Perfect Squeeze: Off-Road Phone Mount

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Mondo-Hondo, May 10, 2016.

1. schaffer40

schaffer40 I look lived in.....

Oddometer:
    Love those GFC Campers. Wish I had a Tacoma to put one on!
  2. Extorris

Extorris Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looking at the site it looks like for a single cylinder bike I would need the Perfect Squeeze mount, a Buzz-Kill, and a portrait adapter plate. Is that correct?
  3. StuartV

StuartV Motorcyclist Supporter

Oddometer:
    I THINK the way it comes now you don't need to purchase a portrait adapter plate separately.
  4. crk

crk hello there Supporter

Oddometer:
    I use my phone in portrait mode and I don't use an adapter, just the mount as is.
  5. Extorris

Extorris Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks.
  6. vt700guy

vt700guy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just wanted to drop a note here about the excellent service I got from Hondo Garage. I ordered a mount for my 2017 Tacoma and due to a machine break down they were unable to get my part before my upcoming trip. Not a problem as she is sending me a blemished mount for free in order to have one here before my trip and will send a new one when they are available.

If you are on the fence about who to order your mount for a bike, boat, vehicle, etc. I would highly recommend Hondo Garage/Perfect Squeeze.
    Davethestick and typeamark like this.
  7. JohnnyWaffles

JohnnyWaffles Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Received and installed my mount over the weekend. Absolutely blown away by the engineering and quality of the mount. Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread because that is what pushed me to purchase one. Thanks to Hondo Garage for the continued forum discount as well!

Here is my installation thread on a 2013 KTM 990 Adventure for those that it applies to:
    https://advrider.com/index.php?thre...-on-990-adventure.466772/page-4#post-35440879
    Eatmore Mudd likes this.
  8. chopfather

chopfather Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm extremely happy with my purchase of the perfect squeeze mount for my Ural. I took a 800 mile weekend trip right after installation of the mount and never worried about my phone.
  9. Pjammer

Pjammer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can anyone give me a measurement of the total height of the Perfect Squeeze, and the Buzz-kill together?

Newly on a 690 this year, from a Tiger 955, and want to protect the phones internals as much as possible, so am considering adding a Buzz-kill.

I'd like to keep my total mount as short as possible, to stay a bit protected, and am using the shortest Ram arm available right now.

I've had my Perfect Squeeze for 2 full seasons so far, and will not use another mount again. Very happy customer here
  10. OutRecording

OutRecording Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’m lookin for a new phone mount and have a couple questions about the perfect squeeze.

How long does it take to remove your phone from it and can it be done with your gloves on? (Say if you want to snap a quick pic and be on your way)

Most pictures I see show the phone mounted horizontally. Can it be mounted vertically?

Thanks!
  11. KayDubbya

KayDubbya Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Removal takes about 1 second with gloves on. About the same without. Mount can be attached in both portrait and landscape mode, depending to some degree on your mounting situation (ram ball, bar clamp, GPS mount) etc. A separate portrait adapter used to be optional, but my understanding is it's now part of the standard package, if you order the low profile bar clamps.
    OutRecording likes this.
  12. karter18

karter18 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    OutRecording likes this.
  13. OutRecording

OutRecording Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great, thanks guys! I’ve been using the X-mount for a few years and it’s mostly been fine but lost my phone yesterday in some tight single track. Luckily I found it but took a while. Will be getting a new phone soon and want to make sure I won’t lose it.

I’ve got a ram ball mounted already. So looks like this will connect seemlessly.

Thanks for the answers.
  14. karter18

Oddometer:
    You may want to consider the buzz kill if your on single track. Pretty unique vibration isolator.
  15. 2 SPOT

2 SPOT bring the rape whistle

Oddometer:
    naww, old tech,, i'm sure he's been using it for 20yrs in his film buisiness
    Eatmore Mudd likes this.
  16. karter18

Oddometer:
    Probably so, as I am a film noob so the buzz kill type is definitely new to me. Works great at keeping the phone in place over the rough stuff.
  17. DirtMedic

DirtMedic Intrepid Explorer

Oddometer:
  18. StuartV

StuartV Motorcyclist Supporter

Oddometer:
    I don't know about using the release button. I only ever use the wheel. Roll it off about 3 clicks and pop the phone out.

I start by adjusting it so I can just barely put the phone in (without feeling like I'm forcing it). Then I tighten the wheel 3 clicks. Thus, to remove, just untighten the wheel 3 clicks and the phone comes right out.

The way my phone goes in (portrait mode), reaching the release button would be difficult anyway.
    Eatmore Mudd likes this.
  19. karter18

Oddometer:
    I use the wheel as well. I thought the button was for larger adjustments like putting a different phone in, etc. It seems to have too much tension on it when loaded so the wheel is the way to go for phone tightening and releasing.
    Eatmore Mudd likes this.
  20. Brutalguyracing

Brutalguyracing Long timer

Oddometer:
    I too have only used the wheel
    The button is just for big or initial adjustments
    Eatmore Mudd likes this.