Perfect Squeeze: Off-Road Phone Mount

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Mondo-Hondo, May 10, 2016.

1. texas_aggie

texas_aggie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the fast response.

Ah, great. I see that there are other holes, that will work!

Any tips on how to heat/unscrew the posts without melting the rubber and/or chafing the post?
  2. Mondo-Hondo

Mondo-Hondo Delusional, but very excited

Oddometer:
    What he said :) Depending on what batch yours came from, the posts may be loctited on. If so, they can sometimes be difficult to remove and you have to use pliers. If that's the case and you end up mangling them, let us know and we can send you some replacement posts. The metal and rubber posts screws off then you can use an allen wrench to remove the set screw and reinstall in one of the other holes. Newer batches will come with the posts uninstalled to alleviate this issue.
    bugzilla likes this.
  3. CoastieAM

CoastieAM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Heat gun on low to medium setting and protect the pliers with a cloth to remove
    Eatmore Mudd likes this.
  4. Mondo-Hondo

Oddometer:
    Also, the hex wrench size for the set screw is 3/32" and make sure NOT to use a ball end hex as those are more likely to strip out the hex.
  5. texas_aggie

Oddometer:
    So I removed the skinny part with the two posts to avoid getting the puck too hot. While I had it off, I came back to the table and the part with the spring under it had come off. Was there supposed to be a ball bearing between the spring and the knob? IMG_8086.jpg
  6. Mondo-Hondo

Oddometer:
    Yeah. Not supposed to remove that part :) There is a spring and a 1/4" delrin ball bearing in there (it's white). The easier way to do it is to remove the puck from the machined holder (it pops out if you gently pull up on the strain relief for the cable). If you can't find the ball let us know.
    Eatmore Mudd likes this.
  7. texas_aggie

Oddometer:
    White ball located. It rolled under my dog.

PSqueeze installed and working great.

This is a very well made tool. Far better than the x-mount it replaces

Thanks!

View attachment 2226929
  8. texas_aggie

Oddometer:
    I noticed today that the top right post will push the power button on my iPhone 11 after it settles into place. So for anybody with an iPhone 11: save yourself some aggravation and move both top posts down to the next hole for proper fitment
    Eatmore Mudd likes this.
  9. Scourge

Scourge Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I see it has an amps pattern on the back for attaching things but... I want to mount it directly to something that already has the pattern - do I need to make my own sandwich plate or is there a way to bolt it directly to an AMPS ready plate?
  10. Mondo-Hondo

Oddometer:
    The holes on the PS are threaded (10-32). So if your AMPS plate has through-holes then you can just bolt it right up.
  11. Scourge

Scourge Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    It's a threaded base (motopumps KTM 790R GPS mount). Could I offset the pattern and drill two counter-sunk holes on the face of the mount so a sandwich plate didn't need to be an entire width x2 of an AMPS pattern? I can't quite see how the mount adapters fix to the back of the mount itself on the web pics.

Is it a dovetail or something?
  12. Mondo-Hondo

Oddometer:
    You could just drill out two of the holes on the motopump mount. You don't need more than two screws for the AMPS pattern. So you could leave two holes threaded for use with other things and two holes as through holes for use with the PS. The various mounts bolt right to the back. So if using a ram ball, that bolts right to the back of the PS. For our low-profile clamps, there's a plate with a dovetail that screws to the PS using two flathead cap screws. The AMPS specification is a rectangular pattern with four holes, but many mounts use just two holes on the diagonal. That would be the cleanest installation I think.
  13. turnbyturn

turnbyturn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Replaced that tough claw crap. Those pressfit plastic ball and socket ones are just pure garbage. Three months of use, swivel the phone in the gripper a little and the connection just CAME APART, WITH MY PHONE IN MY HAND, ON THE ROAD. Never should have wasted the virgin plastic. When you look at the price difference, really no comparison to be had there.

On the other hand, thanks! Love my Perfect Squeeze. Bought about a year ago. I tell everyone, I show everyone what quality looks like.
    Mondo-Hondo likes this.
  14. axia

axia Super Schralpster

Oddometer:
    I swear I searched every term I could think of and couldn't find anything, but what is the maximum width that the phone clamp opens?
  15. nickmort1

nickmort1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    On the first page of this thread there was a post in 2016 that stated the max spread as 3.625" No idea if that is still relevant, but I can't imagine they made it smaller
  16. axia

axia Super Schralpster

Oddometer:
    Lol. Thanks. Searched the thread for words like "maximum", "width", and "size" but never thought to look up "spread!" And it's on the first page too... :flush
  17. nickmort1

nickmort1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've done it a million times myself. I just happened to stumble upon it when I was doing a little research right before I saw your post!
    Eatmore Mudd likes this.
  18. bradatlarge

bradatlarge Insha'Allah

Oddometer:
    Mine is in the capable hands of the United States Postal Service - I can't wait to check this thing out in person later today.
  19. jesusgatos

jesusgatos fishing with dynamite

Oddometer:
    Ordered a big squeeze and fit to Aurora rally light kit on my 701 so could mount phone, vertically or horizontally, and have the option to fit a tablet. Super well-designed/made. Only complaint is there's a really annoying buzz/rattle when empty, a rubber band around the two halves fixes it. Would also be nice if the adjuster knob had a little more surface area to make spinning with gloved hands quicker/easier. Maybe taller knob, if not larger dia, to keep lower profile, and wonder if the housing needs to cover the top of the knob, why not leave more exposed?

IMG_20200329_165351.jpg
  20. bradatlarge

bradatlarge Insha'Allah

Oddometer:
    I for one wish that I had a larger knob.

:hide
    Brutalguyracing likes this.