Perfect Squeeze: Off-Road Phone Mount

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Mondo-Hondo, May 10, 2016.

1. ckindt

ckindt Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm so glad I read this! Now I don't have to be bothered with Bixby auto activating every minute on my note8. :doh 20190629_132236res.jpg
    dragos likes this.
  2. bigtodd

bigtodd Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer:
    As an early tester of the Perfect Squeeze I was glad to report on how easy it was to mount to any of my bikes but more importantly how secure my phone or iPod was when mounted. In all honesty, didn't really use it that much as all my bikes were set up for Garmin GPS unit(s) and my phone was a pure distraction I was trying to avoid when riding.

Enter a new "to me" KTM 1290 and the need to start the farkle process. When I got to the GPS and wiring up the mount on my list I remembered having a Perfect Squeeze sitting in a tool box drawer. A couple quick adjustments and my iPhone XR is now serving as my GPS and music player (still refuse to take a call while on the bike) on my daily commute and several 2 up rides.

My test unit is every bit as GREAT as it was on my initial testing a few years ago. Keep up the good work Hondo!

[​IMG]
    Rich Rider likes this.
  3. PowerT

PowerT Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Has anyone used the handlebar mount on an Aprilia Caponord? aprilia_caponord_dash.jpeg
  4. ben416

ben416 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any chance there is a Juicer with fast charge 10watt output coming down the road? I'm looking at getting this version of the phone mount for my Rally and was thinking about the Juicer upgrade down the road, but would wait for the wireless upgrade if a fast charge version was in the pipelines for later on.

https://www.motostuff.com/perfect-squeeze-phone-mount-for-crf-250-rally.html
  5. Smackit

Smackit Life Is Good Supporter

Oddometer:
    I asked some specifics about the Juicer a while ago and haven't heard anything so far. I don't think it's worth the price without quick charge / fast charge support, and I'm a little skeptical about using wireless charging in an outdoor environment due to the heat. I'd put an on/off switch on it so you can turn off charging when the temperatures soar in the mid-day. Even with wired charging, I don't let the phone charge all day on the bike. I have a Tasker script that tells me when the battery is at 90% and I turn off the charger. The script then tells me when it reached 55% and I turn it back on. Heat is the battery killer, and it's fairly well debated that your phone battery will last longer if you keep its state of charge between 50-80% instead of keeping it at 100% all the time. Remember, when you're on the bike, the phone is subjected to higher outdoor temps + direct sunlight. Couple that with bluetooth music streaming, heavy GPS activity, and constant signal searching for networks and you will see the phone is usually running very hot.
  6. ben416

ben416 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Some good points there. The phone I have is rated to 80ºC but that doesn't mean the battery likes it. My plan was to put the phone on at a full charge and hope it has enough output to keep satisfy the phones needs without bringing the battery under 100%. My concern is that 5watt wireless output + efficiency losses might not be enough to prevent battery drain if GPS is on and screen brightness is up high. Think I'll just stick to using a USB cable for the time being.
  7. Tijuana_Taxi

Tijuana_Taxi Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I run my older Motorola Droid at 100% brightness and GPS app running constantly and the charge outpaces the drain.
    simestd likes this.
  8. ben416

ben416 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's good to hear!
  9. De-Silva

De-Silva Been around a while....

Oddometer:
    Order Placed just now - cant wait to get it! Heading out on a trip on the 18th, so hopefully will have it by then! :clap

Thanks Hondo Garage!!
  10. ben416

ben416 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just what I was looking for.

Attached Files:

AdamChandler likes this.
  11. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've been running a phone as my main gps for 6 years+. Charging has always been the issue. It really sucks.
    The juicer slowly charges my phone now, rain is no longer an issue or vibration killing a charging port. If you use a dedicated phone for gps, this is the holy grail. I could care less about fast charge
  12. huguesfrederic

huguesfrederic HF

Oddometer:
    Just received mine. Will install soon and let you know.
  13. Eidolon600

Eidolon600 n00b

Oddometer:
    I've been trying to get a hold of someone at Hondo for a while now to sort out a missing package, but to no avail. For those of you who've been in email or Facebook contact with them before, how long did it take them to get back to you?

Not pointing fingers or blaming anyone. I do appreciate it's the height of Summer. One month later, though, my patience is wearing thin.
  14. DockingPilot

DockingPilot Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer:
    Same situation here.
  15. Eidolon600

Eidolon600 n00b

Oddometer:
    Brilliant :baldy
  16. CoastieAM

CoastieAM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I know that they are in the middle of a shop move to increase production due to an increase in sales. Patience is key here as I’m sure they are up to their eyes in logistics to get the new operation setup and back to the standards of operation! Hondo Garage is a great group and are trying their hardest to deliver stellar products!
  17. Eidolon600

Eidolon600 n00b

Oddometer:
    Do you have any insight into the status of that shop move? I've waited for a month already, and it's money out of my pocket for a product that I'm yet to receive. Not getting any feedback or information from Hondo at all is getting quite frustrating.
  18. Mondo-Hondo

Mondo-Hondo Delusional, but very excited

Oddometer:
    Shop is all moved and up and running. Adrienne will be getting back to all the emails tomorrow. However, the oldest unshipped order I am showing we have right now is from July 16, which is definitely less than a month old. If you DM me your order number I can look into it for you.
    Eatmore Mudd likes this.
  19. Eidolon600

Eidolon600 n00b

Oddometer:
    Awesome, thanks. The order has been shipped out but has gone missing somewhere along the way. Thanks for the help - I'll DM you right away.
  20. Fenianbastard

Fenianbastard Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Princeton (the center of liberal hell in NJ)
    It appears to be a great product and came pretty quickly, but the instructions on how build different parts of it could be better.
    geoduch likes this.