1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Perfect Squeeze: Off-Road Phone Mount

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Mondo-Hondo, May 10, 2016.

1. Introspective

Introspective n00b

Oddometer:
    Have you received a shipping confirmation? I ordered mine on 28th July and received a message on 31st July saying that there are delays and it won't ship until 7th Aug :hmmmmm
  2. GreatWhiteHunter

GreatWhiteHunter Lovin' Life! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I did get mine and it's all mounted. No delays, but wasn't Amazon fast and I didn't expect it to be.
  3. Bruincounselor

Bruincounselor North Plains Drifter Supporter

Oddometer:
    What's the best way to move the pegs with messing them up? Is there loc-tite in there too?
    They should put a video on the the website of this process.

I like the idea of the waterproof quick disconnect. Can I buy the cable somewhere so I really can move the mount to other bikes, I don't see it on the website anywhere?
  4. CoastieAM

CoastieAM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Try warming the pegs with a heat gun slightly and then cover with a rag and grab them with pliers they should thread right off. Then use an Allen key to remove the post under it and to another threaded hole.. extra cables are available on Motopowerpuck.com
    Bruincounselor likes this.
  5. YetAnotherSquid

YetAnotherSquid n00b

Oddometer:
    My FZ6R killed the camera on my pixel 3 and my new pixel 4 and now I know why, have ordered a Buzz Kill
  6. mda185

mda185 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I purchased a Perfect Squeeze 2 weeks ago to see if I could get it to work with a Garmin Zumo XT because the factory mount supplied by Garmin does not look like it will stand up to off road motorcycle use. Hondo Garage support and communication while I experimented was outstanding. I modified the Perfect Squeeze with longer studs and it is working brilliantly to mount my Zumo XT on my KTM 350EXCF. Pictures and a more detailed description here:

https://advrider.com/f/threads/rugged-mount-for-garmin-zumo-xt.1464156/#post-40729515
    mbabc likes this.
  7. Bruincounselor

Bruincounselor North Plains Drifter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Shout out to Dave @ Hondo Garage. He went above and beyond to help me solve some self-inflicted compatibility issues.

They are top notch people and of course the Juicer is the best mount on this planet. If you are on the edge for any reason take the plunge and get one.

Keep up the great work!
  8. mbabc

mbabc Curmudgeon trainee

Oddometer:
    Maybe he'll make the Zumo XT mod as an option. Rugged mounts for the XT are lacking, especially at the Perfect Squeeze price point.
  9. Tortuga353

Tortuga353 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yep! Hondo is the best. I had some mounting configuration issues and wanted a quick release low profile mount option. Low and behold he responded within 24 hours with solutions.

The perfect squeeze has been perfect, the buzz kill has been necessary for the 500, and now stoked to try the low profile with a thumb screw.

The only thing I regret is wasting money on other handlebar clamps before buying the low profile. Seems solid expect no issues.

221A6AD0-33D3-43FA-9145-FCC8495245C8.jpeg
    Thumb screw works great. I love tool less options. Original is 2.5” but 2” is pretty much standard long in 10/32. It works for my needs though!
  10. sorio

sorio Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello @Mondo-Hondo, is retrofitting the Perfect Squeeze with the Juicer makes the setup more bulky or it is equivalent to buying the Juiced Squeeze? I was thinking about getting the Perfect Squeeze and maybe later upgrading it with the Juicer at some point (I want a non-wired phone holder right now).

Thanks!
  11. sorio

sorio Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just for others who have the same question, Hondo Garage confirmed that Perfect Squeeze + Juicer is identical to Juiced Squeeze, cost-wise too.
    9Realms and StuartV like this.
  12. satur9

satur9 angry black guy

Oddometer:
    How is the charger attached to the mount. Is it glue ?. Screws on the back?. I want to temporarily take puck off without breaking it.
  13. GF-kam

GF-kam Long timer

Oddometer:
    My ride is a 2018 KTM 690 Enduro R. I recently started using a wonderful smart iPhone app called Scenic for off-line motorcycle navigation. Unfortunately, after a month or so, my Apple iPhone XR camera image stabilizer failed. The jiggling effect on camera. Fortunately I still was within my Apple Care, and paid $0 dollar to get my iPhone repaired. Lesson learned.

If you plan on using your smart phone on a big thumper, I highly recommend the Buzz-kill anti vibration damper with your Perfect Squeeze cradle by Hondo Garage. I am currently using my RAM Quick-Grip with the Buzz-kill. Hope to upgrade to the Perfect Squeeze soon. Awesome support by Hondo Garage. A+++ inmate and dirt bike rider.

Some pics of my current setup. So far no issues with my smart phone.

The Buzz-Kill damper by Hondo Garage just sits in between my existing Diamond 1" inch Ram ball and the RAM cradle.
    IMG_3124.jpeg

IMG_3125.jpeg

View of setup mounted on my 2018 KTM 690 Enduro R. I still kept my 1/8" thick soft foamy tool box liner, which is held down by rubber bands. It certainly didn't protect my iPhone camera image stabilizer. I am using a zip tie as strain relief for my USB/Lightning power cable.
    IMG_3127.jpeg
    abandoned track and blalor like this.
  14. Carmmond

Carmmond S.E. WI

Oddometer:
    What's your reason for wanting to upgrade the RAM cradle to the perfect squeeze.... just wondering I have the same RAM cradle as you?
  15. GF-kam

GF-kam Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Hondo Garage cradle looks well thought out and more streamlined. If it works as good as the Buzz-kill, the Perfect Squeeze should ultimate setup. I know more pricy. But, a lot cheaper than constantly replacing phones.
  16. Carmmond

Carmmond S.E. WI

Oddometer:
    Ok just wanted to know if you had a problem with it.... don't seem so. With just getting the bike I'm more into a new pipe (Wings) and a new seat (Fisher) and have the clutch slave done already with the Recluse.

Did get the Buzz-kill tonight.
    GF-kam likes this.
  17. GF-kam

GF-kam Long timer

Oddometer:
    The RAM Quick Grip phone cradle seems to work with Buzz-kill with no issues. I've been using my setup for about a month. So either option will work.

Sounds like you might have a new KTM in the quiver. Any time I see a seat, Wings, and master slave clutch cylinder upgrade, I think of the KTM 690 / Husky 701.

FYI . I did post s few videos of the Hondo Garage setup on the KTM 690 Enduro R thread. Let me know if you need the link and I'll post it.
  18. Carmmond

Carmmond S.E. WI

Oddometer:
    Yep bought the 690 SMC in July and have the master slave done and looking at a Fisher seat next with the wings to follow next spring. I did see your post with the videos and read the one guys reply to you on Youtube about how many miles he has put on without any phone problems. So yep between you and him you sold me on this thing:D
    GF-kam likes this.
  19. Carmmond

Carmmond S.E. WI

Oddometer:
    Got the Buzz-Kill in the mail yesterday, slapped it on the same Ram set up GF-kam has and went out for a 40 mile ride on the SMC-R. Now that the Buzz-Kill is on I can see how much of a beating the phone was getting and that was just on the street! Just constant very small jerks from all the bumps, holes, RR tracks heck everything:) Glad I got it and thanks for your review GF-kam.
    GF-kam likes this.
  20. GF-kam

GF-kam Long timer

Oddometer:
    Keep us posted Carmmond.

I see one YouTube review of Buzz-kill with over 10K miles with no issues on his iPhone.

I've logged about 600 miles on my iPhone XR with Buzz-kill mounted on my KTM 690 Enduro with no issues thus far. Both on an off-road. Seems to be the real deal.