Perfect Squeeze: Off-Road Phone Mount

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Mondo-Hondo, May 10, 2016.

1. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    That's cool. Charging is the red headed step child of phone use on the bike. This seems like a good solution except for how damn fat that puck is. Maybe, @Mondo-Hondo can supply these longer screws for some of us that don't have as skilled friends as you do? My perfect squeeze is one of the originals when it first came out. Hint hint
    AdamChandler likes this.
  2. Tortuga353

Tortuga353 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well I didn't wait on answers and just went for it. I ordered the perfect squeeze with ram ball. Plan on using a gopro handlebar mount with ram ball attachment and shortest double ball ram arm. I did not get the buzz-kill, but I have insurance on my phone and if I burn one then I'll look into it more. I figure rubber around bar plus the ram balls will provide some dampening and I think I'll only use the mount for longer trips. I liked the gopro mounts because now I have camera, phone, and light mounting systems I can use and it is easy to find/3d print gopro mount devices. I also already have gopro mounts on all my bikes and helmets.
  3. Mondo-Hondo

Mondo-Hondo Delusional, but very excited

Oddometer:
    We're working on an adapter for the MotoPowerPuck. Will bolt right on to an existing Perfect Squeeze. Sort of the same approach but no welding required :) Still in the testing phase but stay tuned:

(gripper posts not shown in this image)

Screen Shot 2019-02-10 at 6.59.34 PM.png
  4. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
  5. Gildus

Gildus Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you have a single cylinder bike, get the buzzkill...your phone will thank you.
    karter18 likes this.
  6. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    My iPhone XS died after one 4 hour ride on my Beta 500 w/ just the Perfect Squeeze w/o the buzzkill. well died isn't true. The camera basically stopped working. $1200 phone dead so yes, absolutely true. the buzzkill is required for anyone on a single.
    karter18 likes this.
  7. Tortuga353

Oddometer:
    Yep my phone died after a 4 hour ride. I confirm as well. Oh well guess I have to buy the buzzkill. I was trying to avoid it because I didn’t want the ~1.5” raise on the phone. Oh well I’ll figure it out.
    iPhone XS Max
    typeamark likes this.
  8. Tortuga353

Oddometer:
    So I bought the Buzzkill and I'm just curious what my confidence level should be this will save my next phone? I'm using a go pro handlebar mount to a ram ball on a go pro base that says RAM on it. There is a decent bit of movement/oscillation with this set-up and I thought that movement would help absorb the shock but I guess it shook it to death. I believe this movement is due to the go pro mount ram ball not have a rubber plug to lock the clip like most go pro mounts. Will this Buzzkill resolve this? Do I have to change mounts..uggh at this point I should have just bought a dedicated GPS.

I would just get the claw, but I want to be able to change orientation without tools and from what I see this requires changing the orientation of the plate.
    [​IMG] upload_2019-2-26_8-48-53.jpeg [​IMG]
  9. KayDubbya

KayDubbya Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The Buzz Kill works. I have a 650 GS single and rode from BC to Flagstaff AZ and back with my phone in the PS w/BK. No issues. Without it my last phone had the camera stabilization system go bezerk and couldn't take photos.
    AdamChandler, karter18 and I82l8 like this.
  10. DutchTerror

DutchTerror Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is the Buzzkill required if you're planning on using a RAM mount with rubber balls? I'm planning on running it mostly on my Goldwing, but it will get moved over to the XR650L and Super Enduro as needed. Thanks!

ETA, Is Paypal not an option?
  11. KayDubbya

KayDubbya Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Might be overkill if you're already using a RAM mount. A Goldwing doesn't suffer from the vibration that a big single does so you're probably fine. If you switch it to the XR you will need it though.
  12. blown7.3lps

blown7.3lps Brian

Oddometer:
    ordered on the 9th, came in today :) 20190316_113554.jpg

Ready to do some riding :)
  13. Gildus

Gildus Long timer

Oddometer:
    High confidence...same vibration isolator wire-mount tech used to protect high end camera equipment during vehicle shoots.

upload_2019-3-16_22-57-44.png
    Tortuga353 likes this.
  14. karter18

karter18 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Buzz kill is $39.00 and new phone or fixing your phone is quite a bit more so I say go for it. I ordered it a while ago and it works great to still use the phone in the mount like to open my garage door, etc. I mainly use the phone on a GS but got the buzz kill to move the mount from bike to bike.
    KneeDrachen likes this.
  15. blown7.3lps

blown7.3lps Brian

Oddometer:
    Is the buzz kill overkill for use on a 2008 r1200gs? So far I Mounting the tablet mount to the BK, then BK to the ram 1'' ball the phone has an a lot of play at the BK. Probably just safe with ram ball straight to the tablet mount or tablet mount to the low profile bar clamp? I want to protect my company phone, would rather not mess up the camera on it. S8+ in a Otter box currently. PS and tablet mount both hold the phone perfectly otherwise :)
  16. Mondo-Hondo

Mondo-Hondo Delusional, but very excited

Oddometer:
    In general, the Buzz-Kill is not needed on most multi-cylinder bikes unless it's a model that happens to be known for excessive engine vibration. So you should be just fine without it on the BMW. Besides, the Buzz-Kill isn't rated for use with the Big Squeeze tablet mount or a tablet. Even if you just have a phone in the Big Squeeze, the mount itself is too heavy for the Buzz-Kill to properly damp. The Buzz-Kill was only designed to be used with the Perfect Squeeze phone mount. If there's enough demand for using a tablet on single-cylinder bikes, we might make one though :)
    bugzilla likes this.
  17. TrailDust&SaddleLthr

TrailDust&SaddleLthr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi!

I had emailed Adrienne a few months ago and suggested that the clamp be knurled on the inside, so it would have a teeth-like profile as to "bite" the bar, thus eliminating any rotating/slipping issue.

Your thoughts?
  18. CBRNE

CBRNE Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Mondo-Hondo,
    Received the perfect squeeze and low mount. This is art and function.
    Davethestick and Mondo-Hondo like this.
  19. ternus

ternus Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    @Mondo-Hondo Any idea when this will be available? It's exactly what I'm looking for.
    bugzilla likes this.
  20. DockingPilot

DockingPilot Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer:
    Im waiting on this next evolution of the Perfect Squeeze mount myself.
    surferbum likes this.