Perfect Squeeze: Off-Road Phone Mount

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Mondo-Hondo, May 10, 2016.

1. StuartV

StuartV Motorcyclist Supporter

Oddometer:
    I definitely don't get that. I have my Galaxy Note 8 mounted in the PS using the low profile handlebar mount, and it is solid as a rock (with just 2 or 3 clicks past where I can just flip/twist the phone into place in the holder).
  2. Gargantuan

Gargantuan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    R1200GSW, iPhone X, no case - which setup would work best for me? Thanks in advance!
  3. cug

cug Out riding ... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Received my low profile bar clamp today, bought because I was told here I could mount a RAM cradle to it. Sorry, no worky. It's useless for this. Wasted time and money and back to RAM mounts. So far, the whole endeavor, from the clamp to the actual mount has been less than stellar. Over-engineered stuff that's cumbersome and for some cases plain doesn't work.

I'm switching back to a phone specific RAM mount for the phone as well, less cumbersome, faster, easier.
  4. KayDubbya

KayDubbya Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    @cug Sorry to hear that as it hasn't been my experience at all. The only RAM mount I've had any success with is their finger style mount and the side "adjustable" arms get in the way of something on the phone no matter what position I've put them in. The Perfect Squeeze on the other hand has been bomb proof since I got it. The addition of the Buzz-Kill mount solved the vibration/screen problem on both my big thumpers. I just came back from 2 weeks on pavement and off and had no issues. On my Husky, off road, a couple of clicks holds it tight enough no matter what sort of crash or bumps I'm dealing with and it still just lifts out with minimal effort when I'm done. My only regret is not having ordered the low-profile clamp when I originally purchased it (shipping to Canada is ridiculously expensive for a small item), but I solved that by mickey-mousing my own mounting plate.
  5. cug

Oddometer:
    That's good for you. I use these:

https://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-HOL-AP18U

They are great, there is no way a phone would come out, and it's super quick to use. I wasn't planning on using my iPhone X on the handlebars anyways, but use an old iPhone 6 for music and radar detector apps. The good thing there is that it also has TouchID which is much more convenient with a helmet on ... so, many benefits and I wanted to get rid on the Perfect Squeeze anyways.
  6. KayDubbya

KayDubbya Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for that. Unfortunately without a Buzz-kill type adapter that mount would kill my phone from the vibrations in a couple of minutes. The trouble with singles I guess.
  7. cug

Oddometer:
    Possibly.
  8. Brutalguyracing

Brutalguyracing Long timer

Oddometer:
    i too could pick my bike off the ground after a few clicks in any mode
    you may have something very wrong with your mount
    my phone and mount become one
  9. DirtJack

DirtJack Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I would call and talk with Mondo-Hondo. Something is wrong with your unit. My Perfect Squeeze and Big Squeeze are used on/off road on all three of my bikes using RAM ball mounts and cases for an iPhone 6 or iPad mini. No issues. I do use the vibration damper for phones on my 701 because it has some vibes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. hennikerjd

hennikerjd I am Jack's wasted life

Oddometer:
    Something is wrong with yours or you've assembled it wrong, contact the vendor. I have one on my TX300 ridden in hard enduro terrain. I have full on body slammed the phone and it didn't come out of the mount.
  11. HandCanonShootr

HandCanonShootr Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    My S7 Active is in a Pelican, and is gripped tightly with a perfect squeeze been there solid thru quite a few offroad adventures on my S10 (dirt-naps), as well as Freeway get-offs. Phone has never moved, sometimes my glasses or helmet rattled from rough terrain, but (as with prev S5 active/multiple cases) zero issues. Even pops off easily, and into pocket when leaving bike for service.

I'll buy one again, if I forget to remove when I sell the S10.
    pretty sure its been almost 2 years.

Mike B
  12. Chrismcp12

Chrismcp12 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    iPhone 6 and a bodyglove case.... it's not moving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  13. karter18

karter18 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a GSW 2017 and have used the Perfect Squeeze with two mounts. I had a RAM X-Mount with the RAM ball mounted on one of the fork bolts. I used the perfect squeeze with their RAM mount adapter and it worked well. I did worry about theft so I ordered the Buzz Kill and mounted the Perfect squeeze handlebar mount with some adhesive closed cell foam to protect the handlebar finish this mounts to the Buzz Kill and then the Perfect squeeze. I put this on the right of the handlebar clamp and the phone is very visible and does not obstruct the gauges or NAV. I also run an adapter plug into the powerlet with USB's to charge the phone while riding. I think this set-up is more secure for the mount as my bike sits outside a lot of the day.

One thing I like about the Perfect Squeeze is that it works much better than the X mount with the iPhone side buttons as you have a lot more leeway in how high you mount the phone.
  14. Zubb

Zubb he went that-a-way... Supporter

Oddometer:
    I noticed that when I use my 'naked' iPhoneX, it takes a few more turns of the knob to get it held solid. It felt like I was putting a ton of pressure on the phone to get it secure. When I put a case on the phone, it takes less cranking on the knob (less pressure) to get it solid.
    Probably because phones are pretty slick until you put a case on them.
  15. karter18

karter18 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's like Apple made them really slick so that more people drop them and need replacements.
  16. StuartV

StuartV Motorcyclist Supporter

Oddometer:
    My Note 8 is pretty slick. I don't use any kind of case. I put it in the PS, tighten 3 clicks, and it is in there very solid!
  17. Zubb

Zubb he went that-a-way... Supporter

Oddometer:
    I may be a little overprotective, since the reason I bought the PS is my new iPhoneX flew off my X-grip at 70+mph recently.
  18. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Loving mine, incredible design & no vibs.
    Perfect to use Rever & Osmand on my bike.

I put a ram ball & arm on the buzz-kill so I can quickly move to my other bikes, that have a ram ball mounted too.

20180703_152310.jpg 20180703_152337.jpg
    GAS GUY likes this.
  19. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Oh this design clamps down like a gorilla.
    Much better than other ones I've used.

The tappered grip arms and sticky rubber base plate is the key. Your phone pulls downwards in the base and then base plate keeps it from ever moving out sideways from the mount.

You control how much tension your phone needs via the knob. Brilliant design!
  20. muddyrabbit

muddyrabbit Lost Boy

Oddometer:
    I have 2 of these, bought them when they first launched. Use them on the Tiger 800, KTM 690 SSAT, mountain bikes, and road bicycles. The grip is so tight you can lift my mountain bike by it.

If someone is having a problem with a Perfect Squeeze not gripping a phone, or the clamp not gripping the bars they are most likely doing something wrong.

Due to the fact I swap these between bikes quite often I needed a couple replacment screws and the portrait orientation adapter that was not included with the original units. Communication with Hondo was excellent, and they squared my order when they realized I hadn't actually ordered what I needed. Super helpful. I should really buy a couple more...
    karter18 likes this.