Perfect Squeeze: Off-Road Phone Mount

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Mondo-Hondo, May 10, 2016.

1. surferbum

surferbum Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Relocated to Scottsdale, AZ from SF Bay area
    Here's what Wiley told me -

1. Remove the gripper posts if the post comes off the set screw, remove the set screw as well. Usually the post and the screw come off together. They're loc-tited on so you may need to use pliers, which is why the upgrade comes with new posts.
    2. Install the bottom adapter first (the one without the puck) by threading the two allen bolts preinstalled in the adapter into the now empty gripper post holes. We recommend a tiny amount of blue loc-tite on the screw. You can get an allen key in there without removing the new gripper posts. Just tighten them a little past snug, no need to make them extra tight. The larger radius curve goes toward the puck, the smaller radius toward the click wheel.
    Install the puck holder the same way.

When wiring it up, the charger needs a 12v input. red is positive and black is negative (reversing the polarity can damage the puck). Don't cut off the small voltage reducer at the end of the cord. We recommend wiring this to an ignition-switched circuit so you don't drain the battery over time.

Note- you need to remove this unneeded plate that is attached to the power puck.

IMG_4207.jpg IMG_4206.jpg IMG_4209.jpg
    Brutalguyracing likes this.
  2. Mondo-Hondo

Mondo-Hondo Delusional, but very excited

Oddometer:
  3. Power Band Junkie

Power Band Junkie Son of a Novice

Oddometer:
    I'm loving the perfect squeeze that I bought down-under, just wondering if this connection is plug in, or hardwired? I've had issues with plug in connections becoming sloppy and failing over time.

Perfect squeeze.png

Thanks again for a rock solid product. Over 30,000kms of abuse of my 950 and not once has my phone even looked like popping out.
  4. CoastieAM

CoastieAM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    As the partner wireless charging tech I’ll hop in here. The nub you pointed out is a strain relief that is directly molded to the cable jacket. The terminals are soldered directly to the board and have withstood more than 35k miles in a year without the solder breaking. The new Juiced Squeeze is by far the most robust wireless charging mount out there!
  5. Power Band Junkie

Power Band Junkie Son of a Novice

Oddometer:
    Fantastic, you were my next port of call if the HondoGarage guys were uncertain. Thanks very much.
  6. Fosters

Fosters Loner

Oddometer:
    Just received mine and mounted it up to my bike...didn’t hard wire it but went with a right angled Powerlet plug to the dash outlet...
    Wrapped the excesss wire around the tft and I’m good to go

Thanks guys
  7. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    I hate being a whiner. Just feedback is all. Nothing more.
    I ordered a juicer for my perfect squeeze I've had since they came out. About 10min after ordering, I noticed the powerpuck guys offered adv 10% off, and emailed to ask if you'd credit that. Fair enough it seems.
    Never heard from you and juicer took 3 or 4 days to ship. It's here and all's well, but communication goes along way even if it's to politely explain that I can piss off:lol3

Great product, and constructive criticism is all. File this where you see fit.

Cheers:thumb
  8. srob3

srob3 Grasshopper

Oddometer:
    image.jpg I have used the perfect squeeze for about a year, functions well. I want to put it on the ural but the speedo is hard to work around. Do you have mounting suggestion?

Thanks
    Sid
  9. Fosters

Fosters Loner

Oddometer:
    Ram ball mounted to handlebars left or right of speedo add 1” ram couple and mount up perfect squeeze
    WVhillbilly and JohnnyWaffles like this.
  10. DockingPilot

DockingPilot Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer:
    Anyone else having trouble viewing their phone while in the Buzz Kill ?
    Mine wobbles so much Iit makes being able to navigate on the phone nearly impossible.
  11. TrailDust&SaddleLthr

TrailDust&SaddleLthr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Zero issue for me!
  12. DockingPilot

DockingPilot Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer:
    Thats good to hear.
    What phone you using and off road ?
  13. Tortuga353

Tortuga353 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I actually think mine is easier to read with the buzzkill. I used it without and my phone was basically blurry it was wiggling so much. The buzzkill seems to slow it down or absorb that motion to make a clearer image. Go pro to ram ball mount on with an XS Max for me. Better on or off-road.

** The go pro ram ball has some play so maybe that is a factor that helps since it is not as ridged like most mounts.
  14. Brutalguyracing

Brutalguyracing Long timer

Oddometer:
    What thread pitch are the bolts for the buzzkill mount
    I can say they are not 5x.08 x10
    Anyone
    Wish they would of come with 8 bolts to mount it
  15. Mondo-Hondo

Mondo-Hondo Delusional, but very excited

Oddometer:
    The mounting holes are 10-32 thread. We supply two bolts for use with the diamond ram balls we sell. You can use the rectangular 4-hole ram balls but 4 bolts is overkill for mounting.
  16. Brutalguyracing

Brutalguyracing Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thank you
    Trying it with a good unit
  17. levain

Oddometer:
    Anybody using the juicer with a Galaxy S7 Active?

Normally, I have to have the phone just so to miss the buttons on the mounting pegs. The juicer works great to keep the phone charged, but the only location has the power button fully depressed and under pressure from the arms on the mount. I don't know if this is going to cause any long term damage to the phone. @CoastieAM @Mondo-Hondo
  18. Tijuana_Taxi

Tijuana_Taxi Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Would moving one of phone grabbing pegs to one of the open holes work? I had to do that with the Juicer for my old Motorola so it didn't push on the buttons.

IMG_20190629_041350.jpg
    levain and Fosters like this.
  19. levain

Oddometer:
    Thank you for not making me feel like a complete idiot:lol3 IMG_20190629_073836.jpg IMG_20190629_073841.jpg
    Tijuana_Taxi likes this.
  20. CoastieAM

CoastieAM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    levain and Fosters like this.