Perfect Squeeze: Off-Road Phone Mount

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Mondo-Hondo, May 10, 2016.

1. rider1150gsadv

rider1150gsadv Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have been looking for a phone mount for months and after looking at all the options, I just ordered a Juiced Squeeze and RAM ball. Order #4058
    Eatmore Mudd likes this.
  2. jonz

jonz Miles are my mantra Supporter

Oddometer:
    CA dez (it's a dry heat)/West Yellowstone,MT
    I'm going to order a Perfect Squeeze with the handlebar clamp and I'd like to order a second power line with the quick disconnect for another moto so I can swap it back and forth between the two. But I don't see a way to order that on the website. How do I order that? Or am I just missing it on the website.
  3. jonz

jonz Miles are my mantra Supporter

Oddometer:
    CA dez (it's a dry heat)/West Yellowstone,MT
    knock knock knock, anyone home?
  4. rider1150gsadv

rider1150gsadv Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just give them a call. Adrienne is quite responsive to emails also. Just received my order yesterday.
    Eatmore Mudd likes this.
  5. Jamie Z

Jamie Z I'm serious. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Holy crap, you're not kidding. I've got a bar on the dash of my CB500X, but it's 1/2" diameter. I found the BikePenR mount:

bikepenr-crf13.jpg

It's very pretty, but when I messaged the USA distributor, he said it's just under $180!

I like this solution better than the Perfect Squeeze bar clamp, but man... $180?

Jamie
  6. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    That looks like a nice piece.
    Having said that, the bar clamp on my Perfect Squeeze has been in place since I got it and has never slipped.

Did lose one of the fingers on the phone mount because I forgot to lock tite it :shog
    Eatmore Mudd likes this.
  7. NickBee

NickBee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can you mount a ram ball directly on the "back" of a buzz kill? Is it just the standard ball mount with two mounting holes?

Thanks!
  8. 2N2OUT

2N2OUT Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A big shout out to the Adrienne at Hondo garage. I lost the screw for my perfect squeeze. I owned up and told her I lost it and she's shipping a replacement, no questions asked... I love supporting small businesses.
    AdamChandler and Mondo-Hondo like this.
  9. TrailDust&SaddleLthr

TrailDust&SaddleLthr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I can vouch for Adrienne and Hondo Garage! A++++++++++++++++++++++ every step of the way! Great folks, Top of the Line products and 110% Customer Support... even on a Sunday! I had an issue getting my Perfect Squeeze to tighten... I called, they called me right back and told me how to do it... I had a piece reversed... duh! I will buy from Hondo Garage again for my next bike! I give them my highest recommendation to anyone!
  10. advrockrider

advrockrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just ordered the new juiced add on for my old squeeze, the original is an awesome product. I'm sure the new will be even better. After having a crash on my 500 that involved two front flips and the phone was still in the mount, I was sold. More money then the cheap crap but you only buy it one time and with the price of a phone why skimp?
    greasyfatman and Eatmore Mudd like this.
  11. navi

navi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    what's the difference between the juice squeeze and the fast squeeze ?
  12. CoastieAM

CoastieAM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Juiced squeeze charges at 5w fast squeeze charges at 10W which supports fast charging.
  13. Mondo-Hondo

Mondo-Hondo Delusional, but very excited

Oddometer:
    Just a heads up, If you’re ordering from the hondo website, all the juiced squeeze mounts ship with the fast charge puck.
    Eatmore Mudd, redkerk84 and Jamie Z like this.
  14. advrockrider

advrockrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Awesome service from Hondo garage! I got my new setup fast and as always it's a top notch product. On top of that I screwed up part of the install (totally my fault) and he sent out a replacement part with in an hour of my email! All because he knew I was headed to Baja next week! Thanks again for the awesome service!
    Eatmore Mudd likes this.
  15. stealman

stealman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have a few questions about the perfect squeeze being used with a Duroforce pro.
    Have people been having trouble with their phones overheating with the wireless charger?
    Is it possible to mount the phone in portrait mode with the adjusting mechanism at the top or bottom of the phone?
    I want to mount it on the front fender just in front of the headlight on a single cylinder dirt bike. Do you thing the fender would provide enough vibration dampening to not kill the phone optics?
    I think I would like a switch to turn the charger on and off. What would be recommended?
  16. Mondo-Hondo

Oddometer:
    We haven’t had any overheating reports. In order to use portrait orientation you’d have to mount the perfect squeeze perpendicular to the fender and clamp the phone from the narrow side. No reason this couldn’t be done. No idea if the fender would damp enough to protect the camera. Maybe?

as for switches, no specific recommendation. But you could also wire it up to a circuit that’s switched by the ignition so that it’s only in when the bike is.
    Eatmore Mudd likes this.
  17. stealman

stealman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the quick reply. Mounting the mount perpendicular puts the adjuster to the side, correct?
    What are the dimensions of the mount?
  18. Mondo-Hondo

Oddometer:
    when fully closed the mount is 1.625” wide x 3.35” long. When clamped on a phone the top will stick out past the phone by about .375” and the bottom by about .75”.
  19. stealman

stealman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So if I mount the squeeze sideways on my fender to hold the phone in portrait mode the mount will be around 4.5" wide?
    Is there any way to hold the phone in portrait mode with the long direction of the mount parallel to the long direction of the phone?
  20. Mondo-Hondo

Oddometer:
    That depends on how wide your phone is. With a phone in it, the mount would be about 1.125" wider overall than your phone is wide. Without a phone, and the mount closed, it would be 3.35" wide. The Perfect Squeeze won't open enough to clamp a phone on the long dimension. The Big Squeeze could do it, but right now it's not totally compatible with the wireless charger, so you'd have to use a cable.