Perfect Squeeze: Off-Road Phone Mount

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Mondo-Hondo, May 10, 2016.

1. Mondo-Hondo

Mondo-Hondo Delusional, but very excited

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear the mount is getting lots of use! As for Go Fast Campers, you could say I'm working with them :) I started the company and do all the product design/development. Needless to say that project really took off. We're building ten campers per week and can't keep up with demand.
    geoduch likes this.
  2. Mondo-Hondo

Oddometer:
    The updated version is just thinner and doesn't have the bottom dovetail. The "new" version just uses the dovetail on the portrait adapter for both orientations. Everything else is the same.
  3. TrailDust&SaddleLthr

TrailDust&SaddleLthr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    More kudos for Hondo-Garage...

Not only does the company designs and manufactures First Class Products, their Customer Service is also First Class!

I can personally attest that their customers are First and Foremost to them because the Owners actually called me... on Labor Day no less!!! They wanted to follow-up on an email I had sent them regarding my set-up and walked me through the process every step of the way, going above and beyond!.... Saying that I was most impressed is an understatement!

Thank you again sooo much A and W! You two are AWESOME!

Keep up the great work!
    bugzilla and Mondo-Hondo like this.
  4. okiegtrider

okiegtrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Been eyeballing a perfect squeeze for ages now. Pulled the trigger and ordered this morning. Looking forward to it. :clap
  5. Jbrowning

Jbrowning Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Have put about 700+ miles on the mount so far with no issues, but had a wire slip out of the Buzz-Kill today. I didn't double tighten these screws like the others, which I also loctited.

Managed to slide it back in while in the field, but gonna have to break down the mount to check the torque on the clamp screw. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
  6. Sl33p3

Sl33p3 still waking up... Supporter

Oddometer:
    I fought that for 4 days on the idbdr.
  7. Mondo-Hondo

Oddometer:
    We’ve had this happen to a few of the buzz kills. We think it’s related to a change in the wire coating from our supplier. If anyone has an issue with it send us an email. We’re working on a fix and want to get any affected units out of circulation.
    AdamChandler, Jbrowning and typeamark like this.
  8. Mr Head

Mr Head Adventure Hippie Supporter

Oddometer:
    I had some weird thing showing up on the screen of my iPhone 6 while on my last ride of 4,300 miles. Zero issues with the Perfect Squeeze I have.
    I do have a photo case from SmugMug around my phone and a hard screen protector.
    The weirdness I saw on my screen may have been something at the edge of the screen protector. I don't see it anymore since I've been home.
    [​IMG]
  9. Sl33p3

Oddometer:
    Sorry Mondo, I should have added, "...and they fixed it" I haven't put the new one through the same rigor, but I am optimistic.
    geoduch likes this.
  10. Jbrowning

Jbrowning Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah they really are a great company. They reached out to me and are offering a fix once they fully solve the issue.

That kind of customer service is phenomenal. So glad I went with this mount.
    WVhillbilly and clapped_r6 like this.
  11. Sl33p3

Oddometer:
    Agreed, I sent them an email letting them know I observed that weakness, they responded right back with "you are not the first, confirm your address and we'll send you a new one ASAP (fix was in fab)"... I have received and installed since. No 8 day 1k mile of dirt road torture test again yet for me.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  12. okiegtrider

okiegtrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    First ride yesterday with the perfect squeeze. This thing works oh so well. I should have purchased years ago. :baldy

[​IMG]
    vt700guy likes this.
  13. GucciKit

GucciKit Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any news of a South African dealer ?
  14. Wultan

Wultan n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi guys, don't see the buzz kill add-to-cart option.
  15. foo

foo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It's off the market while they iron out some issues. Should be back on in a week or so, they advised.
  16. Stevevh

Stevevh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Another happy camper with the perfect squeeze. Survived 3 days getting beat up in the NM back country. Very well engineered piece of kit!!
  17. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b

Oddometer:
    My buzz-kill failed as well. Fast response time over email and I'm on the list for a replacement. no complaints here!

Edit: My fix was to remove the buzz-kill and attach the iPhone directly to the handle-bars of my thumper. 200 miles later (in one day), my iPhone's camera stopped working. It's only 2 weeks old (iPhone XS). Apple replaced it under warranty but the buzz-kill absolutely allowed this and my last iPhone 8+ to work flawlessly without issues. It's not snake-oil.
    Jbrowning likes this.
  18. Mr Head

Mr Head Adventure Hippie Supporter

Oddometer:
    4,300 miles on my last ride; interstate, rain, hail, mud, gravel, dirt and bulldust, and my crappy old iPhone 6S was fine with being snuggled by a Perfect Squeeze on the dash of my 990R.
    No drops, nothing but a grip that works.
    I'm pretty sure a hamfisted gorrila could mash any phone using one, but us engineers have known for a long time that the gorilla is the problem.

My phone did fall out of my tankbag once when I forgot to completely zip the bag shut.
  19. MikeCMP

MikeCMP Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wanted to mention that I have had a perfect squeeze for quite some time now, thousands of miles and zero problems. One day I went for a ride without a phone in the holder and saw when I came back I was missing a rubber finger. I emailed Hondo and offered to buy the parts since I believe it had been almost 2 years. They actually sent me the replacement for free along with an extra, which was awesome, and recommended I lock tight the others, I think lock tight is something they do now but mine was not.

Their customer service was awesome, cannot recommend enough. To top it off I used the mount on my XR400 and have run some rough trails and roads, and the Perfect Squeeze held my phone no trouble at all.

Thanks for the worry free phone mount! Based on my experience 2 of my riding buddy's bought one :)

Mike
    Mondo-Hondo and Mr Head like this.
  20. Mondo-Hondo

Oddometer:
    We'll be sending out a few new and improved Buzz-Kill vibration dampers for final testing this coming week. If those tests go well the Buzz-Kill will be back on the market in two weeks. And just to be clear we haven't had any problems with the Perfect Squeeze or Big Squeeze phone and tablet mounts. Just the Buzz-Kill vibration damper. So if any of you have a Buzz-Kill that the wires came loose on, We'll replace it with the new design free of charge once they're ready. Best way to get on that list is to email mission-support@hondogarage.com