankful to walk without a limp most of the time, I don't use a cane or crutches ever and although I haven't made a 200 mile ride yet I have made it to just under 190, just can't keep it bent that long yet. Also very very thankful I didn't get addicted to Opioids aka Oxycontin cause I was eating that shit like candy for months, on off then back on it again several times. I'm a lucky guy.
    I had no idea how difficult this past year was gonna be and I'm glad to be getting on the other side of it finally. It has been both a curse and a blessing at the same time. I have learned so much about myself and how I moved through the world. I've been changed physically mentally and emotionally and it's all for the good. Seems the asshole part of me is finally subsiding a little and I've been able to start embracing and accepting the aging process. What a wake up call !!!

Pic was taken pre surgery for Gimmee, hope he's smiling again soon!
    [​IMG]

Feel better SOON brother, everybody is pulling for you!

Hows that for rah rah stuff?

:super:lift:thumbup
    pkupfer, S.Hoppe, Dirtwoman and 19 others like this.
  14. BluePill

BluePill AARP Slacker

Oddometer:
    I'm beginning to think that we need to change the group name to Pensacola AGING Riders.
  15. AST236

AST236 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:

Thanks, buddy. I was one of the first responders.

Kudos to all involved on our team.

Not supposed to happen in our back yard........
    Dirtwoman, sperz1, Ol'Tymer and 15 others like this.
  16. lapdog

lapdog Old Skool

Oddometer:
    Jus gonna put this out there. Does anyone want a 6.5-7' artificial Christmas tree. Honey Bunny upgraded this year to one with the integrated LED lights. Free to a good home (only utilized a couple weeks of the year) almost no visible wear. Post up, call or Pm me if you or somebody you like wants it. Peace, out... (comes with a stand too).
  17. Mugwest

Mugwest .

Oddometer:
    Good work, Frank. The Navy is prolly asking why on-base SPs & contract Navy Police didnt get it under control before ECSO had to come in.

Glad you & team were there :thumb
  18. lapdog

lapdog Old Skool

Oddometer:
    Tree is spoken for... gone... Peace, out...
  19. Space Trucker

Space Trucker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good to get a report from you guys! We will keep y’all in our thoughts and prayers
  20. Easyrider 58

Easyrider 58 Control Enthusiast Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anybody out there have a Harbor Freight motorcycle lift. I enjoyed mine for about 3 until the hydraulic bottle jack crapped out. I scoured the interwebs for a solution to salvage the thing. I landed on this video and successfully converted my lift. In the process, I ended up with an extra 12 ton Harbor Freight air/hydraulic jack exactly like the one in the video. It has a 3/4" steel tube JB Welded to the bottom, like in the video, but other than that, its brand new and good to go. Twenty bucks and it's yours. Let me know if you're interested...
    worncog likes this.